What's new

Gaza-Israel Conflict | October 2023

That's fine, you have a right to your opinion whatever it may be. I'm not trying to downplay that.

Not sure exactly if you know the amount of sheer fire power that two USN battle carrier groups have.

So you'll have to let me know what country in the area has more Naval power than the USA. I mean you can hate the USA but you can't deny Naval fire power facts
The US Navy is one of the main instruments of US foreign policy on a global scale, not only to protect Israel. In fact, Israel is one of the countries that do not want the US to shift its effective presence to the pacific. Therefore, such long-term deployments have repercussions in many parts of the world. I would be happy to discuss them in a related thread and share my views.

Regarding this thread, no one is disputing the US navy's global projection power, the problem is that you are thinking only in terms of the total naval power of the US.

You are not taking into account the land depth and A2AD capabilities of the littoral countries at all.The depth of the Eastern Mediterranean from coast to coast is only 500 km. If we take Turkiye, if you ignore its ability to effectively intervene against any aggressor country, both in terms of threat warning and classification systems and in terms of effective firepower and inventory, and if you assume that this confrontation will take place in the open ocean, this will not be a reasonable prediction.The Turkish navy is superior to the Russian Black Sea fleet in the Black Sea and has an advantage in the Mediterranean if it is in a defensive position against any task force.

If the US arrives with 5-6 aircraft carriers and about 30 combatant platforms, this will upset the balance in many other parts of the world. This is because the Turkish navy is a medium-sized naval power. With more than 20 missile corvettes, around 20 main combat ships and 16 submarines, it is an effective fighting force, but more importantly it has a naval tradition that goes back centuries, meaning that its main strength is its staff, not a navy that was built yesterday. Due to its geographical advantages, geopolitical balances in the world, its manpower and military defense organization and its defensive capabilities, TR is militarily uninvadable. Such an attempt would simply result in the destruction of the economy of the aggressor country. Therefore, it is much more cost effective to destroy it from within and wear it down with terrorist organizations.

I have never in any of my posts compared the Turkish navy with the U.S. I have never in any of my posts written that this Navtex will lead to a U.S.-Turkish conflict. I have not made any statements that would show any hatred, nor have I said that we will attack and destroy the U.S. navy. I remind you again that all this comes out of your imagination and I only wrote the reason for the NAVTEX.

edit: btw NAVTEX zone is here:
navtex zone.JPG

What impact does this have on West and his terriost child, Israel?

First Iraqi’s need to reclaim their own country from foreign invaders who have established bases there..
That's an extremely biased opinion. There's A LOT of traditional Israeli women who are very beautiful.
traditional Israeli women not at all pretty, long noses and curly hair, Russian imports are totally different class.. much more pretty..

If the invasion of gaza is repelled and Israeli forces suffer higher than sustainable casualties. In my opinion I think US will have no choice but to intervene militarily and that will be the “invasion of Poland” moment for the rest of the world that matters.

U.S is really a shame to this world. No problem, they lost in Afghanistan and they will lose in Palestine as well…. inshallah

Russia is returning the favor to West

If this conflict drags on, Russia will benefit. Depends on what action, the other regional players take -- particularly Hezbollah and Iran.
Bolded part. Yes, absolutely.
The sooner this conflict is resolved, the better for Israel and its backers. Resources and attention needs to be refocused on Ukraine but that can't happen enough if a major war in the Middle East drags on.

Biden opened too many fronts; a good thing was he DID close the Afghanistan front otherwise imagine what kind of damage Russians would have done to Americans there!! But Biden, the ivory tower liberal, needled China for too long, called MBS a 'pariah', refused to engage the elected Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan, didn't make enough gestures to Iran--and now reneged on the $6 billion deal--and of course not even slapped Netanyahu's 'extremist' regime on the wrist, leading to the Hamas action.

Biden will be known as the worst American President at least as far as foreign policy!!

I mean hey.. then they should sink the two aircraft carriers, the guided missile destroyers and the attack Subs then. If not then then somebody else .surely it's so easy.
If Ukraine could sink the mighty Moskva, then it's not out of question Hezbollah with its shitloads of BMs will at least be able to land a shot on a USN ship.

The US Navy is one of the main instruments of US foreign policy on a global scale, not only to protect Israel. In fact, Israel is one of the countries that do not want the US to shift its effective presence to the pacific. Therefore, such long-term deployments have repercussions in many parts of the world. I would be happy to discuss them in a related thread and share my views.

Regarding this thread, no one is disputing the US navy's global projection power, the problem is that you are thinking only in terms of the total naval power of the US.

You are not taking into account the land depth and A2AD capabilities of the littoral countries at all.The depth of the Eastern Mediterranean from coast to coast is only 500 km. If we take Turkiye, if you ignore its ability to effectively intervene against any aggressor country, both in terms of threat warning and classification systems and in terms of effective firepower and inventory, and if you assume that this confrontation will take place in the open ocean, this will not be a reasonable prediction.The Turkish navy is superior to the Russian Black Sea fleet in the Black Sea and has an advantage in the Mediterranean if it is in a defensive position against any task force.

If the US arrives with 5-6 aircraft carriers and about 30 combatant platforms, this will upset the balance in many other parts of the world. This is because the Turkish navy is a medium-sized naval power. With more than 20 missile corvettes, around 20 main combat ships and 16 submarines, it is an effective fighting force, but more importantly it has a naval tradition that goes back centuries, meaning that its main strength is its staff, not a navy that was built yesterday. Due to its geographical advantages, geopolitical balances in the world, its manpower and military defense organization and its defensive capabilities, TR is militarily uninvadable. Such an attempt would simply result in the destruction of the economy of the aggressor country. Therefore, it is much more cost effective to destroy it from within and wear it down with terrorist organizations.

I have never in any of my posts compared the Turkish navy with the U.S. I have never in any of my posts written that this Navtex will lead to a U.S.-Turkish conflict. I have not made any statements that would show any hatred, nor have I said that we will attack and destroy the U.S. navy. I remind you again that all this comes out of your imagination and I only wrote the reason for the NAVTEX.
good explanation

Fully agree with you on this summary.

I disagree with you on this one, because the opposite was the reality- If US knew how resiliently Russia would handle this war against NATO via its proxy Ukraine, it probably wont have allowed Russian red lines that triggered this military conflict to be crossed. US underestimated Russia, and that is what is backfiring now- US lost many wars because it underestimated its adversaries.

Yes, but if we look at it deeper.... we will see the West was ready to sacrifice Ukraine from the start. They drew red lines hoping Russia would not attack, but if it did they were ready to sacrifice Ukraine. They know Ukraine is a large country, and with their support they can drag Russia into a meat grinder - which they did. No one in the West thinks Ukraine will take back Crimea, it is not about that, it is about hurting Russia by killing a lot of their senior officers (accomplished), destroying a lot of their military hardware (accomplished), decoupling Europe (I.e. Germany) from Russian gas and energy (accomplished). They used Ukraine for this.

Now, if we look at Russian actions in the past 15 years.
1) Ousting of NATO from Georgia (success)
2) Establishing two pro-Russian enclaves in Georgia (Success)
3) Saving Assad and Syria and sticking it to the West (success)
4) Annexing Crimea (Success)
5) Absorbing Belarus into a union with Russia (Success)
6) Annexing eastern Ukraine (ongoing)

Most of the moves Russia made were a success.

I don't agree with Russia on MOST things especially their policy towards the Western Balkans. But, I do agree with them on the Palestine issue and other ME topics.

This war was never about Ukraine, it is about a larger geopolitical game which the West will lose. There is no way Russia will withdraw from Ukraine, eventually they will overcome Eastern Ukraine as the Western support dwindles.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom