What's new

Going to India

Hey guys,

But that is just a minor thing, my kids have been saying that India could be so much more beautiful, my girl saw some people throwing rubbish at a really beautiful location in Kerala and she went to them and said why are you doing this, and picked up the rubbish, I was very proud of her and I hope those people learnt a lesson.

Thats one thing, which pains me. Lack of discipline and social conscience is something that we should learn from the west. We ape westerners quite fast in everything, except for things like this.

I don;t know why Indians can't see how they are destroying their country by throwing litter every where, it does sadden us, even at the most beautiful, pristine location, I have seen families just throwing their rubbish everywhere, it makes me sick to see this, it's not my country but it seems to me that my family and me love this country more than most India citizen, just very sad.

Some people may also ask to have your photograph with them, please do not take it insulting as well. They may even click your photograph without your consent. Foreigners (no matter with or black) in India are taken with lot of curiosity. You will get used to of these stares in coming days.

LOLLZZ.. Stares. Very true. As if someone has landed from the moon. Find it very funny.

I don;t know why Indians can't see how they are destroying their country by throwing litter every where, it does sadden us, even at the most beautiful, pristine location, I have seen families just throwing their rubbish everywhere, it makes me sick to see this, it's not my country but it seems to me that my family and me love this country more than mist India citizen, just very sad.

Yups, its long way to go for us and bring in self restraint, self discipline.

My opinion - tourism in India is poorly promoted or not enough to explore its potential. It has unparalleled avenues to offer in terms of heritage, food, beliefs, religious practices, diversity, breathtaking landscapes, beaches, mountains, the majestic Himalayas, temples, churches, mosques, language & a lot more !

I don;t know why Indians can't see how they are destroying their country by throwing litter every where, it does sadden us, even at the most beautiful, pristine location, I have seen families just throwing their rubbish everywhere, it makes me sick to see this, it's not my country but it seems to me that my family and me love this country more than most India citizen, just very sad.

Interesting isn't it, that for the so called individualism of the west, they are more concerned for the community than the people from east :)

And nobody here hates you for your kind words and actions. We love it that India still attracts people like your family :)

And I hope your posts teach all of us a lesson.

Well it will be very hard for you to understand this. Indians were actually like this for hundreds of years. But still you can find lots of beautiful places in India. You must be wondering, if Indians were like this since ancient times all the natural beauty must be vanished by now!! Indian culture and civilization has lot to do in preserving the natural beauties rather than the Indians (humans).
There is close relation between Indians(humans) and other living things. Indians accept birds, cows, dogs, cats, vultures, ants, insects, trees etc as apart of their life and do not kill them or interfere in there matter (unlike westerners). In return they help us to regulate the environment and maintain Eco-system.

I dont know by being a westerner if you could understand this. From surface, it may look ugly to you. But you might get an idea if you think closely about why there are animals on roads? You might even find large group of monkeys or cows blocking the road and people just wait to let them clear the road themselves. It will be very crazy to you, but all this has some meaning if you could understand. Rural Indians are more respecting to these creatures than urban Indians. Might be because Urban Indians are now in touch with western culture.

I dont know by being a westerner if you could understand this. From surface, it may look ugly to you. But you might get an idea if you think closely about why there are animals on roads? You might even find large group of monkeys or cows blocking the road and people wait to let them clear the road themselves. It will be very crazy to you, but all this has some meaning if you could understand. Rural Indians will be more respecting to these creatures than urban Indians. Might be because Urban Indians are now in touch with western culture.

Classic point and very intricate to our culture. E.g. bullocks are worshiped and decorated as like a groom on a particular day in Maharashtra. Its a treat to watch. Its nothing less than simplicity and gratitude the farmers exhibit towards their companion (bullock) who help them traditionally in carrying out farming jobs.

Yes Indians do respect the natural world, but I don;t see that as being the case now, if they did then why throw garbage ever where, why spit every where? Why not teach your kids to respect your city, community, country and mother nature?

If the mum and dad throw their rubbish all over without a care then the kids will do the same thing, and it becomes engrained in the mind on these kids, so they grow up and do the same thing.

To us this attitude is very bizarre.

So when are you planning to visit Pakistan? :D

And what your family members think about Pakistan? :D

I will visit Pakistan when it's safe and free, I guess that will be when hell freezes over.

Well then the hell was freezed till 2008 when we use to get 500,000 foreign visitors per year but now the situation is not like that.

Hope for the best, Its just a matter of time. :)

BTW have you visited indian kashmir tell me how was your experience?

Look Pakistan can be a great place to visit, but at the moment it's not safe, I have a young family as well, so I cannot afford for anything to happen to them they are priceless.

Yes Indians do respect the natural world, but I don;t see that as being the case now, if they did then why throw garbage ever where, why spit every where? Why not teach your kids to respect your city, community, country and mother nature?

If the mum and dad throw their rubbish all over without a care then the kids will do the same thing, and it becomes engrained in the mind on these kids, so they grow up and do the same thing.

To us this attitude is very bizarre.

Absolutely agree ! At one point of time, Government of India had to step up advertisement campaign to promote this. Hope the situation improves.

Back
Top Bottom