What's new

Friends of Turkey: A light-hearted thread.

But I respect the Turks for one thing. Out of a mass of ethnic groups, Balkan, Greek, Bulgars, Tatar, Georgian, Chechen, Chuvash, Macedonian, Circassian, Armenian, Kurds they managed to make uber-nationalistic Turkey with their own brand "Turkey". Despite Turks sharing amazing similarity to Greeks the Turks have a clear identity as "Turks" unlike our lot who dance around with Desi food, Asian dress, Muslim culture, Pakistan Army, South Asian, Indian etc with identities jumping around.

I have a love-hate relations with Turkey and Turks in general but I give props unlike the Iranians,Arabs they managed to become a successful G20 nation and Modern Muslim state well that came at the cost all regional cultures were practically killed off Greek,Armenian,Kurd,Georgian etc to form a coherent nation state Turkey is probably the only country where its nationalism is mainly civic nationalist

btw Erdogan is of Laz/Georgian decent
1603319985044.png

Last edited:
But I respect the Turks for one thing. Out of a mass of ethnic groups, Balkan, Greek, Bulgars, Tatar, Georgian, Chechen, Chuvash, Macedonian, Circassian, Armenian, Kurds they managed to make uber-nationalistic Turkey with their own brand "Turkey". Despite Turks sharing amazing similarity to Greeks the Turks have a clear identity as "Turks" unlike our lot who dance around with Desi food, Asian dress, Muslim culture, Pakistan Army, South Asian, Indian etc with identities jumping around.

Don’t get me started on these “ we are one “ clowns.
One silver lining of Modi was he and his Sanghi followers in Bollywood soon sent our so called celebrities packing. Now they sit in Pakistan with the look of a donkey’s backside, whilst we laugh and say “told you so”.

Our food is branded as desi or Indian, our culture Asian, our dress code Indian etc etc please don't deny the obvious.

Some idiotic Pakistanis have the tendencies to do that. The same kind @waz pointed out in his post (#48).

You need to stop spending time with them. :D

The rest is just marketing. Pakistanis fail at marketing their product but it's getting better. Indians on the other hand..........they'll claim your land, your family and your shoes if it benefits them.

I also love Turkey and was in Istanbul in August. I find my political, social outlook mostly resonates with your average Turk. However I fear Pakistani's and Turks are slowly on paths that are diverging and over time a gulf will become apparent. It actually already exists but because of limited people to people exchanges it has not manifested itself. Here is the reasons.

Turkey is everything Pakistan is not. Where they turned left Pakistan turned right.
Turkey is a profoundly secular state and so are the people. Even the moderatly Islamist AKP remains a secular state. In Istanbul you will see a Turkish girl drunk wqearing a miniskirt walking along a street opposite a mosque with hijab wearing ladies. Alcohol is openly sold. Indeed the adverts for alcohol [expensive wines etc] were everywhere in the new huge Istanbul airport. Nightlife is major industry in Istanbul. The new generation of Turks have little differance and gravitate more towards Ukrainans, Bulgarians, Germans, Isreali's other Turkic people like Azerbaiijabni etc then Pakistani's. What I am saying is Turks are just a Western people compared to Pakiostani's.

This reality is most apparent when you see how Pakistani's addicted to the Turkish Ertuigrul get a shock when they find the stars no differant to Western stars then anything else and then their confused comments on twitter about how they are not Islamic. Fact is majority of the younger generation of Turks are like that. I saw that close up front.

View attachment 681569

Then there is political factor. Turkey remains integral to NATO and USA. Turkey is part of the Western spear. Also even Erdogan's Turkey retains links with Israel. The recent war in Azerbaian has shown how much Israeli influence plays a role in Turkic nations. Lot of the weapons in that war are Israeli supplied.

Furthermore most Turks despise China who we ragard as a messiah. It's important to note Turkish relationships are not premised on Islam but strategic or ethnic. So far instance they are crazy about pan Turan movement including Uighurs because of Turkic blood. On the other hand they despise Saudia Arabia etc.

I might be wrong but this is my informed view and the sudden departure of most Turks from PDF is merely a precusor of the future and a idea in which direction the wind is blowing. Never forget the Turkish Republic is SECULAR. Ataturk is their god. Pakistan is opposite of that. Note I am a member of certain Turkish forum.

This is a light-hearted thread, meant for Turks and those who appreciate Turk culture.

Please take your discussions elsewhere.
@waz @The Eagle @AgNoStiC MuSliM can you guys thread-ban Indus and Valar?

Give a Pakistani two options to eat Med dishes that are good tasty and healthy like Adana Kebab,Plov or spicy up Briyani

They will pick Briyani

Give a American or Brit healthy tasty Med. food or boiled mashed potatoes with gravy....he'll pick the mashed potatoes...

It's not an issue of intelligence but cultural identity...
This is a light-hearted thread,

Right? People need to read the thread title. Most don't though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Assalam alaikum wrwb, günaydın, nasılsın?

I noticed that we do not have a thread for Turkish members and pro-Turkish members to exchange light-hearted conversations. This is my attempt at this.

The aim of this thread is to bring together Turks from all over the world: Turkey, Balkans, Mediterranean, Caucasus, Central Asia, etc. and also friends of Turkey, admirers of Turkish culture, supporters of the Turkish military and state.

I ask Mods to please keep this thread free of trolling. Members, please report instances to Moderation directly and do not reply to provocateurs.

This thread is an effort to bring back the Turkish presence to PDF. Please tag and bring all Turks and friends of Turks here. Teşekkür ederim

View attachment 681498

@MMM-E @Turcici Imperium @Turan09 @PakAlp @Hassan Al-Somal @Musings @PAKISTANFOREVER @raahaat7 @Hakikat ve Hikmet @waz @masterchief_mirza @Mamluk @TNT @21st Century Vampire @Verve @Dalit @Iltutmish @ghazi52 @Mirzah @PakFactor @peagle @Itachi
View attachment 681500
Very beautiful efforts Brother

Our food is branded as desi or Indian, our culture Asian, our dress code Indian etc etc please don't deny the obvious.

Calling "desi", surely that is a treat within the linguistic makeup of the Punjabi language and incorporated into Urdu, it has nothing to do with rejection of something else. Indians have been good at purposely manufacturing certain identities, but there are sound reasons for that. I won't go into because this is not the right thread for it.

We use Asian culture or Pakistani culture terms interchangeably without any negative meaning, the fact is the world associates South Asian culture with Indian culture. They took the name India, although Jinnah sahib did not want them too, that is why lot of things are referred to as Indian. It is the historical association, but because Hindustan took the name India, we are at where we are.

Sorry, won't touch this subject again, here. This is about Pakistan and Turkey.

Give a American or Brit healthy taste Med. food or boiled mashed potatoes with gravy....he'll pick the mashed potatoes...

It's not an issue of intelligence but cultural identity...

Right? People need to read the thread title. Most don't though. :rolleyes:

These people have an agenda to derail the thread.
@waz @The Eagle @AgNoStiC MuSliM can one of you threadban Yankeestani?

Thanks.

This thread is for light-hearted banter and love between Turks and supporters of Turks.

We don't need spoilers here.
Calling "desi", surely that is a treat within the linguistic makeup of the Punjabi language and incorporated into Urdu, it has nothing to do with rejection of something else. Indians have been good at purposely manufacturing certain identities, but there are sound reasons for that. I won't go into because this is not the right thread for it.

We use Asian culture or Pakistani culture terms interchangeably without any negative meaning, the fact is the world associates South Asian culture with Indian culture. They took the name India, although Jinnah sahib did not want them too, that is why lot of things are referred to as Indian. It is the historical association, but because Hindustan took the name India, we are at where we are.

Sorry, won't touch this subject again, here. This is about Pakistan and Turkey.

Reply to these guys in Whatever ot another thread, please leave this thread for its purpose.

thanks bhai, I always appreciate you.

Very beautiful efforts Brother

Thanks brother. Please show your patriotism and your love. We support Turks and Azerbaycan 100%.

We have Muslim brothers all over the world, but with Turks, we are blood brothers. We felt the same pain, we felt the same defeats, and together we celebrate our victories.

If there is an Ummah today, it is only Turkey, Azerbaycan, and Pakistan.

We, all three, are free of racism and sectarian poison. Our hearts are open to all.

Yet if you poke one of our eyes out, all three us will fight together to defend the honor of our blood brother.

You do understand that Ertgural had higher ratings in Pakistan than in Turkey

It's a better than GoT, offers a fresh unseen perspective for the Pakistani and worldwide audiences. The marketing of the show is great (PM Imran Khan tweeted about it). Why wouldn't the ratings be higher?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom