What's new

From Islamaphobia to Sinophobia?

Chinese people are by and large some of the most peaceful people around. I dont mean to offend the entire people but what im trying to say that the rest of the 99percent should condemn this type of behaviour. You bring muslim suicide killers of innocent people into the argument but you forget to ask how many percentage of muslim condemn these type of behaviours? Now put the same questions to the rest of the chinese people regarding this eating habits? Im sure if these type of people are condemned and prosecuted for their actions then this cruel and dangerous culture will eventually
die into oblivion

problem is these type of things will never go away, even if you condemn it, keeping it under 1% is probably the best a country of this population size can do. 1) these 1% feel they aren't hurting other people, and eating dogs/snakes are no different than eating cows, pigs, so rest of 99% should mind their own business. 2) there will always be, yes always be people who venture to try exotic foods. To vast majority of chinese people, eating exotic food is so far down the priority when there are cancers, wars, famines, pollution, crimes... that needed to be addressed more, not many chinese really cared as long as it didn't bother them or innocent people were directly hurt. Yes, I'm sure after this, chinese government will take more actions to address this, but these kind of things will never go away.

In 1930s Europe there was rampant prejudice against Jews which climaxed with the Holocaust. During the period 1947-1990 there was strong anti-Soviet sentiment centred around aversion to communism. From 2000 onwards to the narrative of hatred decidly turned against 'Muslims'. The subject of that hatred might have changed but the contours of hate have always been same. It's like a ready made hate manifesto where you just fill in the newest recipient of the phobia.

Are we seeing the dawn of hatred for Chinese or Sinophobia with Covid-19 acting as thew catalyst like 9/11 was for Muslims? I certainly think so. If this indeed does turn out be a phenomenon I certainly will give a big sigh of relief. It's been tough 20 years of being blamed for everything wrong under the sun.

*phew*

then maybe you people should stop attacking the west every chance you get!

In 1930s Europe there was rampant prejudice against Jews which climaxed with the Holocaust. During the period 1947-1990 there was strong anti-Soviet sentiment centred around aversion to communism. From 2000 onwards to the narrative of hatred decidly turned against 'Muslims'. The subject of that hatred might have changed but the contours of hate have always been same. It's like a ready made hate manifesto where you just fill in the newest recipient of the phobia.

Are we seeing the dawn of hatred for Chinese or Sinophobia with Covid-19 acting as thew catalyst like 9/11 was for Muslims? I certainly think so. If this indeed does turn out be a phenomenon I certainly will give a big sigh of relief. It's been tough 20 years of being blamed for everything wrong under the sun.

*phew*
At what cost? At the expense of your friend, China? What kind of friend are you?

- PRTP GWD

*phew*
Even before the Jews who was the target of this European phobia? The natives of the two American continents. And as a result of this European phobia the original inhabitants of Americas were wiped out.

- PRTP GWD

Back
Top Bottom