What's new

Going to India

Yeah will try and get access to the net in India and post pics and my thoughts about India the good and the bad.

Hi guys a question regarding Indian customs...

1. I will be carrying some alcohol into India, I have 3 bottles which total to 2.1 liters, I know I am allowed to carry only 2liters into India, will Indian customs harass me because I am a little over the limit?

2. 2 bottle 700ml each so that's 1.4liters, and the other is also 700ml which total to 2.1liters will this be a problem?

A generic reply; to point 1, I have always marched up and declared what I am carrying, and that it is slightly deviant, and the typical Customs officers have sat and goggled for a few seconds, then have told me with intense feeling in their voices that they are quite all right with my moving on.

However, visitors might face a problem. My suggestion: tell them what it is, and take their decision as fair. It will most probably be to allow the excess in.

Hi guys a question regarding Indian customs...

1. I will be carrying some alcohol into India, I have 3 bottles which total to 2.1 liters, I know I am allowed to carry only 2liters into India, will Indian customs harass me because I am a little over the limit?

2. 2 bottle 700ml each so that's 1.4liters, and the other is also 700ml which total to 2.1liters will this be a problem?

well i dont think it would be a problem for a little over the limit......but if you are worried have a few glasses mate lol.......
you get good alcohol in India(nearly all good stuff..except in Tamil Nadu)...not a problem anyways.....

start from the south...

Jog Falls (karnataka)

Mighty_Jog.jpg

Athirapally water falls (Kerala)
Athirapally_Falls,_Front_View.jpg

Thalaiyar falls (Tamil Nadu)
Rattail_1full.jpg

In Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka so many beautiful water falls are there... don't miss them..

@shutter point

One week in Kerala, you gonna know what really a monsoon is ..have umbrella with you all the time.

You are a bit late, as tomorrow was onam, our national festival..

Hi Shutterpoint .... So what all places you finally decided to visit ? ... as i think its not even a week till you will be arriving in India ?

Hi guys,

In India now and loving it, been a lot of ups and downs, travel in India is exhausting, the pollution is bad and it is dirty, but there are so many great things about the country, the people, the diversity, the beauty.We have decide to stay 2 more weeks, the kids don;t want to go back home and the wife and me are loving it and already planning another trip back.

To all Indians please take care of your country, it saddens us to see rubbish every where, even in the most beautiful natural places there is rubbish, plastic etc allover the place, it comes across to us that Indians do not care about their nation, please guys look after it, once you destroy your natural beauty it will be gone forever and you will never get it back.

India is blessed but it won't be that way for long, the way corruption is working in India, they will destroy even your most pristine environments, it's saddens us to see that and for me to say this on here. I don't think Indian people we have observed care about their great nation and its natural environment, you guys just throw your rubbish every where without even caring, please look after your country.

@ Shatterpoint
I agree brother Indian create a lot of rubbish everywhere they go
But it takes time to change people's mindset there has been a change in people's thinking n now many(still not all) people try avoid creating unnecessary rubbish n even the Govt. is taking these issues seriously compared to the past But its still a long way to go

Anyways hope u enjoy ur journey n the next time u come u find a better n cleaner India:D

We are all enjoying it, India is a great country and can be greater, loved the hustle and bustle of Mumbai, and we even got to see some elephants at the train station lol, the kids went wild, nowhere else in the world will you see elephants at a train station lol.

We are all enjoying it, India is a great country and can be greater, loved the hustle and bustle of Mumbai, and we even got to see some elephants at the train station lol, the kids went wild, nowhere else in the world will you see elephants at a train station lol.

Elephants at a train station in Mumbai??? that's odd, which station was it?

Back
Top Bottom