What's new

Future of SD-10 in PAF?

24oozyr.jpg
there is no version of A-darter in your screenshot:hitwall: what are you trying to prove, "OVER-SMART":lol::rofl:

Please don't ask me to teach you how to read.

Just in case if you decided to delete your comments.....

2iurqx1.jpg
yaar their is nothing in your screenshot to teach me how to read yaar don't fool yourself their is no version of A-Darter, Why don't you accept the truth, get out of your imagintions wishful thinking:man_in_love::shout::help:

Hi,

We still have a deal for delivery signed for the J10's at around 35-40 mil a pop.

Aesa fire control radar---should not be more than 5 million dollars at the high end---and at this crucial time----we need to grind the chinese for a deal---very very soft loans---.

As for the equipment---it should not be diversifed---two at the most three----. But majority of the weapons are from one to two sources---.

Same old bullshit from the same old mouth. Nothing new here.
A

Hi,

And you stand in line with the traitors of the Paf---who have sabotaged the defense of pakistan---and as you protect them---plz consider whom you stand with.

Hi,

We still have a deal for delivery signed for the J10's at around 35-40 mil a pop.

Aesa fire control radar---should not be more than 5 million dollars at the high end---and at this crucial time----we need to grind the chinese for a deal---very very soft loans---.

As for the equipment---it should not be diversifed---two at the most three----. But majority of the weapons are from one to two sources---.

Hi,

And you stand in line with the traitors of the Paf---who have sabotaged the defense of pakistan---and as you protect them---plz consider whom you stand with.
I stand by my opinion. Yes. But this is what you are doing. The rest as I said is opinion. Yours vs mine.
You have to date never provided any sound logic for your suppositions. The ones that I remember have been responded to so many times I am getting tired of even listing them. So carry on with your bull shit like you have done for many yrs. If you write anything of value I will thank you but dont expect a response for drivel. Good day.
A

Disagreements are okay brother. No need to loose composure.
This disagreement has a history. I have been happy to keep myself away from his opinion. But when he jumps in for an attack on a post not addressed to him and tries sly attacks I sometimes lose it. So sorry about soiling your thread. Anyways lets move on.
A

Hi,

Hi,

Kindly keep name calling aside. If you have something to contribute, you are welcome. AESA is an Air Intercept Radar, in a fighter aircraft, not a fire control radar, which implies an air defense system FCR.

Hi,

Hi,

IIRC in time of Kargil conflict i read somewhere that China was to provide 120 F-7(J-7) from its inventory if the conflict expands to international borders (they had to remain within borders of Pak).
Similarly by inducting J-10(Latest Advanced Variant either B,C or D) we can again leverage the same support from PLAAF due to commonalty of platform. It will give us more flexibility to absorb war attrition and we can be more aggressive in attacking targets inside India.

AESA is an Air Intercept Radar, in a fighter aircraft, not a fire control radar, which implies an air defense system FCR.

Hi,

I guess it is all in the wording

" KEY FEATURES The Vixen 1000E Radar has been designed from the outset to meet worldwide fire control radar detection and target tracking needs combined into one efficient modular system. The Vixen 1000E builds on common modular units for a scaleable system architecture to meet the needs of fire control and intercept radar operational requirements whilst remaining resistant to radar countermeasures ".

file:///home/chronos/u-c0b151217f034a2285b584d010dd63d355cc4ead/Downloads/MM08133_Vixen_1000E_LQ_.pdf

IIRC in time of Kargil conflict i read somewhere that China was to provide 120 F-7(J-7) from its inventory if the conflict expands to international borders (they had to remain within borders of Pak).
Similarly by inducting J-10(Latest Advanced Variant either B,C or D) we can again leverage the same support from PLAAF due to commonalty of platform. It will give us more flexibility to absorb war attrition and we can be more aggressive in attacking targets inside India.

Hi,

The difference between then and now is like between analogue and digital---. In the past---you were flying similar aircraft with similar mechanical input control---.

Now you have a newer version of a LAPTOP in every different model of a fighter aircraft and it takes time to learn to operate the machine.

So---the 90's scenario will not work.

Hi,

I guess it is all in the wording

" KEY FEATURES The Vixen 1000E Radar has been designed from the outset to meet worldwide fire control radar detection and target tracking needs combined into one efficient modular system. The Vixen 1000E builds on common modular units for a scaleable system architecture to meet the needs of fire control and intercept radar operational requirements whilst remaining resistant to radar countermeasures ".

file:///home/chronos/u-c0b151217f034a2285b584d010dd63d355cc4ead/Downloads/MM08133_Vixen_1000E_LQ_.pdf

Hi,

The difference between then and now is like between analogue and digital---. In the past---you were flying similar aircraft with similar mechanical input control---.

Now you have a newer version of a LAPTOP in every different model of a fighter aircraft and it takes time to learn to operate the machine.

So---the 90's scenario will not work.

How about train some PAF pilot using J-10A/B from PLAAF so that if situation demand you can bring some from China. It can be a open secret deal between Pakistan China that PAF will lease some during war time so that it won't interpret China join against India directly which would escalate the situation.

i did read your post, yes indeed the meteor is a joint weapon just like the typhoons. which is why you go through a government deal. can you imagine how much head ache you'd go through talking to multiple partners over the same thing? so in essence mbda is not selling weapons to pakistan they are selling them to a partner government and then onto pakistan. the saudis went through the british government for their typhoons. just using that an an example here.ok so i never mentioned going through a g2g deal to get the missile...... my bad most of your purchases are g2g deals so hence the assumption.
yes the united state does pull strings to prevent deals going through. which is why people lobby. the indians are good at it. as for the aim-120c7...... it not a question of being offered but more about asking instead. heck the c8 or 120d is already available for export. Hillary likely to the next president and wanting to keep the afganistan war going she would keep pakstan happy and im sure the 120d would be available but im not sure via fms.
as for china vs europe.....yeah ok
your the one going on about how you claim to know who will and wont sell you kit. i have no idea who you are. but a good guess would be a middle age british pakistani somewhere in london probably who moved here in the 80's.

oh and as for my credentials, i worked for bae systems for about 3 years and have close friends there.
it depends upon multi factors, the key is that we are every weak at diplomacy and India consider it as an act of war if somebody sells weapons to us...this is just like china consider anybody who sell weapons to Taiwan as act of war..

the very reason why even USA is reluctant to sell taiwan equipment

@Qabza Group

Few days ago, i met a friend who is a jf-17 jockey. He said that the SD-10A has better overall flight characteristics and rocket burn time courtesy a bigger rocket motor. Secondly, he mentioned the Home On Jam mode and better ECCM capability, depending upon the flight conditions, target distance like head on or tail among other conditions off course.

Need your input.

Its not just "$50m" fly away cost, any new platforms would be expensive, so you also account the cost of weapons package, infrastructure, training and another 3 - 4 years for proper integration into airforce. we don't enjoy the purchasing power like our neighbor do, PAF fully needs to understands that before committing to any "kneejerk" accusation.

Personally, i don't see any J10 deal because PAF is fully committed with Jf17 and its blocks until next generation platforms becomes available. right now the focus should be on J17 weapons package, this can be done at the fraction of the cost of accruing a new platform.

Its not just "$50m" fly away cost, any new platforms would be expensive, so you also account the cost of weapons package, infrastructure, training and another 3 - 4 years for proper integration into airforce. we don't enjoy the purchasing power like our neighbor do, PAF fully needs to understands that before committing to any "kneejerk" accusation.

Personally, i don't see any J10 deal because PAF is fully committed with Jf17 and its blocks until next generation platforms becomes available. right now the focus should be on J17 weapons package, this can be done at the fraction of the cost of accruing a new platform.

Hi,

Indeed---50 mil is just a fly away cost---but the good thing is that no new weapons need to be purchased---. But off course traing and other accessories need to be covered---.

What you did not understand is----the JF17 production cannot meet the needed demand---the committment for the JF17 is well and good---but if the numbers are not being produced to take care of the NOW problem---.

It would be just like your mother or my mother would be dying of cancer---and would need 30 shots of a medicine a month----and you and I only giver her 10 shots a month---.

Shame on you---and shame on me for being such a disgusting son.

How about train some PAF pilot using J-10A/B from PLAAF so that if situation demand you can bring some from China. It can be a open secret deal between Pakistan China that PAF will lease some during war time so that it won't interpret China join against India directly which would escalate the situation.

Hi,

Thank you---that is an excellent thought---but a better act would be to sign the deal for the delivery of the first 36---.

@Qabza Group

Few days ago, i met a friend who is a jf-17 jockey. He said that the SD-10A has better overall flight characteristics and rocket burn time courtesy a bigger rocket motor. Secondly, he mentioned the Home On Jam mode and better ECCM capability, depending upon the flight conditions, target distance like head on or tail among other conditions off course.

Need your input.
It is equal in performance to the AIM-120C. What more a statement do you need?

This was exactly my point. JF17 with AESA and extended range BVRs is the solution. However, some people take the political angle and start spewing hate towards PAF and calling it incompetent. Regarding EFT, it is not a questions of money, but the question of availability. EFT has never been offered to PAF. If and when it is offered, PAF will find the money to buy it. Coming back to the topic, I believe the the RVV series AAMs should be solicited, as Pakistan has the ability to integrate them.

The offering problem lies not in that the Eurofighter consortium never offered it; but that it is almost impossible based on the delicate diplomacy involved in dealing with what are essentially 5 nations with ownership of the aircraft to agree in their civilian setup to release this aircraft in limited yet consequential numbers to a nation that as such does not have good PR due to media and financial lobbies by India.

It has been given a lite evaluation and the PAF loved it; but from a aircombat perspective.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom