What's new

Going to India

Yes the people have been great, when we have asked for help etc, they have gone out of their way to help us, I guess that is the one ting very true about India and Indian hospitality.

What do you mean? We have been respecting the culture here, my wife was not wearing any revealing clothes etc, and my daughters are young.

India gets millions of tourists every year - though there might be a few random incidents of what you mention - but overall Indians don't bother foreigners at least in the cities.

What do you mean? We have been respecting the culture here, my wife was not wearing any revealing clothes etc, and my daughters are young.

Don't get us wrong brother we r just guessing what could have been the reason

We mean no disrespect to u or ur family

Be cool , It's natural You look different so suddenly get noticed , but nothing wrong . if you will speak them you will find very helpful persons.

In which city you are ? Generally Mumbai guys are very busy , they don't get much time to stare .

be careful , not getting anything ask people around they are generally helpful.

Same with tourist places in Rajasthan like Jodhpur, Udaipur, Jaipur, Jaisalmer etc there are tourists all the time. However if you go to places like Tonk or Dholpur you'll often get stares.

Yes the festival was going on, so that's probably why, the kids love it here, and we all get a lot of attention, I my wife was feeling very uncomfortable with all the Indian men staring at her, even my daughters were getting those stares, and it wasn't isolated, don;t know whats up with that?

I almost got into a fight with about 10 men once who were clicking photos of my wife and daughter, not sure if they will get away with that sort of thing overseas, I have even spoken to a lot of foreign tourist here and they have all said the same thing, it's not very good thing to do.

Can you guys tell me why this happens?

with 10 men ??? :woot: (generally it happens in Bollywood movies)

with 10 men ??? :woot: (generally it happens in Bollywood movies) r u really from France ? r u serious ? Because you are travailing in India and you have time to POST ON PAKISTAN DEFENSE FORUM ?????? :woot: :woot:

Don't mind there are many "posters" from Pakistan who pretend Chinese , Irani, British , Americans...:lol:. so just checking ... :cool:

[/B]

Cut the crap moron 99.99% of the imposters are indians with british or american flags no Pakistani hides behind foriegn flags so shut up and its Qasim not kasim! u retard.

Yes I am, but like I said overall the experience has been great, we love it here, just saddens us to see so many beautiful places getting ruined, garbage every where, people not caring about the country or environment.

Foreigners get stares in India, particularly in small towns. Its part of the cultural shock for foreign tourists. I know it can be painful for you but thats just how it is.

You have to realise the people staring do not think anything wrong in that, its a cultural difference.

Yes the people have been great, when we have asked for help etc, they have gone out of their way to help us, I guess that is the one ting very true about India and Indian hospitality.

Yes generally people r helpful specially towards foreigners n most of India is crowded place during daytime so generally not much problem but i'll recommend to avoid travelling at night(except for tains):D

Yes I am, but like I said overall the experience has been great, we love it here, just saddens us to see so many beautiful places getting ruined, garbage every where, people not caring about the country or environment.

Yes u r right but as awareness is spreading people r getting cautious these days i think even u r post would also prove to be helpful as there r many Indians on this forum itself

Anyways would love to see a review from u about ur trip:D

Back
Top Bottom