What's new

Going to India

Since op is going with kids all those nature place like ladakh etc will be boring for them. They will amused by little things in india like cow in the middle of the road taking dump, donkey pulling cart, ride in rickshaw etc

Kerala, Goa, Rajastan are tourism friendly states.

You can fly directly to Delhi/Banagluru via Air france. yes travel from point A to B is slow. So plan accordingly. From north to south you better off taking air route. and travel by road locally. OCt/Nov is good time of the year in terms of weather. Jan/Feb is not bad either. Avoid Dec as flight cost more.

Travel idea: Is it first time to tropic? you can do some nature travel like visit to plantations like cofffe,tea,pepper,cinnamon,banana and ofcourse cocoa(chocolate) while you are in south India(Kerala/banglore). it will good for kids and kid in you! Royal enfield is great if it were you and your wife. if you are still inclined you can rent them for a day or two in Goa.

Here's advice: please come to india with open mind and patience(you must be havg lots of it with 3 kids). Its easy to get annoyed in india, if its first time to third world countries. you will see kids of your kids age on street, be prepared.
Please keep us update with your itenery. Have pleasant journey.

And here's elephant thing!! http://www.junglelodges.com/index.php/resorts/dubare.html

Hey guys thank you all for so much help and tips, I know all of you want me and the family to visit your states, but India is so huge and I know traveling in India is not easy. If it was just me and the wife we could have probably done a lot more in 5 weeks but with three kids in tow that will be impossible.

But my daughters love India and they haven't even set foot of India's soil yet, and my son can't wait to go and explore, it's getting closer now we have booked our tickets for the first week of September, so now it's going to happen for real, the kids are getting their shots and not happy about it.

We know we are going to be in for a massive culture shock, but that's part of the adventure, I think India is unique in so many ways, its a land full of contradictions, chaos, poverty, wealth, history, culture, art, music, color and so much more. And you guys on here have made it so much easier for us to learn about your nation.

Thank you guys, you have all been awesome. :)

If its a Garmin, you might have some compatibility issues some places.

The easier option is buying the package from MapMyIndia.

Garmin has full support for India, no compatibility issues, he might have to get it updated before coming here.

Thanks guys very helpful, would be good to have the maps on my GPS, we can track our route etc and will be helpful for future planning, if we come to India again.

Hey guys question for you all, arriving in Mumbai and was wondering where I can exchange currency and get the best possible rates, legally and not black market, I know that in Airports you never get the best exchange rates any help once again is much appreciated.

Hey guys question for you all, arriving in Mumbai and was wondering where I can exchange currency and get the best possible rates, legally and not black market, I know that in Airports you never get the best exchange rates any help once again is much appreciated.

I would advice going in for whatever exchange you get in the airport. As for me, frankly the last thing which would come to my mind whenever I land in India is what is the best exchange rate I get. My mind always would worry about the proper arrival of the baggage and whether I have a proper pickup (if I have arranged one prior to my arrival) or whether I would be taken for a ride by taxiwallas(if I do not have a pickup arranged before).

Back
Top Bottom