What's new

Ghairat is not Honor!

Hmmm - though I hate giving out personal details it does not matter - I work for UBS and I have a close Pakistani friend who worked for UBS, JP Morgan and was a CEO of a 200 million dollar company and back to UBS now working with me.
Dude, then why do you need an MBA now?

Hmmm - though I hate giving out personal details it does not matter - I work for UBS and I have a close Pakistani friend who worked for UBS, JP Morgan and was a CEO of a 200 million dollar company and back to UBS now working with me.

Nah can't be him or his brother ! The former started as an Electrical Engineer working for Lucent, then did his MBA (Princeton) and ended up with UBS (was at Dubai for a time too !) before he left to start his own Hedge Fund last year. Whereas the latter too started as an Electrical Engineer but did his MBA (dunno where ?) and ended up with Bear Sterns, CitiBank and later UBS M&A !

Nah can't be him or his brother ! The former started as an Electrical Engineer working for Lucent, then did his MBA (Princeton) and ended up with UBS (was at Dubai for a time too !) before he left to start his own Hedge Fund last year. Whereas the latter too started as an Electrical Engineer but did his MBA (dunno where ?) and ended up with Bear Sterns, CitiBank and later UBS M&A !
Us engineers do make awesome financial consultants! :D

Us engineers do make awesome financial consultants! :D

They personally think that they wasted their 4 years at Engineering School and they would have been better off if their parents hadn't forced them to follow the Dad's career path namely Engineering !

I know he is not the same. But UBS made me chuckle but if I talk my friend he will know who he is. Indians should be indepted to this friend of mine as he contributed through his wife about 10 dialysis machines as another Indian friend requested him to contribute for a charity trust he was running.

Because I foolishly took up masters in computers instead of MBA and now if I want to move into senior position I need a MBA preferably from reputed Ivy league universities.
Yara never to late to study. Go and get it done, just do a good cost benefit analysis before you start!

I don't know much about the US, in the EU if your target pay scale is EUR350,000+ then yes, it's worth the time and money that will go into it. No matter how you look at it, you'll end up spending 14 - 18 months of your time and EUR125,000+ in fees and board.

I know he is not the same. But UBS made me chuckle but if I talk my friend he will know who he is. Indians should be indepted to this friend of mine as he contributed through his wife about 10 dialysis machines as another Indian friend requested him to contribute for a charity trust he was running.

A pleasure to hear about him !

They personally think that they wasted their 4 years at Engineering School and they would have been better off if their parents hadn't forced them to follow the Dad's career path namely Engineering !
Engineering is good career path as compared to financial thugs of wall-street.

Yara never to late to study. Go and get it done, just do a good cost benefit analysis before you start!

I don't know much about the US, in the EU if your target pay scale is EUR350,000+ then yes, it's worth the time and money that will go into it. No matter how you look at it, you'll end up spending 14 - 18 months of your time and EUR125,000+ in fees and board.

Whats your Alma mater ?

Engineering is good career path as compared to financial thugs of wall-street.

I was fond of Civil Engineering back when I was doing my O'levels ! Loved classical Physics.

They are sadly mistaken. I took the same path. Engineering taught me how to create, and finance taught me how to finance that creation. Finance on it's own is a dead end!

They are sadly mistaken. I took the same path. Engineering taught me how to create, and finance taught me how to finance that creation. Finance on it's own is a dead end!

'Two paths through the woods and 'I' took the less traveled by....' - Remember that ! And good for you but no two 'ends' are the same or the 'journey to get there' !

'Two paths through the woods and 'I' took the less traveled by....' - Remember that ! And good for you but no two 'ends' are the same or the 'journey to get there' !
True!

Yara, go and sleep, you need to work tomorrow. I will also hit the bed, have to do loads of stuff tomorrow!

Good night to all of you! :)

Back
Top Bottom