What's new

Future of Pakistans water once India blocks all routes?

Well, the next issue is when to go to war. What if India diverts water slowly on a 10 year time frame and blame it on climate change. :chilli:

Depends who gets into office. If a warmongerer is in office on either sides it can be sooner rather than later.

bombing it. :lol: Halwa samjha hai kya. :lol:

Who said it would be easy. It is definitively an option. I remember Egypt threatened to bomb every dam built by countries on the Nile River. Pakistan is in the same situation based on what the OP is saying if India cuts off all water there wouldn't be much options left for them.

Treaties are useful till both parties want them too..Else Hafiz saeed wouldnt be roaming free in Pakistan...

Every thing comes back to Hafiz Saeed for you Indians doesn't it. :rolleyes:

to OP
All trolling aside, ive i had to lay it down straight without showing any bias, First off all this will never happen but ill answer y later.

IF India did stop water on an "unjustifiable basis" ,

1 Pakistan can leverage China to block Brahmaputra.
2 Pakistan can very easily call in the UN to support them.
3 Pakistan can try to bomb the dams ,face sever floods and risk war wit a much much larger enimy.
4 Pakistan can plead and bring thing out on a discussion table.

But y this can never happen is because. Dams have two purposes,increase ground water and generate electricity.
and to generate Electricity we need to release water continuously . so hence the assumption is flawed on the very onset. Maintain peace and we keep generating our electricity.

Bound shmound!,

dont put too much faith on treaties ...India has a habit of hitting u were u least expect it.
Maintain good relations and ull always have an upper hand morally . And India revolves arnd moral integrity (at least on the outside).

The dams are not storage dams, India from day 1 has been religiously adhering to the Indus water treaty by way of which it keeps releasing 80% of the water to Pakistan. If Pakistan has an issue with any project they can go for arbitration. A war on water is Bullsh!t and its just a pressure building technique which Pakistan uses similar to having the bomb to draw international attention, when the fact is they cannot do anything about it other than discuss across the table with India.

This is kiddish on their part and regularly threatening of a water war or MAD is similar to crying wolf one too many times and everybody knows about their tactics now and no one takes it seriously now, the only option open is to talk to India if they have any problem about any project.

One day India is being attacked for failure to meet the demands of its people wrt electricity then whencorrective measures are taken vis-a-vis power generation such as hydro-electric through said dams the EXACT SAME people attack India for trying to provide for tis people. Can't do right for doing wrong. Un-effing-believable.

Freaky fish u sed dams purpose is Also to release water For generating electricity , but my question was on the assumption India diverts all water away from Pakistan, and what would Pakistan other sources be and u also have some very valid reasons as to why this would not happen thanks

The future is bright for war mongers- the west-
surely the next Pak Indo war will be on water-
Brace your self for another western wet dream coming true--

If Pakistan fails diplomatically then the only way left would be too bomb Indian dams. If you don't want to take that as an option then just brace yourself for no water. Bombing Indian dams would trigger war though so that should be taken into account. IMO any future war will be the last war for Indo-Pak.

Depends who gets into office. If a warmongerer is in office on either sides it can be sooner rather than later.

What sane and rational person would be pushing for war such as you guys? What is the point in Pakistan getting itself mixed up in a conflict it can neither win nor afford to fight??

War in this context isn't a diplomatic tool, it is the tool of idiots trying to further their own goals. To quote my signature:

"Peace is Sons burying their Fathers, War is Fathers burying their Sons."

In fact Pakistan should be thankful to Indian kindness in this case.

Just think about a scenerio that most of the north Indian rivers are originating from Pakistan and am sure Pakistan will definitely use it for its leverage for Kashmir etc unlike India.

@ OP- I don't think India will ever, ever, ever stop the water to Pakistan so get a good night's sleep.

Freaky fish u sed dams purpose is Also to release water For generating electricity , but my question was on the assumption India diverts all water away from Pakistan, and what would Pakistan other sources be and u also have some very valid reasons as to why this would not happen thanks

Why would india do so? Ask rational questions for rational answers??

Even a warmonger has to justify war. It cannot start by Indian side as they are the one starting water war(?).
My question is when does one decide to go to war blaming the other side? What if the water you get decreases slowly (not stopping it all suddenly one day)

They can't block the water completely as per IWT.I don;t think they would do it anyways.However this should be added in our nuclear doctrine threshold that if they completely stop Pakistan's Water Supply they would nuked (Which is logical as there is no other option but to die by dehydration).I think it is already there as per the latest report on Pakistan Nuclear Doctrine by some European Researcher.In any case strong military is required to deal with bullies like India - Today they are singing songs of peace but if we end up making our military weak they will start thinking about striking Pakistan.Remember Hindus are well known for bagal mein churi muh mein ram ram.

Firstly, Indias not gonna do anything of this sort. International image is something Indians value much much more than Pakistan.

So fuget about any divertion thing happening.

They can't block the water completely as per IWT.I don;t think they would do it anyways.However this should be added in our nuclear doctrine threshold that if they completely stop Pakistan's Water Supply they would nuked (Which is logical as there is no other option but to die by dehydration).I think it is already there as per the latest report on Pakistan Nuclear Doctrine by some European Researcher.In any case strong military is required to deal with bullies like India - Today they are singing songs of peace but if we end up making our military weak they will start thinking about striking Pakistan.Remember Hindus are well known for bagal mein churi muh mein ram ram.

:lol: How about India attacking Pak and capturing its nuke before it stops the water :lol:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom