What's new

GEN.KIYANI's shopping list to CHINA!!!

batmannow

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
JY-14 Radar
The JY-14 Radar System is a medium to long range air defense radar produced and used by the Chinese. It is capable of detecting multiple targets within its range and determine their parameters, tracking them even through surface clutter and ECM jamming. It utilizes a frequency-agile mode with 31 different frequencies, has a large band of ECCM operating parameter frequencies, and uses linear FM compression.This system can simultaneously track up to 100 targets and can feed the data to missile-interceptor batteries. It can track targets flying as high as 75,000 feet (22,900 m) and 186 miles (299 km) in distance.[1]
The system is notable for having wideband frequency diversity and adaptive pulse-to-pulse agility, enabling it to track even the most morphic radar signatures. It is the most common ground radar in China, and is rapidly being exported to other countries.
Manufacturer
The system is manufactured by the East China Research Institute of Electronic Engineering(ECRIEE), No.36 Research Institute (华东电工程研究所(中国电子科技集团公司第三十八研究所) in Chinese)).
The JY-14 system has been in production since 1998, and has since exported, most notably to Iran, Vietnam, and Venezula.[2]

Notable Incidents
According to US intelligence, Iran has been purchasing the JY-14 radar system since the late 1990s, but China reportedly has accelerated the project since the start of U.S. military operations in Afghanistan.
Additionally, several JY-14 radars have been found operating in North Korea, according to US intelligence sources, along the DMZ.

Upgrades
The JY-14 can be upgraded to a more powerful power supply, giving it a wider range. This has been seen only in China so far, where multiple stations are tied together with the air defense system.

Other Specifications
Frequency diversity interval: 150 MHz
Wind resistance capacity: 25 m/s, normal operations, 25 - 35 m/s, operations with degraded performance, > 35 m/s, operations stopped without damage.
High gain, low sidelobe and vertically offset multibeam antenna
Full coherent high power transmitter, multi-element modulator assembly
High stability, frequency synthesiser
low noise, wide frequency band, large dynamic range and frequency diversity multichannel receiver
Adaptive MTI
Adaptive threshold, automatic clutter map
[6]

HQ-9 Surface-to-Air Missile System

The HQ-9 (HongQi-9) is a long-range, all-altitude, all-weather surface-to-air missile system to counter aircraft, helicopters, and cruise missiles. It also has limited capabilities against tactical ballistic missiles. Developed by China Academy of Defence Technology (CADT), the missile system may have entered service with the PLAAF Surface-to-Air Missile Corps in limited numbers since 1997. A shipborne version is being deployed onboard the PLA Navy’s Type 052C air defence missile destroyer. An anti-radiation variant known as FT-2000 has also been promoted to the export market.

The HQ-9 was developed by China Academy of Defence Technology (CADT), China’s leading surface-to-air missile designer and manufacturer located in the western suburb of Beijing. A subordinate of China Aerospace Science & Industry Corporation (CASIC), the academy is also known as China Changfeng Mechanics and Electronics Technology Academy, or 2nd Aerospace Academy. An export variant FT-2000 fitted with an anti-radiation seeker has been promoted by China National Precision Machinery Import and Export Corporation (CPMIEC) to the international market.

The HQ-9 development programme began in the early 1980s. The missile design was initially based on some limited U.S. Patriot air defence missile technology, but was later incorporated with Russian S-300 missile design and technologies. Like the Patriot, the HQ-9 uses a ‘Track-Via-Missile’ (TVM) terminal guidance system. The early prototype was launched from a Patriot-style slant-positioned box-shape container launcher, but the missile was seriously oversize due to China’s substandard solid fuel rocket technology. After China imported the S-300PMU missile from Russia in the early 1990s, the HQ-9 missile was redesigned to incorporate Russian missile rocket, aerodynamic layout, and launch system. The resulting HQ-9A is ‘cold-launched’ vertically from a S-300-style tube launcher system.

The HQ-9 was initially developed to replace the PLA’s bulk of obsolete HQ-2 (Chinese copy of the Soviet/Russian SA-2 Guideline), but the slow progress in the development forced the PLA to purchase the S-300PMU missile from Russia. By the time the HQ-9 was ready for operational deployment in the late 1990s, the missile was already behind foreign air-defence missiles such as U.S. PAC3 and Russian S-300PMU2 in terms of technology and performance. Only a small number of the HQ-9A are being deployed by the PLA for operational trial and evaluations. The naval variant of the HQ-9A is deployed onboard the Type 052C destroyer which was commissioned in 2004.

The HQ-9 is reported to have a slant range of 200km up to an altitude of 30km. The missile has a proximity fuse with an effective range of 35m, which goes active when the missile is 5km away from its target. The missile is transported and launched on Taian TAS5380 8X8 transport-erector-launcher (TEL), which has four canisters that look almost identical to those used in the S-300PMU1. Like the S-300, the FT-2000 is cold-launched.

Guidance & Fire Control

The HQ-9’s guidance is very similar to that of the Patriot missile, consisting of inertial initial guidance + radio command midcourse correction + track-via-missile (TVM) terminal guidance. Midcourse correction commands are transmitted to the guidance system from the ground engagement control station. The target acquisition system in the missile acquires the target in the terminal phase of flight and transmits the data using the TVM downlink via the ground radar to the engagement control station for final course correction calculations. The course correction commands are transmitted back to the missile via the command uplink.

The HQ-9 system reportedly uses a large HT-233 3D C-band mono-pulse planar phased array radar, which operates in the 300MHz bandwidth and has a detection range of 120km and tracking range of 90km. The radar can detect targets in azimuth (360 degrees) and elevation (0 to 65 degrees), and is capable of tracking some 100 airborne targets and simultaneously engaging more than 50 targets. The radar system is carried on a Taian TAS5380 8X8 heavy-duty cross-country vehicle.

The HQ-9 may also be compatible with the Russian tracking radar, making it suitable to be deployed in combination with the S-300.

FT-2000

In 1998 CPMIEC revealed a unique anti-radiation surface-to-air missile system FT-2000, which was designed engage airborne warning and control system (AWACS) and other electronic warfare aircraft at long ranges. Based on the HQ-9 design, the FT-2000 is fitted with a passive radar-homing seeker and is launched from a 8X8 transport-erector-launcher (TEL) vehicle carrying four missile tube launchers.

The FT-2000 is a scaled down version of the HQ-9 fitted with a passive radar seeker that homes the missile using the electronic emission of enemy AWACS and electronic warfare (EW) aircraft. When the missile detects and locks on to the radar or jammer, it can home on the target autonomously at 1,200m/s while sustaining a 14G overload. The FT-2000 can also be used in co-operation with friendly aircraft when the onboard radar warning receiver detects hostile signal. In addition, the FT-2000 missile has a built-in inertial navigation system, so that whenever it has acquired a lock-on, it will continue towards the target even if the emitter is shut down, although the missile's accuracy would seriously degrade in this case.

For the detection and localisation of hostile radar emissions and jammers the FT-2000 makes use of four ground-based Electronic Support Measures (ESM) sensor posts, each of which is mounted on wheeled vehicles and can together track 50 targets simultaneously. The ESM sensor posts are deployed at a distance 30km from each other. The missile launchers are deployed near the central ESM sensor station at a distance of 150 metres. Additionally, the missile can also be used in conjunction with surveillance and target acquisition radars.

Despite being regarded as the first of its kind in the world, the real effectiveness of the FT-2000 in operation was somehow doubtful. The missile caught great attention when it was first revealed in 1998, but did not enter production due to lack of interest from either domestic or international market.

Tu-154M/D Careless

Several Tu-154M/Ds (Type II?) have been converted into ELINT aircraft by PLAAF, even through they are disguised under the cover of a civilian China United Airline registration (shown here is B-4138). Developed from Type I EW aircraft, Type II features a canoe shaped fairing under the fuselage which has been speculated to house an experimental synthetic aperture radar (SAR) to provide high-resolution ground mapping images, a capability similar to American E-8 J-STARS which also serves as an airborne C3I center. Besides the SAR radar, the aircraft still retains some original ECM and ELINT equipment, as indicated by the semi-spherical fairings and other small antennas under the rear fuselage. It was reported that China is expanding her Tu-154M/D reconnaissance/ELINT aircraft fleet with Russian assistance. So far there are only 4 of these modified Tu-154M/Ds which entered the service with PLAAF in the early 90s.

Here are some of sweets from chinese bakry, plz feel free to discuss , what should our COAS can shop from china. plz keep in mind , the crunnt situation on our north-westrn frontier boders.:tup:

Last edited:
Long range SAMs, BVR AAMs, Cruise missiles, Anti-Ship missiles and a sped up delivery of the JF-17s.

In a nutshell, stuff that could make even the toughest cookie, bleed.

I guss, pakistan needs, more of the radars, and ground defences to at least match the allies militry hard ware in some way, & before crossing in to pakistan, allies would be thinking of the risk they might taking on? its very much needed in the sense of growing USAF attacks on pakistani soil & it would be very good that pakistan get it fastly!
As all of us know about the systmetic & step by step, CIA'war strategy against IRAQ.
CIA, would be cooking simmilar stuff for pakistan, i am 1000% sure about it,& if some one thinks that, recnt backoff by USA, of its stand to attack and destroy the strategic installations inside pakistan on the name of WAR OF TERROR, then he will be living in fools paradise.

For now, CIA lost its ambition to hit inside pakistan, because the global situation, RUSSIA came back with more power, USA'S political leadership hasnt been decided,USA's economic crunch, you can name whatever, but let me assure you that , CIA would be looking in the recent failliure & thier reasons, and later they will be back with more tools and hardware, guss its a good time for pakistan to regroup itself and prepare for worse!
I guss, recent situation is good time to have long time bond with CHINA , & to be a part of emerging economic, defencive world block?[/

The radars that we got from the US were AESA ones but i think the purpose to go for JY-14 will be to keep the radars out from Jamming since in case of the US built, they would know each and everything about them so jamming would not be a problem.
SAM system is the need of the day. We are left behind in this crutial update for the armed forces, but having said so, imo HQ-9 does not fit the equation right since it lacks in quality and development as compared to any of its western or Russian counterparts.But however it can provide Pakistan the bases to start with their own surface to air system or perhaps upgrade the HQ-9 themselves to higher standards.

A Tu-154M based ELINT platform...I certainly hope not! Its a very old and high maintenance airframe, almost ancient.

I hope we can look into co development of a Y-8 based new version instead. :coffee:

I do not think this is a shopping list as such. If I am not mistaken, Batmannow has only listed a few of the things that he thinks may potentially be of interest to Pakistan, correct?

Blain,

Do you think we can produce a capable ELINT aircraft based on Chinese Y-8?
Most of avionics used in ELINT can be bought off shelves without restrictions.

jana,millitary purchase of equipments is not like a childs purchase of toys,that u go for all of them ,
and if i am not wrong, you are not $$$ 'Richie Rich' $$$:rofl:

Ah ha Welcome back ;)

I know these are not toys thats why i had said "if Possible"

The problem with Pakistan right now is that it does not have much time, the Great Satan is closing in from all sides. What Pakistan is doing now, it should have done that at least two years back. There's a proverb "A drop in time saves nine", I suppose the Pakistani leadership never imagined that things would come to this, they thought that the Great Satan could never afford to betray Pakistan again and that is the failure of the Pakistani leadership.

Apart from this stuff Gen Kiyani should look in this!!!!!

1)KS-1A With H-200(alternative guidance station)
2)PLZ05 155mm Self-Propelled Howitzer With 152/155mm laser-guided ammunitions

Pakistan should immediately start making the JF-17s operational(with BVR capabilities). Without proper air-cover Pakistan won't be able to defend its assets from its "ally". Further development or modification of the JF-17s can be done with the latter batches, but for the time being PAF should have at least 50 of them operational if possible within the next 12 months. I know it is almost impossible for PAC to manufacture that many in 12 months but PAF may purchase some from China to make it possible, for the situation calls for it right now.

I do not think this is a shopping list as such. If I am not mistaken, Batmannow has only listed a few of the things that he thinks may potentially be of interest to Pakistan, correct?

Dear hounrable blain2, sir,

I am very glad to see, you and HOUNRABLE neo, posting posts in this thread & i am very thank fulll for you guys . yes my, dear sir! its is just a imiginative, way of thinking from my part and a lossy effort to at least open a way, which can lead a way towards the fullfilment of , reallistic & urgent ,militry needs of pakistan in the recnt situation.

It could be a theory, which was being used allaround the world by all the five superpowers,it is being seen, that if a country have a strong unbreakable defence, it can enjoy, all the other benefits, such as good economy, cultural harmony, social justice, and joyfull life for its citizens.

therefore, pakistan should stop looking at india, as a major militry threat. but PAKISTAN should make itself , so much strong , that all the major powers including uncle SAM, plus india, stop looking pakistan as a target.

Apart from this stuff Gen Kiyani should look in this!!!!!

1)KS-1A With H-200(alternative guidance station)
2)PLZ05 155mm Self-Propelled Howitzer With 152/155mm laser-guided ammunitions

Dear, airbus, sir
I would like to thank you, for your kind information. plz , explore more on that issue, so that all the commrads, can get it more.:agree::tup:

A Tu-154M based ELINT platform...I certainly hope not! Its a very old and high maintenance airframe, almost ancient.

I hope we can look into co development of a Y-8 based new version instead. :coffee:
Dear,Neo, sir
Thanks for the priceless input, but Y-8 have different versions, which one you are prposing, plz expolre more. what about A-50E /AEW&C ?
thanks! allways looking for your help!:smitten:

Y-8J the capability is limited by it is better than nothing and still pretty useful
It has a detection range of 85km (look-down mode) or 110km (look-up mode) against a 5 m2 aerial target, and 230km against a sea surface target. A total of 100 aerial targets and 32 sea surface targets can be tracked simultaneously. Y-8J also has a limited C&C capability. The system can direct up to 6 aircraft to intercept enemy aircraft. The first prototype flew in 1998.
Though it does not have a AWACS capability, it is a AEW. So far 2 have been identified. Though China bought 6-8 skymaster raders.

A-50E /AEW&C

The A-50E airborne early warning and contol aircraft is intended to perofrm the following missions: detection, tracking and IFF determination of the air and surface targets, surveilance, command, control and communication functions for both commands posts of automatic control systems, guidance of fighters to air targets and attack aviation to serface targates.

Aircraft Performance

Maximum take-off weight, kg 190,000
Flight endurance during mission at 1000 km range:
- without refueling, h 4*
- with refueling, h 7*
Detection range for air targets: :

bombers, km 650
low-flying fighters up to radio horizon
cruise missiles (S1m2), km 215
detection of non ballistic missiles jets by optical means, km 800*
- water surface targets (S=250m2) up to radio horizon - ground surface targets:
single target (e.g. tactical missile launcher), km 300*