What's new

Future of Pakistans water once India blocks all routes?

You are talking about India having a 240 Mega Ton nuclear device and you are calling me foolish.

Please get your ankles checked up, because apparently your brain resides there.

Any source that say India does not have 240 Mega Ton nuclear device? As far I know nukes are pretty scalable and are low tech weapons.

Pakistan should develop alternative water sources: sea, ground, rain and other alternatives water sources sand stop depending on Indus water.
Why should we? You're not God to decide were the water goes

Aunty or Uncle, don't assume you Pakistanis are the only smart guys. If India wants to stop water, it would consider Pak reaction too, and the first would be to capture your nukes and make you powerless. Think over...

For this you deserve ticker's remarks he made in his post # 45.

Any source that say India does not have 240 Mega Ton nuclear device? As far I know nukes are pretty scalable and are low tech weapons.

Now you are talking sense. Your ankle needs to be placed in a cast. It is fractured.

to OP
All trolling aside, ive i had to lay it down straight without showing any bias, First off all this will never happen but ill answer y later.

IF India did stop water on an "unjustifiable basis" ,

1 Pakistan can leverage China to block Brahmaputra.
2 Pakistan can very easily call in the UN to support them.
3 Pakistan can try to bomb the dams ,face sever floods and risk war wit a much much larger enimy.
4 Pakistan can plead and bring thing out on a discussion table.

But y this can never happen is because. Dams have two purposes,increase ground water and generate electricity.
and to generate Electricity we need to release water continuously . so hence the assumption is flawed on the very onset. Maintain peace and we keep generating our electricity.

Bound shmound!,

dont put too much faith on treaties ...India has a habit of hitting u were u least expect it.
Maintain good relations and ull always have an upper hand morally . And India revolves arnd moral integrity (at least on the outside).
We need electricity too, you can use any rivers you like inside India

Water is not free. India should control the entire flow of water.
Hahahahahahahahahaha oh God that's the funniest indian wet dream ever, you must have squirted a few litres on your bed, now do you need another dam? Don't worry, you can keept that water

Now you are talking sense. Your ankle needs to be placed in a cast. It is fractured.

Talk sense. We are talking about nukes and not ankles, fractures and non-sense

Did we ever have comic conversation! Certainly not... So please bear no ambiguity, I really meant that.

I also really meant it.

The concern expressed in post no 1 is genuine .

For a start can we stop this ' we will nuke them' tirade. Its a non starter. Nukeing India outside the dams will attract such severe and sustained damage that ' pani bhi nahi mangoge ' - Pak wont need water after this and hitting the dams with nukes takes the radioactive water into Pakistan, contaminating the entire length of the country - both ways Pak loses more than India.

Now on the subject, India cannot divert the water of rivers outside the IWT even if it wants to.Constructing dams along the run of flow is what it can do & is doing.

The cost of diverting rivers like Indus , Jhelum & Chenab inland south of J&K is way too prohibitive. Of these rivers , Chenab may be a possibility but not the other two.

What is happening is as per the treaty. Those who chest thump on India raising the heights of the dams etc must realise that India's stand has been vindicated by international validation & whenever a valid objection has been made India has complied.

What does Pak then do ? In my opinion it needs to :

a) Increase storage capacity by building dams, increase storage capacity of existing dams by desilting & / or increasing heights of existing dams.

b) Manage water flow better by equitable distribution so that ground water gets recharged all along the flow of rivers.

c) Not allow fresh water to flow wastefully into the Arabian Sea .

d) Develop catchment areas to harness rain water during monsoons & floods, a canal network to channel flood water into drier areas of Sind & Baluchistan.

e) Re line the damaged / old canals so that water does not seep into the ground . This adds to the losses due to evaporation. Gujarat ( India) has begun a wonderful programme by placing solar panels over canals - this prevents water losses due to evaporation & provides electricity to local villages along the canals.

.. and so many more.

The bottom line is that instead of blaming everything to Destiny, Fate , Bad neighbors & ill effects of partition we need to roll up our sleeves and get down to serious work which shall have long term effects.

The concern expressed in post no 1 is genuine .

For a start can we stop this ' we will nuke them' tirade. Its a non starter. Nukeing India outside the dams will attract such severe and sustained damage that ' pani bhi nahi mangoge ' & Pak wont need water after this and hitting the dams with nukes takes the radioactive water into Pakistan, contaminating the entire length of the country - both ways Pak loses more than India.

Now on the subject, India cannot divert the water of rivers outside the IWT even if it wants to.Constructing dams along the run of flow is what it can do & is doing.

The cost of diverting rivers like Indus , Jhelum & Chenab inland south of J&K is way too prohibitive. Of these rivers , Chenab may be a possibility but not the other two.

What is happening is as per the treaty. Those who chest thump on India raising the heights of the dams etc must realise that India's stand has been vindicated by international validation & whenever a valid objection has been made India has complied.

What does Pak then do ? In my opinion it needs to :

a) Increase storage capacity by building dams, increase storage capacity of existing dams by desilting & / or increasing heights of existing dams.

b) Manage water flow better by equitable distribution so that ground water gets recharged all along the flow of rivers.

c) Not allow fresh water to flow wastefully into the Arabian Sea .

d) Develop catchment areas to harness rain water during monsoons & floods, a canal network to channel flood water into drier areas of Sind & Baluchistan.

.. and so many more.

The bottom line is that instead of blaming everything to Destiny, Fate , Bad neighbors & ill effects of partition we need to roll up our sleeves and get down to serious work which shall have long term effects.

Pakistan has to think constructively. The guys on PDF think of nuking India as if India ready to get nuked. :lol:

I also really meant it.

I wish there was a better way to get away with boo boo.. Anyways, I can understand your position. Please carry own, keep enlightening us with the remarkable tactics ever compiled by human brain. Thread is all yours.

Talk sense. We are talking about nukes and not ankles, fractures and non-sense

I also really meant it.

You wanna talk serious nuke $hit, lets talk. Like I said earlier, your boosted fission device did not work during the tests which were conducted in Pokharan. One of the scientist guys present there and was heading a team, known as Iyenger, said it publicly that, this particular test was a failure. If this test failed, how could you have a bigger bum than your own i.e. 240 mega ton nuke.

And if you meant what you said, then get both your ankles in a cast as both these are fractured.

Wanna talk more.

I wish there was a better way to get away with boo boo.. Anyways, I can understand your position. Please carry own, keep enlightening us with the remarkable tactics ever compiled by human brain. Thread is all yours.

Please call it ankle. That's where it resides.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom