What's new

Girl forces fiancé to marry her 2 friends

but talk rationally about 1:4.

Does Islam promote polygamy? Does it encourage it? It merely permits it. Islam permits Muslim men to marry chaste Jewish and Christian women. But that does not happen much though. .

The conditions for polygamy are such that it turns off many men. And its not like all men will become polygamous.

that could be.. but its esentially punjabi culture. there is no representaion of other ethnivities in pakistani culture =punjabi culture

I am not Punjabi so I frankly don't understand a thing you just said.

on the first quote.. why does islam permits something repulsive to most people.also please tell me , if every one becomes a muslim and if every male wants 4 wives, imagine what a hell the world will be. women cheating on husband, husband killing other men for lust etc...
so give me a good reason otherwise the name of islam is in the drains.

the pak culture is nothing but punjabi culture. so you dont have to be one to understand it

Islam permits it, does not order it. Islam permits marriage for a Muslim man to a chaste Jew or Christian for all we care. How many Muslim men do you see making use of that right?

And Islam actually restricted polygamy. Before the advent of Islam people would have way more than four wives. Islam came and restricted the maximum number to four and further commanded men who can not be just to marry ONLY one. Since most men can not be just, Allah allows them only to be monogamous. Polygamy is totally forbidden on them. Furthermore the Quran states that sticking to one wife increases the chances of being just in the same verse it 'permits' polygamy.

Islam permits it, does not order it. Islam permits marriage for a Muslim man to a chaste Jew or Christian for all we care. How many Muslim men do you see making use of that right?

And Islam actually restricted polygamy. Before the advent of Islam people would have way more than four wives. Islam came and restricted the maximum number to four and further commanded men who can not be just to marry ONLY one. Since most men can not be just, Allah allows them only to be monogamous. Polygamy is totally forbidden on them. Furthermore the Quran states that sticking to one wife increases the chances of being just in the same verse it 'permits' polygamy.

why does islam permit polygamy when you yourself find abhorrent? Surely they could change it from 'full on polygamy' to monogamy rather than 'restricted polygamy'. What stopped them?
Do you think modern law that enforces monogamy better than islamic law then? (as you seem to favour monogamy).

but also before islam, women also had many men. remember that. so it was just.
islam has these rights only for men. why cand muslim girls marry christians or hindu men? thats not just.
any since islam permits polygamy, every muslim man can choose to opt for 4 wives and thats when the problem starts.

Islam places a lot of emphasis on paternity being established. Prior to the 21st century there was no DNA testing so the children born from a woman with multiple husbands could not possibly identify the father of her child. At least when a man has multiple wives, the paternity of a child is known.

Islam places a lot of emphasis on paternity being established. Prior to the 21st century there was no DNA testing so the children born from a woman with multiple husbands could not possibly identify the father of her child. At least when a man has multiple wives, the paternity of a child is known.
there were systems to circumvent that apparently. and it was a smooth system of equal polygamy and polyandry in arabia.

anyways, since now we can determine paternity i think islam law should be changed to allow women to marry many men, only so that there is lesser violence in the world due to shortage of women.

why does islam permit polygamy when you yourself find abhorrent? Surely they could change it from 'full on polygamy' to monogamy rather than 'restricted polygamy'. What stopped them?
Do you think modern law that enforces monogamy better than islamic law then? (as you seem to favour monogamy).

I don't find polygamy 'abhorrent', I just don't like it personally for myself. Everyone has their own definition of love and their own ideals of marriage. Mine fits in perfectly with monogamy. That may not be the case with everyone as some may have different ideals and perspectives.

There is nothing wrong with a man having multiple wives. I don't see anything wrong with it. As long as the man is just and his wives are willing to be in polygamy I have no problem with it.

What you are saying is coming from your own ideals which you want to thrust down on us. Not everyone has the same beliefs and culture as you.

By the way do you have a problem with the men in the West who cheat on their wives with multiple mistresses and leave their illegitimate children? At last polygamy [in proper Islamic practise] means that a man is taking care financially of his women and the children of his they give birth to.

And polygamy is not the norm in Islam. There is a condition of justice on it. And this condition ensures most men are not practising it since most men simply can not afford it.

there were systems to circumvent that apparently.

This is garbage. There was no system. The custom of the Arab pagans was that they'd invite some 'old wise' dude to identify the father of a child from a group of men using facial features to determine paternity. The process was naturally prone to error.

I don't find polygamy 'abhorrent', I just don't like it personally for myself. Everyone has their own definition of love and their own ideals of marriage. Mine fits in perfectly with monogamy. That may not be the case with everyone as some may have different ideals and perspectives.

There is nothing wrong with a man having multiple wives. I don't see anything wrong with it. As long as the man is just and his wives are willing to be in polygamy I have no problem with it.

What you are saying is coming from your own ideals which you want to thrust down on us. Not everyone has the same beliefs and culture as you.

By the way do you have a problem with the men in the West who cheat on their wives with multiple mistresses and leave their illegitimate children? At last polygamy [in proper Islamic practise] means that a man is taking care financially of his women and the children of his they give birth to.

And polygamy is not the norm in Islam. There is a condition of justice on it. And this condition ensures most men are not practising it since most men simply can not afford it.

This is garbage. There was no system. The custom of the Arab pagans was that they'd invite some 'old wise' dude to identify the father of a child from a group of men using facial features to determine paternity. The process was naturally prone to error.

you are a good guy.. all the best

I was not thrusting my views on you, just wanted to see how you find 'restricted polygamy' as better than other two options. It seems you dont see polygamy as wrong, so 'restricted polygamy' is not really an improvement.

Why not let people choose how many partner they want? Why restriction with an arbitrary number. What is so wrong with a man having 5 wives? Any rational basis?

I was not thrusting my views on you, just wanted to see how you find 'restricted polygamy' as better than other two options, as people claim divine origin of such law. It seems you dont see polygamy as wrong, so 'restricted polygamy' is not really an improvement.

Why not let people choose how many partner they want? Why restriction with an arbitrary number. What is so wrong with a man having 5 wives? Any rational basis?

Maybe because Allah SWT knew that its not possible for any man to ever be just with more than four wives.

Four is the maximum any man can go in his efforts to be just. Any more than that is impossible.

Any religion based discussion is always circular. In this case to justify gender inequality in Islam you gave reference of Islam - circular referencing. Typical.

there were systems to circumvent that apparently. and it was a smooth system of equal polygamy and polyandry in arabia.

anyways, since now we can determine paternity i think islam law should be changed to allow women to marry many men, only so that there is lesser violence in the world due to shortage of women.

The issue is not just about establishing paternity. In Islam the man is solely responsible for maintenance and provision. In polyandry a woman can not be the provider for multiple spouses. A woman can also not host more than one man's child at the same time.

Any religion based discussion is always circular. In this case to justify gender inequality in Islam you gave reference of Islam - circular referencing. Typical.

Most women would naturally feel disgusted at the idea of multiple husbands. The same can not be said for most men. In Islam men and women are equal, not identical. They have different needs, rights and desires. For example a woman is allowed to wear silk in Islam but men are forbidden from wearing it. Is that 'inequality'? A woman also has sole right over her income, but a man does not. Its obligatory on him to provide using that money.

Back
Top Bottom