What's new

Gilgit as a fifth province

Public demonstrations in both Gilgit Baltistan and AJK, big and continuous, demanding to be made part and provinces of Pakistan. Nothing is as powerful as people's uprising.

Then call the UN, show her the situation and ask her to pass resolutions for these two regions, to be made proper part of Pakistan.

It is genuine and most effective way to solve the problem for good. It will be more civilized and organized as well, as the people of the region are well educated.

@WAJsal sir what are your views? We talk about moral and diplomatic support for people of IOK but don't mobilize people of our side of the border. We need a mass movement of people of AJK and GB, to wake the UN up. It will help solve problem by 50% and work as catalyst to solve the whole Kashmir issue.

Last edited:
I thought we were talking about FATA being merged with K.Pakhtoonkhwa or being a separate province.
And my point is that it can't be a province on it's own, as it's just one belt with no depth. Administratively it will be very difficult to manage.

Now where did you slipped your tracks and assumed that I was writing about "FATA can't be part of Pakistan", I don't know?

Thatswhy I will suggest that you read first, understand what's written and then hit the reply button, not the other way round.

:D

I didn't asked the question clearly, my bad.

My question was, why you think that FATA can't become a province on its own? You know Pakistan Army is building it and for next 8 years Pak army will require $8 billion to make FATA a completely new place to live in. I feel FATA should get a sort of privilege. It should become a new province and it should get its due share in budget. I feel a little percentage of PSDP should be spend on FATA for at least a decade.

Above all FATA possess gold, oil, gas, copper and other mineral reserves. Exploring it can make FATA earn billions.

:D

I didn't asked the question clearly, my bad.

My question was, why you think that FATA can't become a province on its own?

Read my previous reply again. Here I will help you.
And my point is that it can't be a province on it's own, as it's just one belt with no depth. Administratively it will be very difficult to manage.

Get yourself a map and you will understand what I am talking about.

Sorry couldn't read the full article, but i would say make efforts to solve kashmir issue otherwise make GB and Azad Kashmir and even FATA as Pakistan's provinces...else it will be too late and we will make our case weak for these areas aswell,not only for indian occupied kashmir.pluse it will promote unity.

Read my previous reply again. Here I will help you

but i don't agree with what you said in your last reply. FATA won't be difficult to manage and i feel geographically its not difficult to make it a province. Eventually it should be the decision of FATA natives if they want to merge into KPK or want their own province.

but i don't agree with what you said in your last reply..

You are free to disagree with anything you want.

FATA won't be difficult to manage and i feel geographically its not difficult to make it a province..

Tell us how would manage a single belt of a province in which each constituent part or Agency is more connected to it's adjacent settled K.Pakhtoonkhwa area than the other agencies and which city would be it's capital?

Eventually it should be the decision of FATA natives if they want to merge into KPK or want their own province.

Ofcourse at the end it should be the decision of FATA people.

But before all this let's start by scrapping the draconian FCR, which is the real problem for the people of FATA.

You are free to disagree with anything you want.
Tell us how would manage a single belt of a province in which each constituent part or Agency is more connected to it's adjacent settled K.Pakhtoonkhwa area than the other agencies and which city would be it's capital?

Agency/FR with most population could be the capital.
Look by merging it in KPK wouldn't get it complete concentration which FATA deserves.

Currently PA is building its infrastructure and by giving it to army could be a great decision but no one here is ready to do so.

Agency/FR with most population could be the capital.
Look by merging it in KPK wouldn't get it complete concentration which FATA deserves.

Currently PA is building its infrastructure and by giving it to army could be a great decision but no one here is ready to do so.

Name the city. Let's see what you are talking about.

I think you have never even looked at the map of FATA, never mind being there. Otherwise you wouldn't come up with such suggestions.

Anyways help yourself get a map and do some research, before you hit the reply button again.

Name the city. Let's see what you are talking about.

I think you have never even looked at the map of FATA, never mind being there. Otherwise you wouldn't come up with such suggestions.

Anyways help yourself get a map and do some research, before you hit the reply button again.

:D :D :D

Since the discussion you claimed that FATA can't become an independent province while every other day suggestions are coming up to make FATA a province. As far as map is concerned you need to check the map to support your comments about FATA geographically can't becoming a province of Pakistan.

FATA possess about 5 million people which no administrative control is just like a part of Paksitan which is isolated. After Zarb-e-Azab its the army taking control and building infrastructure in FATA which cannot last long. It should be declared a province because people in FATA want it and i feel these agencies aren't required. After declaring a province it should be geographically converted into districts which hasn't happened yet. You better read the dynamics of FATA somewhere.

:D :D :D

Since the discussion you claimed that FATA can't become an independent province while every other day suggestions are coming up to make FATA a province. As far as map is concerned you need to check the map to support your comments about FATA geographically can't becoming a province of Pakistan.

FATA possess about 5 million people which no administrative control is just like a part of Paksitan which is isolated. After Zarb-e-Azab its the army taking control and building infrastructure in FATA which cannot last long. It should be declared a province because people in FATA want it and i feel these agencies aren't required. After declaring a province it should be geographically converted into districts which hasn't happened yet. You better read the dynamics of FATA somewhere.

Going on tangents again.

Answer the question. Which city do you want to be capital of this province? Lets see your proposal.

and how do you know that the people of FATA want to make a separate province and not be part of K.Pakhtoonkhwa. Was there a plebiscite?
What proof do you have to back up claim?

Going on tangents again.

Answer the question. Which city do you want to be capital of this province? Lets see your proposal.

and how do you know that the people of FATA want to make a separate province and not be part of K.Pakhtoonkhwa. Was there a plebiscite?
What proof do you have to back up claim?

Proof? Govt made a special committee to look up FATA to make it a separate province and the reason was declared that FATA want it. it is happening from years and still you need a proof? Every other day members from FATA demand separate province. I mean seriously its not something one gonna appreciate

One more suggestion could be to merge KPK into FATA for next 5 years and after 5 years there could be plebiscite so that people of FATA decides whether to remain in KPK or another province

simple , leave it to the people, do a referendum
remeber AJK should be given a choice too

I agree, its about time we held a referendum in GB. The AJK government could not complain then given that this is the choice of the people of GB.

GB is the part of Kashmir and it would not be an easy task to convert GB as Pakistan's 5th province because Kashmiries will never allow division of Kashmir. Also it will give India a chance to do the same with Jammu etc. The only solution to this issue is a referendum in whole Kashmir with all three options. . :)

GB is the part of Kashmir and it would not be an easy task to convert GB as Pakistan's 5th province because Kashmiries will never allow division of Kashmir. Also it will give India a chance to do the same with Jammu etc. The only solution to this issue is a referendum in whole Kashmir with all three options. . :)
But its also unfair to keep GB in a constituitional limbo and deny them true self rule

im glad the thread was deleted.. some short sighted people dont understand the whole picture and how this story was damaging our Kashmir cause..
GB people should realise its a blessing in disguise their reps dont sit in company with the elitist corrupt in the assembly who will make corruption reach GB..They get their funds without any fuss. they have the passport the id card ..they don't get outsiders overwhelming GB.. what else they need..Regardless this is just a debated topic at this point and no such decision has been taken , funny how the indian media report was played to make kashmiris feel isolated..The only solution for now is a provincial status for GB as part of Pakistan till the Kashmir issue is resolved..

Back
Top Bottom