What's new

Future of Bangladesh

How about these to protect the coastal region from BoB?

cl.imp.sealevel.dutch.jpg

It's worth the cost, me thinks!

Are you feeling your Noakhali origin? But one mistake!

You have mentioned You are continua-tor of the Muslim root. You are not like that. Yes, Dravidian Muslim root is present Bangladesh. But we maintain the freedom of religion. Maximum Dravidian Hindu root have left us. They are now Indian. That is their right. We may have sorrow for that. But we can not force them to be part of us. But some Dravidian Hindu root are with us. They are essential components of our great Bangladeshi Nation. They proved their purity to their own territory. They are the soil product of Bangladesh. We are prepared from same soil. We are a Nation. Yes, Dravidian Muslim root is the main contributor to the Bangladeshi Nation. But, Bangladesh has some other root to constitute the great Bangladeshi Nation.

Shame on the collaborators and betrayers who left us and made the Dravidian Bangladeshi Nation as the divided as part of the conspiration of the Cruel Aryan Cluster.

We are the continua-tor of the ancient Dravidian Nation. We are the Bangladesh.

Why are you repeating same sentence again and again. You said this million times. You proved what you believe. I think you need professional help, no offence, just a good will.

How about these to protect the coastal region from BoB?

cl.imp.sealevel.dutch.jpg

It's worth the cost, me thinks!

Our problem is quite different than what those concrete barriers were built for. Those are for low level tides comes with hurricane or typhone. But biggest problem in our coastal regions are erision which needed different treatment. The tidal waves which comes with Cyclones are as high as 10 meter and no barrier could stop them to overflow.

Our problem is quite different than what those concrete barriers were built for. Those are for low level tides comes with hurricane or typhone. But biggest problem in our coastal regions are erision which needed different treatment. The tidal waves which comes with Cyclones are as high as 10 meter and no barrier could stop them to overflow.

No it's in The Netherlands.

I'm not suggesting we build these for cyclones. These dykes keep away the bloody sea from encroaching into the coastal region.

A large chunk of the Netherlands would have been under water if it were not for these extensive stretches of dykes.

May be you can learn something from Holland. They have reclaimed so much land from the sea same way you can protect your land.

No it's in The Netherlands.

I'm not suggesting we build these for cyclones. These dykes keep away the bloody sea from encroaching into the coastal region.

A large chunk of the Netherlands would have been under water if it were not for these extensive stretches of dykes.

It is very expensive, not to mention much manpower is needed to build it. Furthermore, if the sea erodes away the base the dyke will collapse

I suggest planting mangroves.

It will stop the bay from encroaching into the coastal regions
It can weaken/stop cyclones
It can act as a sewage treatment centre and purify water when it flows into the sea
Preserve wildlife
Breeding grounds for fishes, thus more fishes for the fishermen
It can create new land for bangladesh by trapping sediments

It is very expensive, not to mention much manpower is needed to build it. Furthermore, if the sea erodes away the base the dyke will collapse

It can act as a sewage treatment centre and purify water when it flows into the sea
Preserve wildlife

Expensive, yes! BUT, land is more precious in BD. We cannot afford to lose an inch (well not literally).

I wonder, which one takes longer to implement: farming enough mangrove trees or building the dykes? Hmmphhh...

Expensive, yes! BUT, land is more precious in BD. We cannot afford to lose an inch (well not literally).

I wonder, which one takes longer to implement: farming enough mangrove trees or building the dykes? Hmmphhh...

Building dykes will take longer.
You must drive the piles deep(very deep) into the gound for stability as the ground near the bay is not stable. Import of materials is needed so is foreign expertise.

The dyke must cover the coastline of BD. Lots of work need to done.

Dyke is not a reasonable solution for BD. Even countries like singapore uses mangroves to protect their coastline.

As for the farming of mangroves, fully grown trees are not needed for ths plan

if I'm not wrong, it'll take some 45 years to build the dykes!! Though I liked the idea of planting more mangroves but I think a mixture of both will be effective in longer term!!

As far as i know the government was into some kind of major mangrove plantation in Bangladesh. Anybody know how far the plan has progressed?

Preserve wildlife

I agree with all points you mentioned except the one in bold , Dykes though costly is a one time effort which will help preserve vast amount of land , If indeed the base will be washed away the mangrove roots can be uprooted as well , the reason mangroves are holding on is that they are deeply rooted , then build the dykes deep and strong too . build the dykes slow and steady even if it take 10 years to make it , the results will surely help

Back
Top Bottom