What's new

Global Firepower - 2014 Ranks

Non of these damn lists are accurate. There are way too many factors one has to take into count when considering the placements of different nations, it's like making a list of which fruit is the "best" - firstly, it will never get objective since everyone has their own opinion/taste, secondly, what's "best" needs to be defined (sweetest, cheapest, biggest, smallest, most colorful?). For instance, some nations has put all their focus on defense so that they become somewhat like a turtle, other nations has the need to interfere in conflicts so they have to be able to quickly mobilize large amount of forces, etc. One can compare the first-strike capability of two air forces, or the self-endurance of different army divisions, but comparing entire military forces is not going to give a fair nor reliable result, it won't tell anything of value.

Yes, can you please explain it ?

1.We can develop all kind of arms systems in high quality
2. develop of mass production cause of hugh capacity
3. high training level
4. experiences in modern wars

If you you look which countrys have the capacity to develop all kind of arms stuff, you will see it is only a few. Even China cant develop high quality engines. They use Russian engines in their jets. Even their frigate use foreign (MTU-Germany) engines.

Frigate, Fighter jets, Missiles, Bombs, Munition, Tanks....etc, all these stuffs we are able to produce th themselves in hight quality and mass production.

3. high training level

If you you look which countrys have the capacity to develop all kind of arms stuff, you will see it is only a few. Even China cant develop high quality engines. They use Russian engines in their jets. Even their frigate use foreign (MTU-Germany) engines.

Frigate, Fighter jets, Missiles, Bombs, Munition, Tanks....etc, all these stuffs we are able to produce th themselves in hight quality and mass production.
In a short time Germany could become a major military power if they wanted to.

3. high training level

Yours isn't about firepower, it more like Defence Industry Ranking.

Yours isn't about firepower, it more like Defence Industry Ranking.

Its a part thereof. I post something more than this. Defence industry is only one point. Maybe the most important point. Of course, I can write something more, like this, organized, disciplined, determined etc....

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. (Some member warned me cause of this list, and Indians missing in it).

Maybe next year, huh?!

Even I agree India should be placed lower in the list mainly because India imports almost 60% of its total defence hardware BUT we have a pretty decent missile arsenal which is mostly indigenous....we're among the few countries who have ICBMs.
Therefore even if I don't agree with the 4th position according to GFP, I think we can fit into top 10.

Last edited:
Its a part thereof. I post something more than this. Defence industry is only one point. Maybe the most important point. Of course, I can write something more, like this, organized, disciplined, determined etc....

Of course defence industry is a important factor but only in a prolonged fight. Let's say, you are geographically next to china and they suddenly decide to invade your country....

What are you going to say " Please wait for a few years until we make ourselves some more weapons ?".. As for today i mean for 2014 , Chinese are more powerfull than you in military.

Also i don't know anything about German treaties regarding WW2, i once heard Germany has been restricted with a maximum amount of steel they can produce for annually. Are there more restrictions like these bounds your country to gain more weapons ?

Even I agree India should be placed lower in the list mainly because India imports almost 60% of its total defence hardware BUT we have a pretty decent missile arsenal which is mostly indigenous....we're among the few countries who have ICBMs.
Therefore even if I don't agree with the 4th position according to GFP, I think we can fit into top 10.

That list is not about who produce most indigenous hardware. It's more like who has more muscles.

Therefore even if I don't agree with the 4th position according to GFP, I think we can fit within top 10.

Exactly this is your starch! But I dont thing it is enough for top ten. Though I have to admit that I know nothing about the schooling of Indian soldier. I dont know nothing about officer corps schooling....etc. All in all it is my own opinion.

No offense meant.

Of course defence industry is a important factor but only in a prolonged fight. Let's say, you are geographically next to china and they suddenly decide to invade your country....

What are you going to say " Please wait for a few years until we make ourselves some more weapons ?".. As for today i mean for 2014 , Chinese are more powerfull than you in military.

Also i don't know anything about German treaties regarding WW2, i once heard Germany has been restricted with a maximum amount of steel they can produce for annually. Are there more restrictions like these bounds your country to gain more weapons ?

You have a good point (geographical location), but I dont thing that is relevant for firepower list. China has more weapons (quantity), but not advanced in quality. Schooling is also an important point. What I heard is that Tukey has a good officers corps, but I can not say this to China, cause I dont know.

Last edited:
ou have a good point (geographical location), but I dont thing that is relevant for firepower list. China has more weapons (quantity), but not advanced in quality. Schooling is also an important point. What I heard is that Tukey has a good officers corps, but I can not say this to China, cause I dont know.

Nope i didn't want to say "Geographical İmportance", what i tried to say was they have a huge land army....

And yeap, the quantity - quality discussion. I'm no military expert, but we both know what happened in Korea war.

Back
Top Bottom