What's new

GDP per capita, HDI, military spending etc. in the GCC (statistics and maps)

No offence to the iranian Brother.

Infact even i say Pakistan failed to become sucessful economically like India

But i was comparing Iran and GCC.the economic difference is extremely huge and will take iran atleast 15-20years to reach the level where now GCC is

GCC 42million population and 2.1trillion dollars GDP
Iran 70million population and 500billion dollars GDP(Other sources indicate 438billion dollars because of negative growth rate)

Though i believe Iran has the capability to even leave turkey behind and be only the 2nd to Indonesia

bro , read this : Gross domestic product - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GDP directly gets affected by population :

GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exportsimports), or
224726b826ae9876d8a0785feef8e68c.png

so as u can see , if for example iran had a population like saudi , our GDP would be among the highest of the world .

GDP = private consumption + gross investment + government spending + (exportsimports), or

so as u can see , if for example iran had a population like saudi , our GDP would be among the highest of the world .

You are so dumb that you make me laugh. You can hardly write English and now you are suddenly an expert in economics? I have no doubt that you are clueless when it comes to simple math. You are talking with a chemical engineer. Go back to your first grade.

Deluded Kazakh nomad.

:lol:

Simple, you are no match to the GCC when it comes to economy. So go back to your Mullahistan section and cry there. Nothing will change that FACT.

UAE alone has nearly as big a economy and rely less on gas and oil than you!

Laughable.

You are so dumb that you make me laugh. You can hardly write English and now you are suddenly an expert in economics? I have no doubt that you are clueless when it comes to simple math. You are talking with a chemical engineer. Go back to your first grade.

Deluded Kazakh nomad.

:lol:

Simple, you are no match to the GCC when it comes to economy. So go back to your Mullahistan section and cry there. Nothing will change that FACT.

UAE alone has nearly as big a economy and rely less on gas and oil than you!

Laughable.

3utmmc.jpg

Leave theses shit saudi wahabis away.they are just tribale lizard eater snake eaters

LOL. Saudi Arabian cuisine is excellent and so is Arab cuisine. Much better than yours and much more diverse. Besides nobody eats snakes. Uromastyx are only eaten by a minority in Najd and they are also present in your Mullahistan. Rather eat that than donkey's or cooked sheep heads as you eat. Anyway that is nothing compared to what over half of the world eats. Insects are a stable dish in Latin America, Africa, Asia etc. Chinese cuisine alone has 100's of exotic dishes. The worst you can mention is a grilled uromastyx, LOL. So much for that.

In France snails and frogs are considered a delicacy. But what do you know, mongrel? The mut'ah, drugs, sanctions, Mullah "blessings" and air pollution has all taken a great tool it seems.

I saw that the Kazakh nomad was unable to reply. What a surprise.

Change your username. We don't want you to have Arabic usernames. One could falsely assume that you were an Iranian Arab.

Now let us clean this thread up after those baboon tried to destroy yet another thread with their trolling, lies and provocations due to their world famous inferiority complexes.

Last edited:
Do Saudi Arabians feel the need to spend 65 billion dollars a year on the military?

This seems to me to be excessive and around 30 billion dollars would provide the necessary deterrent for Saudi Arabia.

Do Saudi Arabians feel the need to spend 65 billion dollars a year on the military?

This seems to me to be excessive and around 30 billion dollars would provide the necessary deterrent for Saudi Arabia.

We live in arguably one of the most volatile regions in the world and we have the funds. So why not? The recent military deals also move towards indigenous productions step by step. It is a gradual process though and not something that one does overnight.

Actually the military expenditure was 57 billion dollars as of last year.

If the neighborhood was not in turmoil the expenditure would be much lesser as in the past.

We live in arguably one of the most volatile regions in the world and we have the funds. So why not? The recent military deals also move towards indigenous productions step by step. It is a gradual process though and not something that one does overnight.

Saudi has the right to spend what it wishes off-course.

Is part of the cost then technology transfer to allow Saudi to build up it's own defence industries over time?

I know about GDP aswell as the per capita income

Big population might result in lower per capita income but they do allow you a better growth rate in long term.

Such as smaller population countries like Japan,Germany,france and UK had already reached a aturation state and if they had population of like 200-300millions they would still be growing at atleast 5% growth rate but look they reached a saturation state so earlier

Japan was close to 5trillion dollars in the 90's and they still are 5trillion.Because they had reached a saturation state and the present 100million population doesnt provide a room for more wealth/Bigger GDP.

