What's new

Future of SD-10 in PAF?

but if we get rid of some of our tranche1's and order 48 3b's, i would assume they would request tvc with greater thrust. i think i read that in the white paper.

Greater thrust maybe. But no TVC; the west is moving beyond it.

@Blue Marlin what EFT old for retirement? :o:

If I m correct, it entered in service after F-16s block-50s they will remain in service for long in many countries (upgraded / MLUed when needed) and EFTs retiring? they have not even served enough time required for fighter jets to be MLUed / upgraded.

Is manufacturing quality is not good like low price Chinese goods?

@Bilal Khan 777 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Windjammer @Zarvan @gambit @Blue Marlin

will it be good / feasible for PAF to initially go for available used EFT trench-1 & 2s? How much capabilities they would offer compared to frontline fighters of IAF and PAF's F-16?
Theoretically - i.e. if everything aligns perfectly (e.g. availability of enough fly-worthy Tranche 1 & 2, cash, consortium members willing to deal directly and not grease, India not budding in, Pak Gov't not collapsing, etc), perhaps.

My only involvement was reading through these two and then providing them an idea of how a mid-point product it could be.....

Was it back in 2004-2005? Just for my general knowledge ;)

the basic assumption being that we would have the cash and the good will of the US to buy the EFT, if we have cash in hand and the goodwill of the US the f16 b70 would be a much better choice, since
i) india wont buy them
ii) Much easier in time and money to buy and absorb them
b70 can also get us access to the latest AMRAAM models and AIM9X which will be good enough to counter the RAFAEL
Im more woried about the Indians joing the F35 project as a full member which i think will happen

US bird is more sanctionable then EU one, as during 71 war US President had to persuade European countries to provide weapons to Pakistan as he was not able to do, due to sanctions, so having a European bird is better and Meteor and ASRAAM / IRST is better then AIM-120D/AIM-9X block-1.

the basic assumption being that we would have the cash and the good will of the US to buy the EFT, if we have cash in hand and the goodwill of the US the f16 b70 would be a much better choice, since
i) india wont buy them
ii) Much easier in time and money to buy and absorb them
b70 can also get us access to the latest AMRAAM models and AIM9X which will be good enough to counter the RAFAEL
Im more woried about the Indians joing the F35 project as a full member which i think will happen

US bird is more sanctionable then EU one, as during 71 war US President had to persuade European countries to provide weapons to Pakistan as he was not able to do due to sanctions, so having a European bird is better and Meteor and ASARAAM / IRST is better then AIM-120D/AIM-9X block-1.
if anything having a bird with a huge British input will definetly be sanctioned, i still remember the French nuclear deal of 1977 when the French reneged on already signed deal. Unfortunately USA is the big bad wolf and europeans are its sheep herd

You can not compare Nuclear deal with conventional weapons deal it like comparing Apples with Oranges.

Also France was good ally till Indian fighter jet competition, they were ready to sell all types of weapons including Rafale jets.

Our economy down slide and Indian booming economy is also a big matter in these deals.

Back
Top Bottom