What's new

Going to India

We are all enjoying it, India is a great country and can be greater, loved the hustle and bustle of Mumbai, and we even got to see some elephants at the train station lol, the kids went wild, nowhere else in the world will you see elephants at a train station lol.

Yep u can find elephants in many parts of India but i doubt u saw them at Mumbai station as its very much crowded maybe it was bcoz of Lord Gansha's festival going on in India that u were able to witness such a scene otherwise u'll see elephants mainly in tourist spots only:D

Not with your background you won't ! My Grandpa didn't get a visa because he had served in the Pakistan Army; even if he retired way back in 65 !

You r right under current circumstances not possible but maybe with improvement in relations visa regime will be relaxed:D
I heard that in latest visa agreement now group visas(10-15 members) r available for Pak tourists....:yahoo:

You r right under current circumstances not possible but maybe with improvement in relations visa regime will be relaxed:D
I heard that in latest visa agreement now group visas(10-15 members) r available for Pak tourists....:yahoo:

My father is a serving brigadier.

I think it was Thane station, is that the right spelling?

Yep ur spelling is right but as i said earlier it must have something to do with Lord Ganesha festival else its nearly impossible for elephants to roam around mumbai:D

Yes the festival was going on, so that's probably why, the kids love it here, and we all get a lot of attention, I my wife was feeling very uncomfortable with all the Indian men staring at her, even my daughters were getting those stares, and it wasn't isolated, don;t know whats up with that?

I almost got into a fight with about 10 men once who were clicking photos of my wife and daughter, not sure if they will get away with that sort of thing overseas, I have even spoken to a lot of foreign tourist here and they have all said the same thing, it's not very good thing to do.

Can you guys tell me why this happens?

Yes the festival was going on, so that's probably why, the kids love it here, and we all get a lot of attention, I my wife was feeling very uncomfortable with all the Indian men staring at her, even my daughters were getting those stares, and it wasn't isolated, don;t know whats up with that?

I almost got into a fight with about 10 men once who were clicking photos of my wife and daughter, not sure if they will get away with that sort of thing overseas, I have even spoken to a lot of foreign tourist here and they have all said the same thing, it's not very good thing to do.

Lots of white women live and work in Bangalore and no one bothers them or even gives them a second glance - foreigners were a novelty decades ago but not anymore. What you are stating is pretty strange. I hope you are not unduly attracting attention to yourselves by being over conscious.

Depends on where you're staying. There are a bunch of tourist hot spots throughout India. However if you tend to visit a place that hasn't seen any other visitor other than themselves, this sort of thing unfortunately does happen.

Be cool , It's natural You look different so suddenly get noticed , but nothing wrong . if you will speak them you will find very helpful persons.

In which city you are ? Generally Mumbai guys are very busy , they don't get much time to stare .

be careful , not getting anything ask people around they are generally helpful.

Lots of white women live and work in Bangalore and no one bothers them or even gives them a second glance - foreigners were a novelty decades ago but not anymore. What you are stating is pretty strange. I hope you are not unduly attracting attention to yourselves by being over conscious.

What do you mean? We have been respecting the culture here, my wife was not wearing any revealing clothes etc, and my daughters are young.

Maybe its something to do with their dress up its a bit conservative society at many places
I'll recommend that its better to wear less revealing or even better if u could get a couple of ''kurtas'' an Indian dress for young girls n women to avoid unnecessary attention n problem

Back
Top Bottom