KSA with 30million population,Complete desert with no other resources other than oil(not even suitable for agriculture) has a GDP higher than iran by 200billion dollars and growing with 5-6% annually to reach 1trillion by 2020

Iran with 70million population,a better industrial base,having alot of more resources other than oil and gas is still struck at 400-450billion dollars GDP

Brother development can only happen if we accept the reality.I accept that Pakistan had a higher per capita than India for 60 years and in 80's it was twice of them but today we are far behind.Because of our own mistake.

Iran need to pump up its Economy and allow it to grow at atleast 5% average till 2020.otherwise it will remain way too behind KSA and the situation will be like now today between Pakistan and india

To me both Iranian and Saudi arabian friends are similar and respect them alot

The defence budget is to be divided on three ministries as well as the Saudi Intelligence Agency - known as the GiP -

This budget doesn't solely include equipment, salaries but funding other entities related to these aforementioned establishments.

If the neighborhood was not in turmoil the expenditure would be much lesser as in the past.

We don't consume the entire budget per year by the way. The reminder will go back to the Cabinet for next year, just so you know.

Sometimes we spend way less than we make, but due to our commitment to other nations, the figure may go down a little bit every now and then.

Actually, our population is close to 22 million. The GPD per capita you are seeing is the income of Saudis per person, which is stunning.

I know about GDP aswell as the per capita income

KSA with 30million population,Complete desert with no other resources other than oil(not even suitable for agriculture) has a GDP higher than iran by 200billion dollars and growing with 5-6% annually to reach 1trillion by 2020

Iran with 70million population,a better industrial base,having alot of more resources other than oil and gas is still struck at 400-450billion dollars GDP

Iran is having financial problems due to the decline of its currency, hit by %60 down, sanctions, and almost a political isolation. Iran can do better in future if they manage to win the hearts and minds of all people in the region and the west - to some extents -

Saudi has the right to spend what it wishes off-course.

Is part of the cost then technology transfer to allow Saudi to build up it's own defence industries over time?

Yes it is.

@Bubblegum Crisis can elaborate on that in terms of links on this forum. I don't have them by hand right now.

@farhan_9909

With all due respect then KSA has a lot of agricultural areas (some the size of countries) and is one of the most rich countries in terms of resources in the region other than just oil and gas. Roughly half of the country is mountainous or hilly. Anyway in fact Iran has bigger gas reserves than KSA. It seems that you are clueless about KSA, no offense.

In fact KSA could be more or less self-sufficient in terms of agriculture if the resources were better used and there would be a much better focus on the agricultural sector and bigger investments there.

I posted several articles on this matter recently on this forum.

The only main problem, which is a problem for all countries in the ME, are the water resources. But that will be solved by sea water that will be transformed into drinking water at a much bigger scale than what we see today. That would give full security on the long run. People are also very good at wasting water and unlike in the West and Europe the focus on green energy is very low although that is slowly changing.

KSA has one of the longest coastlines in the world so plenty of opportunities there. There are over 300 dams in the mountainous regions of KSA (Hijaz, Najran, Asir, Al-Baha, Jazan) as well.

New water strategy planned | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

KSA has the biggest potential for solar and wind energy in the region by far. The population is rapidly growing as well. The industrial base is getting bigger and bigger for each month as well.

KSA has also the fourth biggest number of foreign students in the USA (nearly 50.000) IN THE WORLD after China, India and South Korea. Those people when they return will obviously all be highly educated and contribute very positively to the society.

If not for some, in my eyes stupid laws, the country's economic growth would be much, much bigger. Those certain laws are a great hindrance for economic growth. For a long time Saudi Arabian women have only contributed very little to the overall growth. That is changing at a rapid rate while we speak. At the same time you have had plenty of deportation of illegals in recent months. Also helps positively since the jobs they have occupied are now being occupied by actual citizens.

They (the certain laws I am talking about) are a great hindrance for economic growth overall but that is not something we can blame others for other than ourselves.

Some of the right decisions that have taking place in the last 10 years could and maybe also SHOULD have taken place way before since KSA has practically been a stable country since its birth 81 years ago.

But it is better to correct the mistakes now than never!

Last edited:
Elis, I beg you this time to spare this thread from your troll. You are my favourite member, if pdf conduct a poll to chose the most favourite member, my vote will go to you only and only you.

Back to topic, it is interesting to see that uae owns other gcc member in economic diversity. Other gcc countries still heavily depending on oil and gas sectors. Hope the other gcc countries can follow. When i was in sharjah, i frequently seen banners saying "less oil, more courage"

[/quote]
You give my trolls too much importance

You give my trolls too much importance[/quote]
You are too important to be ignored thus ignoring you is a great mistake

Back
Top Bottom