What's new

Countrys per capita income rises to $1180 (nominal)

Congrats BD, how much is GDP now in nominal?

Bangladesh GDP Jumped by almost 50Billion dollars after changing the base year of GDP.or jumped by almost 25-30%.

I hope Pakistan GDP will also jump by atleast 20% when we will change our Base year in 2016.But considering that our Informal GDP is 45% of total GDP.I am expecting a Jump of atleast 30%.

Bangladesh GDP Jumped by almost 50Billion dollars after changing the base year of GDP.or jumped by almost 25-30%.

I hope Pakistan GDP will also jump by atleast 20% when we will change our Base year in 2016.But considering that our Informal GDP is 45% of total GDP.I am expecting a Jump of atleast 30%.

I hope FBR can keep the pace with gdp growth, so far tax reforms have failed. This year ratio was 8.5%.

Actually the jump was 15% and the change brought BD into line with Pakistan and India that already used 2005 base year to calculate their GDP.

Rebasing your GDP is a normal process that happens from time to time and I expect all countries in the Subcontinent to do so again sometime this decade.

Congrats BD, how much is GDP now in nominal?

About 180 billion dollars now.

Joy maa Hosina :mps:

BD is only experiencing strong growth as the opposition has given up trying to oust Hasina from power, at least for now.

I have been saying numerous times lately that BD GDP/capita is now around 1200 US dollars.

GDP growth will remain strong for the foreseeable future as the political stability is now greater than over the past year.

The days of BD being poorer than India and Pakistan are now well and truly over.

Forget about India's GDP data in dollars, average people live in much poorer condition than Bangladesh. Pakistani average living standard is higher than BD's. Visit those countries and you will see the reality. However, I must agree that India is much higher in technology than both BD and Pakistan. This will put muscle to the Indian economy in the future which will improve Indians' living standard.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom