What's new

Future of SD-10 in PAF?

It is equal in performance to the AIM-120C.

One thing I am still not getting about SD-10 is its limited range (≥ 70 KM as per its brochure) as compare to AIM-120C & it is believed that the range of AIM-120C is ≥100 KM (if web sources are to be believed)

on the basis of this I am assuming either we are over estimating the range of AIM-120C in our inventory or the quoted range for SD-10 in that brochure is wrong

One thing I am still not getting about SD-10 is its limited range (≥ 70 KM as per its brochure) as compare to AIM-120C & it is believed that the range of AIM-120C is ≥100 KM (if web sources are to be believed)

on the basis of this I am assuming either we are over estimating the range of AIM-120C in our inventory or the quoted range for SD-10 in that brochure is wrong

There was a good explanation of why range is a subjective term in these brochures given by another member here.

There was a good explanation of why range is a subjective term in these brochures given by another member here.

OK I will try to find it .....

It is equal in performance to the AIM-120C. What more a statement do you need?

The offering problem lies not in that the Eurofighter consortium never offered it; but that it is almost impossible based on the delicate diplomacy involved in dealing with what are essentially 5 nations with ownership of the aircraft to agree in their civilian setup to release this aircraft in limited yet consequential numbers to a nation that as such does not have good PR due to media and financial lobbies by India.

It has been given a lite evaluation and the PAF loved it; but from a aircombat perspective.
what about approaching one government? it would streamline the process. but end of the day it would need to be approved by all of the partners. the saudis and oman purchased typhoons through bae systems (uk) and kuwait purchased them via alenia aermacchi (italy). heck with the active search for new orders theres an option for an off the shelf purchase. an offset purchase may complicate things and as i understand your modp says theres must be an ofset at a certain percentage. im not sure if the build it in pakistan like a flatpack furniture counts anymore. as you have demonstrated you can already build fighter jets, and wont bring anything special.
i read that our pm will visit pakistan next year. its not related to the typhoon obviously, it means theres gonna be a few trade deal to offset brexit. but its an option.
as for lobbies, end of the day we supply weapons to who every has money, heck even the saudis when they used our kit to kill civilians recently at a funeral. lobbing is not gonna offset a multibillion pound deal. remember that.

what about approaching one government? it would streamline the process. but end of the day it would need to be approved by all of the partners. the saudis and oman purchased typhoons through bae systems (uk) and kuwait purchased them via alenia aermacchi (italy). heck with the active search for new orders theres an option for an off the shelf purchase. an offset purchase may complicate things and as i understand your modp says theres must be an ofset at a certain percentage. im not sure if the build it in pakistan like a flatpack furniture counts anymore. as you have demonstrated you can already build fighter jets, and wont bring anything special.
i read that our pm will visit pakistan next year. its not related to the typhoon obviously, it means theres gonna be a few trade deal to offset brexit. but its an option.
as for lobbies, end of the day we supply weapons to who every has money, heck even the saudis when they used our kit to kill civilians recently at a funeral. lobbing is not gonna offset a multibillion pound deal. remember that.

The Saudis and Omanis can bypass all their diplomatic worries by throwing a drum of oil at any objecting member of the Eurofighter consortium.

If you consider the max ceiling a JF-17 can climb and launch SD-10 and its Adversery also coming towards him HEAD-ON. Both Aircrafts at Mach-2

is it 'just' an assumption for JF-17 .... :whistle:

The Saudis and Omanis can bypass all their diplomatic worries by throwing a drum of oil at any objecting member of the Eurofighter consortium.
end of the day, the typhoon consortium needs orders, and realistically the Netherlands which opened a tender for new fighter jets will go for the f35 as its a level 2 partner in the program.

and the possibility of the saudis buying 48 more of them is crazy but end of the day it is saudi arabia here so it may happen but i dont foresee it .

malaysia are planning to upgrade the mig 29's instead to smt standard. and indoneasia not playing ball.
so its options are limited and the program supporting 100,000 jobs in total theres pressure to search out of the usual circle for orders.
i personally feel if you "want" it then you'd work to getting it. the indians are looking at the f16in blk70 and the gripen e both of which are superior then your flagship f16 blk 52+'s.
so you either fast track the ngf or get a stop gap.

end of the day, the typhoon consortium needs orders, and realistically the Netherlands which opened a tender for new fighter jets will go for the f35 as its a level 2 partner in the program.

and the possibility of the saudis buying 48 more of them is crazy but end of the day it is saudi arabia here so it may happen but i dont foresee it .

malaysia are planning to upgrade the mig 29's instead to smt standard. and indoneasia not playing ball.
so its options are limited and the program supporting 100,000 jobs in total theres pressure to search out of the usual circle for orders.
i personally feel if you "want" it then you'd work to getting it. the indians are looking at the f16in blk70 and the gripen e both of which are superior then your flagship f16 blk 52+'s.
so you either fast track the ngf or get a stop gap.
All of that depends upon funds. Funds that are also needed for new EW systems, SAMs and other ancillary support.
A better option is to invest in more and more SoWs until a NGF.

Exactly , all we can offer is Sarson ka saag and khalis Makhan.
They dont seem to like that at all.
You'd be surprised how much oil Pakistan has. But th le dumbass filthy politicians don't take it out.

All of that depends upon funds. Funds that are also needed for new EW systems, SAMs and other ancillary support.
A better option is to invest in more and more SoWs until a NGF.
ew systems,you mean like replacing the dassault ew aircraft https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._24_Squadron_(Pakistan_Air_Force)

orl ike working on "connecting" your fighter jets together like link16/11 and your own thing.

personally it would be great to hear of a long range sam and new frigates. the former being the most important i would assume theres some hq-9 batteries dotted around pakistan, i doubt the airforce dont just sit there there twiddling their thumbs.hences the assumption. that and i read someone leak news of it.

and as for next gen missiles..... well bilal khan 777 says denel a-darter program is not run buy the brightest of the bunch. i assume on the pr side not technical. and the bvraam either the marlin, pl-15 or wait to ask dear hillary nicely for aim-120d's and radar upgrades to the older f16s so they can fire them too. and the aim-9x wont hurt too.

also your timing suggests your not state side. hows the weather in the uk? not to cold i hope.

You'd be surprised how much oil Pakistan has. But th le dumbass filthy politicians don't take it out.
Until is seen being taken out and in drums. It is as good as non-existent. So regardless of if's and buts. Pakistan has no oil.

ew systems,you mean like replacing the dassault ew aircraft https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No._24_Squadron_(Pakistan_Air_Force)

orl ike working on "connecting" your fighter jets together like link16/11 and your own thing.

personally it would be great to hear of a long range sam and new frigates. the former being the most important i would assume theres some hq-9 batteries dotted around pakistan, i doubt the airforce dont just sit there there twiddling their thumbs.hences the assumption. that and i read someone leak news of it.

and as for next gen missiles..... well bilal khan 777 says denel a-darter program is not run buy the brightest of the bunch. i assume on the pr side not technical. and the bvraam either the marlin, pl-15 or wait to ask dear hillary nicely for aim-120d's and radar upgrades to the older f16s so they can fire them too. and the aim-9x wont hurt too.

also your timing suggests your not state side. hows the weather in the uk? not to cold i hope.

We already have a proprietary link known as link-17 that is compatible with link 16.

Half a squadron of Su-35 will not make a difference against hundreds of Su-30Mkis

We work on the quality not on the quantity. When it comes to actual war those Su-30Mkis will be crashing into the grounds all by themselves because of technical malfunctions. As said by Indian Defense Minister half of their MKI fleet is not war ready --- over 350 of the approximately 700 combat aircraft in the air force's inventory are in a state to fly and undertake operations. :omghaha:
source: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-to-technical-issues/articleshow/50206678.cms

P.S: Before someone label me as just 'another troller I'm just telling the importance of quality over quantity

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom