What's new

Geography’s Curse: India’s Vulnerable ‘Chicken’s Neck’

I think i agree with you...Once for all...Neither BD is going to invade checken neck nor India is going to attack it..The reason is pretty simple...There is not any substantial benefit that will happen in case BD occupy even the entire NE also.....
And again every one is forgetting that Indian Army and force presence in NE is sufficient enough to tackle BD and its hot pursuit if any independently without any backing of Mainland Indian forces...And on top of that Nepal and Bhutan are nations who always support India and its sovernity in case needed and will provide enough launching ground to counter the BD forces.

The world is moving towards localisation....Here ecomics demand that NE should do more bussiness with BD not because Indian mainland does not have access to it rather it is the fact on the ground...This is the same fact that demands that Punjab and Gujurat will be getting more benefit if the trade relation is good with Punjab from Pakistan....

Hence this talk of a nation occupying another nation is an outdated idea...Ultimately it matters is that how much of your citizen are economically stable rather than how big is your nation is...

Bangladesh invading north east India? What for? Perhaps your countrymen reacted too much to some guy who plays too many video games? Whom have no idea about war? I mean who cares what some fanboys say?

But I have to ask, if the north east is so stable with no volatility, then why all the fuss in the first place? Why are we not seeing significant development, investment and industrialization of that region?

I don't know about how you people see "stability". There have been quite a few bomb blasts this year. Like this one:
Powerful bomb blast in India's northeast kills 9 | Fox News

A bomb like that going off in Bangladesh would alone create a massive $hit-storm. Even given that Bangladesh is a politically volatile nation. And of-course, far from wealthy.

Last edited:
Sometimes i wonder why this BD section is alwahs with post and thraead which is far away from reality...

Hey, you don't like it. Don't participate. Or at least, not reply to low quality posts.

No one is forcing you.
No..no...i am not saying as low quality posts...I respect your post and other members post too...But the point is its far away from reality ....it always sounds odd to me to hear when there is a talk of India and BD fight a war ....At least from Indian perspective....it is not a sentiment at all....This is not because we direspect your strength...but......BD is always seen as a good neighour in media....Apart from typical issues that every neighouring nation is always consist of India never ever has any big compain from BD....Apart from Awami League...even we have had a good relation with Mrs Zia's gov too....That was my context in putting up the comment about why the threads are always very much away from reality

Dear, there is a huge deference between a peace keeping contingent and an army defending it's own homeland.... rest is logical and I'm sure you know what I mean... 

Even if army numbers are in the ratio of 1/6th, the military prowess of India is far more more superior than that number... Next If china and India went to war, i.e. two nuclear power went for each other, I doubt bangladesh would want to attract any attention there. If in such hypothetical war against china, I would expect Bangladesh if not helping India, at best remaining neutral... I don't think bangladeshis have scavenger like mentality to stab India when it's bleding in a war... even pakistan did not do that....

BD remaining just neutral is a death warrant to IA troops, because a neutral BD will not allow any trespassing of its territory, water and sky by Indian troops or machines.

No..no...i am not saying as low quality posts...I respect your post and other members post too...But the point is its far away from reality ....it always sounds odd to me to hear when there is a talk of India and BD fight a war ....At least from Indian perspective....it is not a sentiment at all....This is not because we direspect your strength...but......BD is always seen as a good neighour in media....Apart from typical issues that every neighouring nation is always consist of India never ever has any big compain from BD....Apart from Awami League...even we have had a good relation with Mrs Zia's gov too....That was my context in putting up the comment about why the threads are always very much away from reality

Are you sure? Hehehe....

I appreciate your honestly nonetheless.

Bangladesh isn't any position to go to war with India or even Myanmar for that matter. Bangladeshis are not a militaristic people at all.

Bangladesh-India relations were in fact at the lowest point in history during the previous BNP tenure. Yes, even informed Indian professionals here would agree.

Common sense would dictate that India would need Bangladesh's cooperation to at least contain the various insurgencies in the north east India. Especially given the geography. And that is where the Awami League comes to play.

Are the problems in the north east over? Even with Bangladesh's cooperation? Far from it. Bombs going randomly off? I wonder exactly how many since 2008 relative to before. Not a great climate to do business in.

BD remaining just neutral is a death warrant to IA troops, because a neutral BD will not allow any trespassing of its territory, water and sky by Indian troops or machines.
It is almost sad when members like you tout bangladesh posturing aggressively against India... if push comes to shove you do realise it will be matter of hours to neutralize bangladeshi defenses both in air and water.... apart from few isolated border events, I neither foresee any hostilities between the two countries and nor any subterfuge from any bangladeshi government ever....

oh cmon.. don't over estimate your capabilities. Do you have any idea what kind of forces will be invading your territory, if ever they will, those forces are primed to fight with an enemy like China not the ones like BD. And the situation must be really dire for IA army that they will need to invade BD and if the situation is so dire then would you really believe that BD will stand a chance against such a force. Even the terrain is not like Chinese side where we cant roll in our mechanized regiments.

You cant remain neutral,you will have to assist/allow if the need be or you will be forced to do it. Though it wont be pleasant for us either.

Yes. But IN will have to guard also 200 million sq. km. of sea area. But, an almighty India will have only 200 ships. That is very bad!!

what makes you think these mighty Warships would be used to guard coastal areas???
That's mainly the job of Coast Guard and Marine unit of local police force till recently navy didn't bothered much about these petty issues although after Mumbai attacks Navy raised a small unit named SPB(Sagar Prahari Bal) to assist Coast Guard in their operations that's all our navy is mostly tasked with conducting operation far away from Indian Coastline which as of now mostly constitutes Anti Piracy operations off Somalian Coast and in Strait of Malacca, Search and Rescue operation, providing help and relief to friendly countries in case of natural disasters and evacuation of Indian citizens from conflict zone

Bangladesh invading north east India? What for? Perhaps your countrymen reacted too much to some guy who plays too many video games? Whom have no idea about war? I mean who cares what some fanboys say?

But I have to ask, if the north east is so stable with no volatility, then why all the fuss in the first place? Why are we not seeing significant development, investment and industrialization of that region?

I don't know about how you people see "stability". There have been quite a few bomb blasts this year. Like this one:
Powerful bomb blast in India's northeast kills 9 | Fox News

A bomb like that going off in Bangladesh would alone create a massive $hit-storm. Even given that Bangladesh is a politically volatile nation. And of-course, far from wealthy.

what ?? this is a public forum,we were just playing along...
Geographically NE india is almost as big as BD with little more than 1/3 rd of its population. To say that entire NE is volatile or stable is not correct . Its only the state of manipur and some smaller areas which are bit troubled, rest are okay. Decades of insurgents have hampered our growth but now GOI is pumping massive amount of money to develop infrastructure. We have new hydel power plants coming up , 4 lane highways , educational institutions and much more . It will take some time before you will see some results..
Most of the time only negative news get highlighted in our media, you never get read about all the fun things:partay: that happens here:enjoy:. For me, despite our remoteness it is still the best place to live in India:pleasantry:

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom