What's new

Future of India's development threatened, unable to surpass China

Nope, but tell me which other BRIC country was downgraded recently?

Jim O'Neill, the economist who created the idea of BRIC in the first place, said that: "India is the most disappointing of all the BRIC nations".

Fareed Zakira, the most famous Indian-American (editor of Newsweek), said that: "India should be replaced with Indonesia in BRIC".

the political drama over FDI in India and European crisis are one of the reasons why our economy is slowed down

once we undertake reforms and take decision about FDI, situation will be under control pretty much

BTW Rupee has already started recovering

Rupee fall won't hurt India's ratings: Moody's - Reuters -

the political drama over FDI in India and European crisis is one of the reasons why our economy is slowed down

once we undertake reforms and take decision about FDI, situation will be under control pretty much

BTW Rupee has already started recovering

Rupee fall won't hurt India's ratings: Moody's - Reuters -

One of the biggest reasons for India's poor performance is "policy paralysis".

But according to the latest polls from India (in the other thread)... the "regional parties" are getting MUCH stronger. To the point where they will be essential in the formation of the next government.

That means that "policy paralysis" will likely continue even after the 2014 elections.

Actually, Turkey/Argentina/Indonesia/Sri Lanka etc. are all growing faster than India is. :P

but what is their economic base?

they don't have trillion $ economy ( except Turkey and turkey has much less GDP than us)

in early 90's India was growing at 11% rate

our growth rate slowed down only after 2008 meltdown

One of the biggest reasons for India's poor performance is "policy paralysis".

But according to the latest polls from India (in the other thread)... the "regional parties" are getting MUCH stronger. To the point where they will be essential in the formation of the next government.

That means that "policy paralysis" will likely continue even after the 2014 elections.

that's not necessary

in 90's we had coalition govts too, but sill we managed to grow at fast rate

that's not necessary

in 90's we had coalition govts too, but sill we managed to grow at fast rate

That's because you had a much smaller base back then.

With regional parties like Mamata holding up all reforms, I don't see any way out for India's policy paralysis. Especially when the polls show that the regional parties are getting stronger every day.

but what is their economic base?

they don't have trillion $ economy ( except Turkey and turkey has much less GDP than us)

in early 90's India was growing at 11% rate

our growth rate slowed down only after 2008 meltdown
and Turky's population is less than 1/10th of India's yet GDP is 50% of India's
and i dont think turky will take much time catch-up with India's GDP, and the Turky doesnt boast

LOL, that'd be best for you!

btw as I said earlier you assume too much, while we reap the benefits of the trade, big thanks! :enjoy:

Yeah, India is good in reaping all the benefits from all her trading partners and left bone for others. Well said!

add my India traveling experience too

In SE asia, indian business ethics are well known... Proven by the facts that they unable to attract much FDI from our private sector. Regarding the FDI investment from Singapore, a major lot are contributed by our government investing vehicle to divest the risk by not putting all eggs in one basket. Not really the best choice i would say.

Why are you SO OBSESSED about India. I think you will be thinking about INDIA doing anything (like making four letter emotion :azn:).

Seem like someone can see the speck in other's eye but can't see the log in his.

well what can I say, perhaps I engage more and he/she trolls more :D

And what about you then, 60 years back, and now, your country has an external debt well over 100% of your GDP and internal debt to the extent of only God knows what :enjoy:

Excellent reply! Another classic example of the common behaviour by the majority indian here. Throwing smoke (false accusation)to dodge question.

Back
Top Bottom