What's new

Gilgit as a fifth province

I agree Gilgit should be fully represented in Pakistani national assembly and senate.

Although turning FATA into a province doesn't make sense, both geographically and administratively. It should be merged with K.Pakhtoonkhwa instead.

It should be the decision of FATA people whether they want to merge into KPK or want their own province.

Has it not been done already? I mean it was made the fifth province of Pakistan. @WAJsal can you kindly throw some light on the current status...since I believe that it has been already solved by declaring it 5th province as OP was created two years ago.

not yet

Why Gilgit-Baltistan why not just Baltistan? Yes I agree, it should be made a separate province. Equality and justice without discrimination is the key for a better Pakistan

It cant be, not yet, because Gilgit-Baltistan is the part of J&K and by declaring Gilgit as one of the province of Pakistan, we'll lose our case on J&K. However, an independent or special status like we have given to the AJK is possible and should be considered.
No we wont lose our case, let Baltistan become a province, a strip of AJK(including Muzaffarabad) will remain under the status of adisputed territory

Fata should be merged with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Gilgit Baltistan should be our 5th province... and our Political system should change into Presidential federation system instead or Parliamentary system.... All the provinces should equally represented and People choose President ..

Its very sad but i have to share it that in my university there were atleast 30 students from GB and majority of them dont consider them as Pakistani, then when i asked they said they havent given equal rights and all the other asusual complains like other ethincities of Pakistan.

Pakistan Army accepts seperate status of GB from AJK that is why it formed NLI Regiment besides AK Regiment.
Also any GB citizen can become army/naval/air cheif without any issue.

GB is an important part of Pakistan. We really need to solve the problems before it gets too late. Since we've been witnessing foreign hostile agencies using non-state actors in all those parts of Pakistan which are vital to us for example Karachi, Balochistan, KPK. We cant let them do the same in GB due to its immense strategic importance.
And also GB is a part of Pakistan whether strategically important or not Gilgit is Pakistan and Gilgitis are Pakistanis.

Can you explain briefly how geographically FATA can't be a part of Pakistan. I mean i don't understand what you are trying to explain.
I thought we were talking about FATA being merged with K.Pakhtoonkhwa or being a separate province.
And my point is that it can't be a province on it's own, as it's just one belt with no depth. Administratively it will be very difficult to manage.

Now where did you slipped your tracks and assumed that I was writing about "FATA can't be part of Pakistan", I don't know?

Thatswhy I will suggest that you read first, understand what's written and then hit the reply button, not the other way round.

Why Gilgit-Baltistan why not just Baltistan? Yes I agree, it should be made a separate province. Equality and justice without discrimination is the key for a better Pakistan

No we wont lose our case, let Baltistan become a province, a strip of AJK(including Muzaffarabad) will remain under the status of adisputed territory
It provides the precedent for India to work into breaking Jammu and Ladakh into different provinces both of which are Hindu and Buddhist majority areas. Also this would contain the militancy to the Kashmir region only. Pakistan would be shooting on its foot with this decision. OTOH this would be a good move for India.

please change the topic to "GB as a fifth province"
we people of gilgit baltistan are the most patriotic in whole pakistan
with our UNCONDITIONAL love for our country
we are always betrayed be pakistan (sorry to say but its fact )
we love paksitan but pakistan doesnt loves us
and irony is that in all over the world there are movements of separation but in GB there is movement of unity with pakistan but still pakistan dont want to make GB its part
these things are happening with us :
-no representation in national assembly
-no right to vote in pakistan
-violation of state subject rule
-no royalty of rivers and other resources
-no representation in CPEC (if we are not there china will be no longer pakistan's neighbour and there will be no CPEC-----recently i saw maahaz by wajahat saeed khan on DUNYA tv in which a pakistani delegation was in china to discuss CPEC .in the delegation there are representatives of all four provices and FATA but no GB representation )
-and much more
what we demand :
-make us part of pakistan by changing the constitution
-if pakistan cant do that atleast give us a status like Azad kashmir

So we hit a wall there then. If we make GB happy, then we make AJK unhappy. If we make AJK happy then we make GB unhappy. Some sort of compromise needs to be found.
simple , leave it to the people, do a referendum
remeber AJK should be given a choice too

As last time I may be banned from commenting anymore on this thread or in worse case even thrown out of this forum but I will still state some simple but harsh facts.
Does anyone know that a hunger strike by different Shia political and student organizations is going on in Islamabad?
And in their demands are:
1=the accountability of the Criminal silence and even support from within the Government & Law Enforcement Agencies in the killing of Shia Muslims
2= The inquiry of Kurram Agency incident where FC culprits killed 4 Shia Muslims on commandant Kurram , Politcal Agent & APA orders.
3= And the problem of the Government protected grabbing of lands from local Shia poulation of Gilgit Baltistan and "colonizing" of outsider radical sunni population on it.
There are only two places in this country which regained their freedom on their own while the state of Pakistan turned their backs, one was Gilgit which fought on its own to get its freedom and joined Pakistan, the other is Parachinar whose people fought a 5 years long siege of the entire city by Taliban with utmost scarcity of food medicines and every essential of life and not only successfully survived but regained the areas lost to Taliban, when the sher dilair Frontier Constabulary flee from there, on their own. During three years when the protection of city was in the hands of locals, not a single bomb blast happened and many suicide bombers were taken down before reaching their targets and now from when Army and FC have taken control then every few months there are blasts and attacks on the passengers. And keep it in mind that Army operation done in Kurram was in lower kurram belonging to non shia population in case if you try to remind me that Army brought peace in Parachinar.
Both the local populations of Parachinar and Gilgit are facing an ugly and inhumane treatment from the government as well as law enforcement institutions while the Takfiri Taliban elements are roaming free and doing as they please, and now the land snatching and tries to disturb the
population balance are things which indicate toward a single fact which is the fear of the ones in actual power about the religious sympathies and loyalties of the people of these areas. And in Gilgit's case the possible formation of a government of any such religious minded political entities.
You can shout Kasmir Kashmir all day and can deny and shun this as much as you like for its only true if it happens to you, and the actual facts are always alien looking and hard to digest.
bitter-truth1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom