What's new

Gen Zia - Man behind Defeat of USSR in Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from being the most despicable ruler morally and spiritually..
he was quite corrupt as well..
All three armed forces and especially the PAF earned scathing remarks about corruption in his era.. including massive kickbacks from Siemens.. and the PNSC scandal.

If there is a man I would spit on the grave of.. its this man.

That is quite strident for a moderator, should your really hate him so much. I am sure you have your reasons, but ....

Bhutto should not have made him COAS, there were many other Generals who were in line for the top spot but Bhutto went with this Arain.

It was his own undoing.

I can't believe i'm reading this from a moderators post!!

He's my hero all the ahmedis hate him though cuz he was strict towards them so it's understandable

You guys have such a sectarian mind! Too often your sectarian or over-religiosity clouds whatever judgement you may be capable of making.

Now, since you are not the only one with this kind of 'argument'. There is one above who loves Zia so much that he has Zia's photo in his avatar. So I have to clarify.

First thing first: I am no Ahmadi. Nor even Shia. Nor even Sindhi. If all those automatically supposed to make me anti-Zia then scratch those off. I was born and raised as a 'regular' kind of Sunni Muslim. Just like you probably are. Except I can reason. Something you can't. At least not here.

If most Ahmadis hated Zia then they would hate ZAB even more: After all, it was ZAB who cowered before the mullahs--your ilk--to declare Ahmadis as 'Non Muslim'.
Secondly, the last I checked, majority of Pakistanis are neither Shia nor Ahmadis nor even Sindhis. And yet a supposedly a Shia ZAB is much widely admired now. A 'convict' hanged to death; ZAB is admired more than the so-called Sunni 'Amir ul Mominoon' Zia.

He's my hero all the ahmedis hate him though cuz he was strict towards them so it's understandable

Zia was just "strict" towards the Ahmedis??
He was merciless towards them; if anything at all, he helped to write their "death sentences".

Zia is the cause of Pakistan current position, he was easily the weakest puppet in the hands of the Americans who used Pakistan through him as a means to further their goals. Whoever supports Zia is just as stupid and dumb as he was.

Zia is the cause of Pakistan current position, he was easily the weakest puppet in the hands of the Americans who used Pakistan through him as a means to further their goals. Whoever supports Zia is just as stupid and dumb as he was.

Whoever supports Zia UL Haq is a true patriotic inteligent Pakistani.

He is the reason why Pakistan is not surrounded by two giant enemies.

The Soviets were never our friends they were your friends, and the Soviets were also interested in capturing parts of Pakistan after capturing Afghanistan. But we all know their plans back-fired and now the Soviet Union is dead and Pakistan is still standing. All because of General Zia Ul Haq.

Whoever supports Zia UL Haq is a true patriotic inteligent Pakistani.

He is the reason why Pakistan is not surrounded by two giant enemies.

The Soviets were never our friends they were your friends, and the Soviets were also interested in capturing parts of Pakistan after capturing Afghanistan. But we all know their plans back-fired and now the Soviet Union is dead and Pakistan is still standing becaus eof General Zia Ul Haq.

people like you and him are the reason for the downfall of Pakistan, blind patriotism gets you no where my friend. Not everyone is out to get Pakistan, stop living in that delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom