What's new

Giant 3D Printer

Beyond prototyping and 3-D concept demonstrations, I think 3-D printing has an excellent outlook for individualized prosthetic devices in medical applications. In that application each person is one of a kind and the value of the part, say a heart valve component, is very high.

The Turks seemed to release that as well. As well as the American Medical Universities.
http://www.kodakleiria.com/kdk/pdf/cbct 3d printers.pdf

Doubt that.

Most likely used for quick replacement of parts which would otherwise take a long time to arrive from a factory or maybe the production has been stopped. That and components that are required in small volumes which would otherwise require a large, expensively tooled setup to manufacture. Unlikely to be mission critical.

3ders.org - China shows off world largest 3D printed titanium fighter component | 3D Printer & 3D Printing News
No, 3D printing offers many advantage over forging components. The product from 3D printing is more precise, lighter and has lower manufacturing cost.

Counter intuitive? How so? It's very, very intuitive.

To replace a factory, i.e mass produced items, one would need to install large numbers of industrial scale 3D printers. That would in itself require a huge amount of capex, which in turn would make the whole venture economically nonviable.

3D printers also have a problem with dimensional precision. Which makes quality control for large numbers of products an unenviable task. Then we have problems with finish and the actual material qualities of the product. Both of which are just terrible.

The bottom line is: Additive manufacturing (3d printers) is useful for rapid prototyping (i.e let's present a 3d version of our product design to the customer), or when you need to produce small quantities of a product.

We need to remember that in manufacturing, minimisation of production cost is the mantra, 3D printers does not answer that call.

3D打印技术_互动百科

Currently, Chinese commercial 3D printers are capable of 0.02mm precision, so it is not an issue. While it is true that 3D printers are currently costly, but technological improvement are rapidly bringing the cost down. Not to mention this is China. If the needs arise, the Chinese government will cover the cost for you.

It's not just 3D printing. China is currently the world's largest producer, importer, and consumer of machine tools. In other words, China dominates the entire global machine tools industry.

Full report here:

http://www.gardnerweb.com/cdn/cms/uploadedFiles/2013wmtocs_SURVEY.pdf

But of course, you guys don't want to read the whole report, so I'll post the tables for you.

pjNu2vC.jpg

H3aGhKY.jpg

8EKa7vg.jpg

China also has the world's largest forging press -- 80,000 metric tons capacity.

Forging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China-80000-Ton-V4.jpg

tJQbPYn.jpg

hvG0CfM.jpg

W5HCHhp.jpg

3D printing scares me due to what it can achieve

a) Organ replication (Heart , Kidney, Lungs)
b) Body parts replications
c) Human body copies , including blood capillaries
d) Space Manufacturing plants to build space crafts in space with parts from 3D printer

3D printing , or even the "Vision" is so ... Alien in nature it just scares me to think how we have evolved from using tools from APE age to this "Technology" that many BSc folks can't even reconstruct in case of apocalypse , to replicate it , we might lose trade of actually building things with Human Hands

Just imagine you are 20 year old , you make a 3D scan of your body its saved into Super computers , and then years later as you age you come to time when you are 40 years old , that you would prefer your consciousness to be moved into a "fresh" new body

You would go into a facility hook yourself to a Super Computer , which would download your thoughts to temporary location and transfer your consciousness to wake up in new body when your thoughts are downloaded into new 20 year old body. The old body would be discarded

Last edited:
3D printing , or even the "Vision" is so ... Alien in nature it just scares me to think how we have evolved from using tools from APE age to this "Technology" that many BSc folks can't even reconstruct in case of apocalypse , to replicate it , we might lose trade of actually building things with Human Hands

Just imagine you are 20 year old , you make a 3D scan of your body its saved into Super computers , and then years later as you age you come to time when you are 40 years old , that you would prefer your consciousness to be moved into a "fresh" new body

You would go into a facility hook yourself to a Super Computer , which would download your thoughts to temporary location and transfer your consciousness to wake up in new body when your thoughts are downloaded into new 20 year old body. The old body would be discarded

funny_bert_earnie_smoke.jpg

3D printing scares me due to what it can achieve

a) Organ replication (Heart , Kidney, Lungs)
b) Body parts replications
c) Human body copies , including blood capillaries
d) Space Manufacturing plants to build space crafts in space with parts from 3D printer

Check out the movie "Moon" from your neighbor video shop!!!

3D printing is already used by the PLA to manufacture key components of fighter jets.
They have tested 3D components on the F-35s too and they're working fine. Really amazing!

Soon they'd be printing human clones too! But that would be entering dangerous territory.

They have tested 3D components on the F-35s too and they're working fine. Really amazing!

Soon they'd be printing human clones too! But that would be entering dangerous territory.

Erm... You can't 'print' full biological matters with an homeostasis based confines (environment). You can print organs, but not full organisms. Cell tissues need to replicate and grow. However, I do see advances in biology when it comes to regeneration and cloning. Cloning is merely using an organism genetic materials and incubating it. We been cloning plants for thousands of years.

Erm... You can't 'print' full biological matters with an homeostasis based confines (environment). You can print organs, but not full organisms. Cell tissues need to replicate and grow. However, I do see advances in biology when it comes to regeneration and cloning. Cloning is merely using an organism genetic materials and incubating it. We been cloning plants for thousands of years.
Probably they'd be able to do it in the future. But if humans could ever be cloned, they would turn out to be just zombies as the mind, spirit, and soul can never be cloned!

Our university got a big funding from Boeing to develop Aluminium 3D printer. Metal 3D printing is going to revolutionize manufacturing industry.

Technicians are performing check-ups on a giant 3D printer in the laser additive manufacturing workshop of Beihang:

20140109rb01bRB1Cb002.jpg

飞机钛合金起落架可3D打印

An aircraft's key components such titanium alloy landing-gear and large main force-bearing frame can be printed as one piece。

Using the technology,the 3D-printing team at Beihang has recently been able to fabricate a multitude of complex titanium alloy structures,including those used in nuclear power plants and onboard satellites and rockets。

Next application:submarine。:lol:

If Pakistan develops the same Machine. Then we can develop a Pakistan Precision Complex that will be able to make parts of anything engines, machines and else what!!!!:pakistan:

I know precision engineering complex of PIA, but will it be privatized?

Back
Top Bottom