What's new

Frigate Monmouth grazes Vikramaditya

Can anyone explain why vicky is shown as ship registered in Bhutan?:hitwall:

WARSHIP R33 (Marine): ship particulars and AIS position - IMO –––, MMSI 410000033 - FleetMon.com

WARSHIP R33 - Military Ops: current position and details | MMSI 410000033, Callsign AVWO | Registered in Bhutan - AIS Marine Traffic

Kind of a Naval Salute.

When warships pass each other while underway, the Junior Ship (the one with the Junior CO) will also do something known as "Dipping the Ensign". The Ensign is the large White Flag flying at HMS Monmouth's Masthead (at the Gaff). Then the Senior Ship (with the Senior Ranking CO) will respond in kind. Then both will will haul their Ensigns "close-up" again to the Mastheads and proceed.
Old Naval traditions.

INS Vikramaditya is also flying the White Ensign (just behind the big drum-like structure on her main-mast) Its just dwarfed by the sheer size of her structure.

Flying the Flag is not really a must in International Waters. Warships will do it only in sight of other ships or when operating in company of other ships.

Sorry. I still can't see the flag.
are you referring to the first photo?

Last edited:
So is'nt Vikramaditya flying her ensign here???? :-)

Are you referring to the dark rectangular shape marked in photo?

ImageCurl » Image Viewer
46211172106073497988.jpg

LOOK hard at the first pic. I've explained all that in an earlier post here in reply to yours, its dwarfed by the sheer size of Vikramaditya's superstructure.

Edit the title lol I actually though there was a slight collision.

Back
Top Bottom