What's new

Future of Pakistans water once India blocks all routes?

1. Decrease the amount of water share by dams as a diplomatic tool to garner favor in issues such as Kashmir, Sir Creek etc.

2. If Pakistan imposes an unjust war on India than India can use it's leverage of upper stream country to benefit in war effort.

So if we have peace between the two countries than there is no reason for Pakistan to be skeptic of the Indian designs.
Define unjust war, and who will decide what is a just or unjust war as for the parties involved in a war, they all think they are on right side.

India will call any war unjust, and stop water....not gonna happen.

Define unjust war, and who will decide what is a just or unjust war as for the parties involved in a war, they all think they are on right side.

India will call any war unjust, and stop water....not gonna happen.

By Unjust i mean unprovoked, or a nuclear strike, etc. i m talking about the worst case scenario, since India din't stop Pakistani water even in 1965 or 1971. This will be the last step India takes.

Pakistan should know where it stands. India is literally circling Pakistan all over. With nuclear subs and then water blockade. Anti ballestic capability is another blow to zaid hamids dream of ghazwa e hind.

Anyways Indian blackmailing during war will be enough to keep Pakistan away from using nuclear weapons.

They can't block the water completely as per IWT.I don;t think they would do it anyways.However this should be added in our nuclear doctrine threshold that if they completely stop Pakistan's Water Supply they would nuked (Which is logical as there is no other option but to die by dehydration).I think it is already there as per the latest report on Pakistan Nuclear Doctrine by some European Researcher.In any case strong military is required to deal with bullies like India - Today they are singing songs of peace but if we end up making our military weak they will start thinking about striking Pakistan.Remember Hindus are well known for bagal mein churi muh mein ram ram.

First of all we're not going to block the water, even we build dams, we'll still provide water, we're not selfish like you, and don't even think about nukes,...just don't get yourself killed...you know what happened with the previous wars right?..and you can say its not 1962 not 71 not 99 ....same thing you'll say till you exist, and we're not bullies, you're the big liar, you'll say u you want peace and come down to the table but behind the back plan and kill Indians in our soil, even right now your army's giving cover for ISI trained terrorists to cross the border into India, what s cowardssss//////

Salaam,*

I recently came to find out most of pakistans rivers flow in via India, and as we know India is building dams on these.*

My concern /question is, if in future India blocks all water (by building dams) flowing into pakistan ,*What would pak do? No politically diplomatically or militarily as all these Methods will fail BECAUSE Pakistan so far as failed to prevent the current dams so it won't make any difference for future.

But I was asking practically what pak would do ? Like which other sources are in Pakistan that could compensate for loss done by India on Indus Ravi jehlum Chenab etc, could these be re-linked by canals irrigation to those affected areas?*

Would pakistan simply build more dams from its own rivers (which source are in Pakistan)? Would that be enough to make up?*

Or is it fair to say we would be literally BUST without Indias inflow of water? (although source are in china) as you know they come to us via india occupied Kashmir.
Pakistan has failed (lame effort) to prevent India building these dams and I guess will fail in future so I was just wondering what Pakistan will do to become self sufficient and dependant on its own?

Thank you ,*
P.s before any of you reply we can attack India et, please don't reply , because we didn't have the effort to even convey a strong verbal message tell them to stop , and they continued to build from 2002.*
I'm more after a practical solution Pakistan would come up with I.e utilise it's other resources , etc

Dude..I understand the concern and fear of Pakistan wrt to water from India....If Indian was in your place then obviously Indian would have reacted and feel concerned in the same way. I feel that there are are couple of things that can be done to address the fear and concern from both India and Pakistan.

1- India at any point of time should use water as a medium in the war with Pakistan for any war that is initiated by India itself....This is inhuman and insane.....But this logic does not hold true when survival of India is at stake in case of any war with Pakistan
2- Pakistan prepare itself for this solution in a long term perspective. Either get Kashmir or be in peace with India that will help to secure its water.
3- Prepare alternate source of water or build water storage capacity so as to address this issue. I feel rather than spending money on defence budget saving Pakistan as a nation with Providing water security to India is more imp issue.

4- Of course in major war in future, i donot beleive that there will be any traditional India Pakistan war will happen rather more diplomatic, economic and influence in international area will happen between India and Pak in future...

Do you really think you can seize hundreds of separate nukes in different locations simultaneously? :lol:

Seriously, sort out your power grid first.

Come on Mr gentleman....Do you seriously think the question by thread starter is a serious question??? India will never ever use water as a medium to have war with pakistan....If this is the case India could have done long time back before India and Pakistan even acquired nuclear weapon.....

So bottom line is stopping water for a million people of a nation is a not kiddish play..that when India want it will stop it...all nations are bound by minimum treaties and International community whoever it may be, will not remain silent with a genocide in pakistan by stopping water for its people....

So i think people stop getting paranoid about getting this question rather we should talk sensibly...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom