What's new

Geography’s Curse: India’s Vulnerable ‘Chicken’s Neck’

Is there any other alternative for Hartal? U know rallies and peaceful possessions are banned in this digital awami democrazy. U have to show force in BD politics. Its a norm established and championed by none other than BAL. I don't know whether BKZ have a strategy or not but no one should agree to Hasina's wishes of permanent hold of power. It would be like bowing down to injustice and facism. Anarchy is the norm when jungle laws prevails in a society. And lets not forget BAL's ability to stage false flag ops. No society can run the way BAL has been running BD.
And yeah obviously our state institutions have been totally destroyed. The security apparatus bureaucracy needs to be revamped after the ouster of BAL to safe guard BD's existence. The trick would be how capably BNP can handle external pressures in running a post-awami BD. But getting rid of BAL is a question of BD's existence now, everything else will simply fall into place inshallah. That's my opinion.

I honestly have little faith in the BNP's ability. You know, many people who had nothing to do with politics get burn injuries. Now that's not great PR. Most of those folks were going to work during hartal.

The AL also did hartals when they were opposition. If memory serves, they once called an 18-day hartal. They need to ban these violent and retarded demonstrations.

And a total ban on violent students politics if Bangladeshis are to feel secured. That's where much of the fear come from.

Even if the BNP do come to power, they must ensure that things don't go off unexpectedly.

With the AL in opposition, it'll be anarchy Version 2.0. That increases the probability of false-flag ops as well.

One has to think what would happen if the BNP/Jamaat do come to power. Not just a happy ending.

Can the BNP handle that? Or more specifically, can BKZ?

And India's issue is not only NE. They have a dream of culturally and economically amalgamating regional countries like BD. Complete hegemony over BD is the goal.There paranoia about chicken neck steams from chinese threat which is not going to get away any time soon given their wet dreams of regional hegemony. And Modi or no Modi- BAL will always be defended by the security apparatus of India.

The BJP don't think think much about Bangladesh. They always follow the orders of whoever is in charge. I find him interesting nonetheless. Even given his controversy.

The NE was the main issue they had with Bangladesh from the security perspective.

I honestly have little faith in the BNP's ability. You know, many people who had nothing to do with politics get burn injuries. Now that's not great PR. Most of those folks were going to work during hartal.

The AL also did hartals when they were opposition. If memory serves, they once called an 18-day hartal. They need to ban these violent and retarded demonstrations.

And a total ban on violent students politics if Bangladeshis are to feel secured. That's where much of the fear come from.

Even if the BNP do come to power, they must ensure that things don't go off unexpectedly.

With the AL in opposition, it'll be anarchy Version 2.0. That increases the probability of false-flag ops as well.

One has to think what would happen if the BNP/Jamaat do come to power. Not just a happy ending.

Can the BNP handle that? Or more specifically, can BKZ?

The BJP don't think think much about Bangladesh. They always follow the orders of whoever is in charge. I find him interesting nonetheless. Even given his controversy.

The NE was the main issue they had with Bangladesh from the security perspective.

The BJP wants good relations with BD & their illegals out if NE & India

I never said that they wanted 'bad' relations with BD. They just don't think much about it.

As far as illegals go, it's your system, and hence your issue. No biggie.

Foreign policy is not the most popular topic in election year
Except maybe Pakistan. Prices of onion are more important

There is a good chance that BKZ and BNP may fail, their incompetence is legendary, which is the root problem that got our country in this mess in the first place. Only wild card is the people of Bangladesh who are sick and tired of AL and Hasina, and it will be very difficult to get away with a rigged election. I am curious to see how things will turn out.

About Hartals, I know they are bad, but this is war, just in a different bottle, so the country will have to suffer, there is no getting around it.

Not just experts some of them act like some kind of saviors of the people of NE. :lol:

But in reality even to build some road, railway or bridges Bangladesh looks for some savior who will give them money to build them.

I agree that India needs to be contained.

And honestly, I do not know who those foreign militants are, or who they serve. Do you?

Let's ask ourselves, did the BNP and the DGFI agents had any experience and knowledge in supporting a foreign insurgency? It seems like a big no. RAW and ISI are far more effective organizations. Not to mention both are nuclear-armed.

If one couldn't handle the heat, then they'd better stay out of the kitchen. And 1/11 may not have happened. There are more effective ways to contain India.

And the army, despite spending all our hard earned tax money over the decades had been a monumental failure seeing from the Pilkhana tragedy.

The BNP currently has no other road to go other than calling hartals. They've been doing it for weeks. Another 3-day will start from Tuesday. And frankly, people are frustrated. As usual from the very beginning, Khaleda Zia has no strategy in mind. I doubt if she ever devised one. She is unwilling to take risks. If anything, they may fail in their goals.

It wouldn't be a bad thing if the Zias are gone once and for all. One down, one to go. The BNP and Jamaat can still be reconfigured nonetheless. A new body with the same soul.

It is ultimately the people who will decide what to do with the AL. And we know they aren't very popular right now. The Sheikhs are the one thing, and the only thing that stands in the way for the time being. Their local backers should also be dealt with as well.

A common defense policy and various security apparatuses need to be urgently devised after.

Who knows? If the Indians believe that all is well in the north east, they may have no need of the AL. And that's when they'd be vulnerable. Some say that if Modi comes to power, the AL would be vulnerable as well since they have no understanding with the BJP. We shall see.

To put india in check, more than anything it requires leadership and vison. Can Bangladesh pull it off, sure we can. Without going into detail I will leave it that.

As for indian imposition and proxy war against Bangladesh, it is more than Awami League there is a opportunisht and political class in Awami -leftist clan and some even in BNP were created to paddle indian interest. These people need to go from politics, media and from their position, period.

Time to takeout opportunist business ambition from BNP, reduce voice urban elitist type and increase voice of grassroot ordinary people.

Another important thing is we can not afford luxury of sequential approach where one thing comes after another. That is where vision and strategic mind come into play for taking creative and simultenious steps with precision execution plan.

Last edited:
To put india in check, more than anything it requires leadership and vison. Can Bangladesh pull it off, sure we can. Without going into detail I will leave it that.

As for indian imposition and proxy war against Bangladesh, it is more than Awami League there is a opportunisht and political class in Awami -leftist clan and some even in BNP were created to paddle indian interest. These people need to go from politics, media and from their position, period.

Time to takeout opportunist business ambition from BNP, reduce voice urban elitist type and increase voice of grassroot ordinary people.

Another important thing is we can not afford luxury of sequential approach where one thing comes after another. That is where vision and strategic mind come into play for taking creative and simultenious steps with precision execution plan.

Sounds like you actually have a plan, good luck.

Sounds like you actually have a plan, good luck.

They have learned enough since 1/11. Well, my hope is, this time around Bangladeshi leadership can see clear danger and focus on specifics to counter that.

I think India Should INVADE BD & Bhutan at the same time & make this chicken's neck as Hasina's neck......PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

I think India Should INVADE BD & Bhutan at the same time & make this chicken's neck as Hasina's neck......PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

You have put forward a good and pragmatic solution to a military trap except that India cannot attack Siligury without putting a million trained troops. So, IA generals, very unfortunately, may not accept your proposal as a practical one.

Bhutan is full of hills and BD is full of marshlands that will work as quicksands to engulf IA troops en masse. So, think of other solutions.

Back
Top Bottom