What's new

Future of moodI jee,s air shakti & its effects on PAF !

Status
Not open for further replies.
But even if MK.II does eventually materialize for production by 2024-25 (that is what it is realistically being estimated) ... JF-17 Block-III or later versions would have already become a veritable beast.

This is a classic case of better development model and management practices.

As per what I have heard and read ... it is HAL that is playing spoil sport. It wants to gain full ROI on Teja Mk.1 assembly line and workforce. It argues that unless atleast 80 fighters are ordered ... it won't begin production on Mk.II.

The DRDO, ADA and IAF are the ones who are saying that only if HAL can guarantee 80 planes by 2022 only then will they place such an order. The matter is stuck in limbo it seems since then because HAL has been off schedule many times.

That is according to my limited knowledge.

thts 11 FAC every year if the start producing in Three months & Tejas MK I dont have even an FOC yet ... seems to me they are throwing un acheiveable target to each other .. so in the end when one of the costliest project ever will be scrapped .. they will put the burden on each other ...

thts 11 FAC every year if the start producing in Three months & Tejas MK I dont have even an FOC yet ... seems to me they are throwing un acheiveable target to each other .. so in the end when one of the costliest project ever will be scrapped .. they will put the burden on each other ...

Sh*t happens bro :tup:

Yes its just waste of money & time when your opponents are way ahead , with all kinds of super shopping & having fun ?
LCA will be a flying duck , against Pakistani & Chinese co production JF17 THE THUNDER , not to mention other fighter jets ?
Jf17 lol
Tejas in its present format is better than thunder lol
Keep dreaming

But didn't recently india Decided NOT to go ahead with Tejas MK II Version ??
(The IAF recently abandoned plans to develop an upgraded Mark-II LCA.)

It make sense in induction of a couple of Tejas Squadron as it is .. as it will be a stop Gap Measure & identifies the short comings to be improved in next version ... but If they are not going to have an upgraded version .. thn it seems nothing more thn filling in the quantities for the sake of increasing the squadron nos. !!!
It will have aesa,ew suites,ifr probe,jammer
What more do you expect from it lol

In a network centric warfare.....it can take on 4.5 gen fighters when backed by awacs

Well to make sure first that all of these features and capabilities listed by you ... work as per specs.
Considering it was first supposed to be inducted by 1994 ... a little less jingoism and a bit more realism and circumspection won't be a bad idea for a change.

In a network centric warfare.....it can take on 4.5 gen fighters when backed by awacs

Please we do not need a VS thread here ... Have a read ur self the adjectives used for Tejas Right Now ..

Struggling, Obsolete, Burden, Weaken ..

i have no issue with Tejas, my issue is if they are not planning to have improved version MK II .. thn why keep pouring in money in dark hole ?

Jf17 lol
Keep dreaming

you are right it WILL have but it does not. it is not even BVR capable. and who knows what happen next. it took bharat 33+ long years to induct a plane that had blessings from all over the world. it is no match for JFT, not today, not tomorrow and not day after. first let it carry critical weapons/ systems to qualify to compete.

Israeli Avionics
American engine
French design
what is Bharti in it

Please we do not need a VS thread here ... Have a read ur self the adjectives used for Tejas Right Now ..

i have no issue with Tejas, my issue is if they are not planning to have improved version MK II .. thn why keep pouring in money in dark hole ?

Well to make sure first that all of these features and capabilities listed by you ... work as per specs.
Considering it was first supposed to be inducted by 1994 ... a little less jingoism and a bit more realism and circumspection won't be a bad idea for a change.
It was supposed to be a interceptor back then
The repeated changes in ASR has turned tejas into a multirole fighter

In that case....thr is no official confirmation of cancellation of mk2

Sir....compare the specs n then tell me its obsolete
Dont fall for stupid journalism

Its out in the Market though .. 06th October, 2015
India’s Air Force Will Field 42 Combat Squadrons by 2027 | The Diplomat

Air Chief Marshal Raha, announced that the IAF will procure a larger number of improved Mark-I Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) – dubbed Tejas Mark-IA- than the forty it had originally committed to buying. “We are ready to take more — 120 (fighters), six squadrons of Tejas… We are ready to take it as soon as they (HAL) can provide it. That means they have to ramp up the production rate, which is running behind schedule… But we will take all 120,” he said. (The IAF recently abandoned plans to develop an upgraded Mark-II LCA.)

Sir....compare the specs n then tell me its obsolete
Dont fall for stupid journalism

Yes U r Right ... this is sensationalism created by Journos .. I was not saying Tejas is All this .. it was in response to an earlier comment ..

These changes should have been planned in manageable incremental steps. I am not taking anything away from it technically. But it is a huge project management failure. Too much gung-ho jingoism and over aiming one's objectives is a recipe for disappointment. Like I have posted before, it is the combined fault of DRDO, ADA, HAL and IAF in varying aspects.

Back in the Reagan era ... there was this "Strategic Defense Initiative" or popularly known as the "Star Wars" program. There was a huge euphoria and hype created on what the US would achieve in the next 10 years. But some 7 or 8 years down the road ... the US had the courage to pull the plug on the program and own up on its mistake and chalked it to experience.

Similar hype was created with LCA (as it was known back then). But nobody had the courage to admit a mistake was made in assessing what could be done in the allotted time period. Too much pride and ego got in the way of making rational decisions. Hence this is what you have.

My intention is not to rub it in ... but to present the case way I see it ... as I would for any Pakistani program.

you are right it WILL have but it does not. it is not even BVR capable. and who knows what happen next. it took bharat 33+ long years to induct a plane that had blessings from all over the world. it is no match for JFT, not today, not tomorrow and not day after. first let it carry critical weapons/ systems to qualify to compete.

Israeli Avionics
American engine
French design
what is Bharti in it
Although your post was not worth answering still thunder doesnt have ifr,it doesnt have aesa,it doesnt have a dedicated hmds

Ur plane is not worth comparing to tejas in its present form

Its out in the Market though .. 06th October, 2015
India’s Air Force Will Field 42 Combat Squadrons by 2027 | The Diplomat

Air Chief Marshal Raha, announced that the IAF will procure a larger number of improved Mark-I Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) – dubbed Tejas Mark-IA- than the forty it had originally committed to buying. “We are ready to take more — 120 (fighters), six squadrons of Tejas… We are ready to take it as soon as they (HAL) can provide it. That means they have to ramp up the production rate, which is running behind schedule… But we will take all 120,” he said. (The IAF recently abandoned plans to develop an upgraded Mark-II LCA.)

Yes U r Right ... this is sensationalism created by Journos .. I was not saying Tejas is All this .. it was in response to an earlier comment ..
it was in market with no official sources
The bolded part was media work

This is official
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar: LCA’s shortcomings addressed in its Mark-II version | The Indian Express

These changes should have been planned in manageable incremental steps. I am not taking anything away from it technically. But it is a huge project management failure. Too much gung-ho jingoism and over aiming one's objectives is a recipe for disappointment. Like I have posted before, it is the combined fault of DRDO, ADA, HAL and IAF in varying aspects.

Back in the Reagan era ... there was this "Strategic Defense Initiative" or popularly known as the "Star Wars" program. There was a huge euphoria and hype created on what the US would achieve in the next 10 years. But some 7 or 8 years down the road ... the US had the courage to pull the plug on the program and own up on its mistake and chalked it to experience.

Similar hype was created with LCA (as it was known back then). But nobody had the courage to admit a mistake waade in assessing what could be done in the allotted time period. Too much pride and ego got in the way of making rational decisions. Hence this is what you have.

My intention is not to rub it in ... but to present the case way I see it ... as I would for any Pakistani program.
You are correct here

what i think is that it is blessing in disguise for indians. by pushing a low performing but home brew jet down the iaf throat they are insuring two thing
1) breaking iafs habit of demanding extremely expensive high tech stuff which is not only expensive to procure but is also extremely expensive and hard to maintain as they need to get every thing ( ie tires,small spares) from producer which impact the operational readiness of their fleet
2) promoting local industry and keeping billions of dollars and jobs in the country.
but what these local manufacturers should keep in mind and should be reminded all the time that iaf and country is relying on them and there is no chance for screw ups this will encourage them to make better product in future of course with the input of straighten out iaf (the iaf that knows that these are the only backbone fighters they are going to get)
today we are laughing at india (myself including due to mmrca drama) but it is right way to go even if it is the long one

Jf17 lol
Keep dreaming

Oh sure that's why never been produced after its single solo launch ? Lol

what i think is that it is blessing in disguise for indians. by pushing a low performing but home brew jet down the iaf throat they are insuring two thing
1) breaking iafs habit of demanding extremely expensive high tech stuff which is not only expensive to procure but is also extremely expensive and hard to maintain as they need to get every thing ( ie tires,small spares) from producer which impact the operational readiness of their fleet
2) promoting local industry and keeping billions of dollars and jobs in the country.
but what these local manufacturers should keep in mind and should be reminded all the time that iaf and country is relying on them and there is no chance for screw ups this will encourage them to make better product in future of course with the input of straighten out iaf (the iaf that knows that these are the only backbone fighters they are going to get)
today we are laughing at india (myself including due to mmrca drama) but it is right way to go even if it is the long one
Keep promoting whatever you want , but in any airwar all of your nice words not going to defend India ?Lil
Face the reality & end the stupid desh bhagti ?lolzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom