What's new

Going to India

We loved India, yes there are some not so nice things mainly the poverty, lack of cleanliness, dirt everywhere and the way women are treated, but there are also some great and wonderful things as well.

We are alas planning to go back next year in November, I just want to tell you what my daughter said, she's very young and children are always honest.

"I loved India but why do Indian people throw their rubbish all over? Why do they not respect their country and mother nature?"

We loved India, yes there are some not so nice things mainly the poverty, lack of cleanliness, dirt everywhere and the way women are treated, but there are also some great and wonderful things as well.

We are alas planning to go back next year in November, I just want to tell you what my daughter said, she's very young and children are always honest.

"I loved India but why do Indian people throw their rubbish all over? Why do they not respect their country and mother nature?"

I agree with all your points except the way women are treated- in all my times to India I can't say this is anything I've noticed. But yes Civic pride needs to be built up.

Agreed but i also agreed with Abingdonboy, what exactly did you noticed about ill treatment of Indian Women could u explain a bit bcoz some of it may have been a culture thing which we might able to explain properly....

BTW do tell us about all the places u visited in India along with what u liked n what not.

We might be able to suggest u some tips for ur next trip...:enjoy:

Well we made friends with.a Indian family while in Mumbai, they were incredible with their hospitality, they have two daughters one is 18 and the other 21 they told us a lot of horror stories about things that have happened to them.

Now these are Indian women and reading the papers etc its easy to see how bad "eve teasing" or in other words sexual harassment of women is. I noticed this with my wife as well, the staring, taking photos of her on the sly, sometimes even bumping into her when there was plenty of space to walk around her without having to touch her.

Now we spoke to a lot of other foreign women who are in India and they have similar stories.

But we loved India, you guys have a great country with so much diversity, so many religions live in peace side by side, so much great and wonderful nature and best of all you guys truly are the most friendly people.

Like I have said before you guys need to take care of your country, it was disappointing for us to see how people just throw their garbage everywhere without caring, even in the most scenic places we saw people just dumping their crap all over.

The public toilets are ****** and we saw people just shitting and pissing on the roads and tracks etc.

Even with all that bad we love and loved India and can't wait to return.

Shatterpoint haven't gone through your entire thread but glad to know you enjoyed your stay:D:

Next time you come here i can arrange for your stay in Delhi if you so desire. My ex girlfriend sister married a french guy so tried learning french for a while and now that she is ex. tried best to forget it.

Hoping you can help me brush it up :D:

Hey no problem man, India was great and it was good the kids loved it as well, can't wait to get back.

I agree with mistreatment to women, its a countrywide problem although in some places less than others.

Hopefully this will change but it will take a long time, education will play a big part in changing attitudes.

India is dirty. It is sad. But it is developing very fast these days infrastructure wise. Most cities are open construction sites. Let's hope once the infrastructure is on par, the cleanliness will be too.

@Shatterpoint
Agreed there is no explanation for such utter nuisance n we really have a long way to go....

But i m delighted that even after all the problems u faced u still enjoyed ur stay here...

I hope that atleast PDF Indians will understand the situation n try restrain from such activities not only themselves but also stop others whenever n where ever one can...:agree:

The garbage thing is still a long way to go as its a much more complicated issue than what u think but i wish govt. put ban on public spliting atleast...:undecided:

Anyways don't forget to write a detailed blog ur trip with pros n cons of each places u visited...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Shatterpoint thanks for honest appreciations.Both of your points are very valid and true. But the degree varies from state to state. Do have a plan to visit Assam and NE states in your next trip. These states are quite different from mainland India.

Guys I am sorry if I offended any of you as I didn't intend that, India is truly a wonderful place and I hope things do change. A lot of single female tourist face these problems, and so do Indian women, hell even my wife got very angry and upset a few times.

Guys I am sorry if I offended any of you as I didn't intend that, India is truly a wonderful place and I hope things do change. A lot of single female tourist face these problems, and so do Indian women, hell even my wife got very angry and upset a few times.

There is no need to feel sorry dear what u said was truth n the quicker we realise our mistakes the better it is for our own good....:agree:

But the degree of such acts differ from city to city as there r all kinds of people in a 1+ billion country but over all India isn't unsafe for tourists its just that tourists need to understand the local customs a bit n locals need to be a bit open minded...:)

We did respect the customs, my wife made sure she covered up, and so do a lot of the female tourist we have seem, but it does not make a difference. Even Indian women face these issues every day.

next time do visit Kerala..........:smitten: GOD's OWN COUNTRY ................. :smitten:

Back
Top Bottom