What's new

Friends of Turkey: A light-hearted thread.

I also love Turkey and was in Istanbul in August. I find my political, social outlook mostly resonates with your average Turk. However I fear Pakistani's and Turks are slowly on paths that are diverging and over time a gulf will become apparent. It actually already exists but because of limited people to people exchanges it has not manifested itself. Here is the reasons.

Turkey is everything Pakistan is not. Where they turned left Pakistan turned right.
Turkey is a profoundly secular state and so are the people. Even the moderatly Islamist AKP remains a secular state. In Istanbul you will see a Turkish girl drunk wqearing a miniskirt walking along a street opposite a mosque with hijab wearing ladies. Alcohol is openly sold. Indeed the adverts for alcohol [expensive wines etc] were everywhere in the new huge Istanbul airport. Nightlife is major industry in Istanbul. The new generation of Turks have little differance and gravitate more towards Ukrainans, Bulgarians, Germans, Isreali's other Turkic people like Azerbaiijabni etc then Pakistani's. What I am saying is Turks are just a Western people compared to Pakiostani's.

This reality is most apparent when you see how Pakistani's addicted to the Turkish Ertuigrul get a shock when they find the stars no differant to Western stars then anything else and then their confused comments on twitter about how they are not Islamic. Fact is majority of the younger generation of Turks are like that. I saw that close up front.

1603313869790.png

Then there is political factor. Turkey remains integral to NATO and USA. Turkey is part of the Western spear. Also even Erdogan's Turkey retains links with Israel. The recent war in Azerbaian has shown how much Israeli influence plays a role in Turkic nations. Lot of the weapons in that war are Israeli supplied.

Furthermore most Turks despise China who we ragard as a messiah. It's important to note Turkish relationships are not premised on Islam but strategic or ethnic. So far instance they are crazy about pan Turan movement including Uighurs because of Turkic blood. On the other hand they despise Saudia Arabia etc.

I might be wrong but this is my informed view and the sudden departure of most Turks from PDF is merely a precusor of the future and a idea in which direction the wind is blowing. Never forget the Turkish Republic is SECULAR. Ataturk is their god. Pakistan is opposite of that. Note I am a member of certain Turkish forum.

Assalam alaikum wrwb, günaydın, nasılsın?

I noticed that we do not have a thread for Turkish members and pro-Turkish members to exchange light-hearted conversations. This is my attempt at this.

The aim of this thread is to bring together Turks from all over the world: Turkey, Balkans, Mediterranean, Caucasus, Central Asia, etc. and also friends of Turkey, admirers of Turkish culture, supporters of the Turkish military and state.

I ask Mods to please keep this thread free of trolling. Members, please report instances to Moderation directly and do not reply to provocateurs.

This thread is an effort to bring back the Turkish presence to PDF. Please tag and bring all Turks and friends of Turks here. Teşekkür ederim

View attachment 681498

@MMM-E @Turcici Imperium @Turan09 @PakAlp @Hassan Al-Somal @Musings @PAKISTANFOREVER @raahaat7 @Hakikat ve Hikmet @waz @masterchief_mirza @Mamluk @TNT @21st Century Vampire @Verve @Dalit @Iltutmish @ghazi52 @Mirzah @PakFactor @peagle @Itachi
View attachment 681500

I’m here representing!

Assalam alaikum wrwb, günaydın, nasılsın?

I noticed that we do not have a thread for Turkish members and pro-Turkish members to exchange light-hearted conversations. This is my attempt at this.

The aim of this thread is to bring together Turks from all over the world: Turkey, Balkans, Mediterranean, Caucasus, Central Asia, etc. and also friends of Turkey, admirers of Turkish culture, supporters of the Turkish military and state.

I ask Mods to please keep this thread free of trolling. Members, please report instances to Moderation directly and do not reply to provocateurs.

This thread is an effort to bring back the Turkish presence to PDF. Please tag and bring all Turks and friends of Turks here. Teşekkür ederim

View attachment 681498

@MMM-E @Turcici Imperium @Turan09 @PakAlp @Hassan Al-Somal @Musings @PAKISTANFOREVER @raahaat7 @Hakikat ve Hikmet @waz @masterchief_mirza @Mamluk @TNT @21st Century Vampire @Verve @Dalit @Iltutmish @ghazi52 @Mirzah @PakFactor @peagle @Itachi
View attachment 681500

I highly appreciate this thread but a lot of Turks were banned this year and need to be unbanned for them to participate.

But, let me do my part to attract attention to this thread. @T-123456 add more Turks here!

Banned....exactly my point. :lol:

I also love Turkey and was in Istanbul in August. I find my political, social outlook mostly resonates with your average Turk. However I fear Pakistani's and Turks are slowly on paths that are diverging and over time a gulf will become apparent. It actually already exists but because of limited people to people exchanges it has not manifested itself. Here is the reasons.

Turkey is everything Pakistan is not. Where they turned left Pakistan turned right.
Turkey is a profoundly secular state and so are the people. Even the moderatly Islamist AKP remains a secular state. In Istanbul you will see a Turkish girl drunk wqearing a miniskirt walking along a street opposite a mosque with hijab wearing ladies. Alcohol is openly sold. Indeed the adverts for alcohol [expensive wines etc] were everywhere in the new huge Istanbul airport. Nightlife is major industry in Istanbul. The new generation of Turks have little differance and gravitate more towards Ukrainans, Bulgarians, Germans, Isreali's other Turkic people like Azerbaiijabni etc then Pakistani's. What I am saying is Turks are just a Western people compared to Pakiostani's.

This reality is most apparent when you see how Pakistani's addicted to the Turkish Ertuigrul get a shock when they find the stars no differant to Western stars then anything else and then their confused comments on twitter about how they are not Islamic. Fact is majority of the younger generation of Turks are like that. I saw that close up front.

View attachment 681569

Then there is political factor. Turkey remains integral to NATO and USA. Turkey is part of the Western spear. Also even Erdogan's Turkey retains links with Israel. The recent war in Azerbaian has shown how much Israeli influence plays a role in Turkic nations. Lot of the weapons in that war are Israeli supplied.

Furthermore most Turks despise China who we ragard as a messiah. It's important to note Turkish relationships are not premised on Islam but strategic or ethnic. So far instance they are crazy about pan Turan movement including Uighurs because of Turkic blood. On the other hand they despise Saudia Arabia etc.

I might be wrong but this is my informed view and the sudden departure of most Turks from PDF is merely a precusor of the future and a idea in which direction the wind is blowing. Never forget the Turkish Republic is SECULAR. Ataturk is their god. Pakistan is opposite of that. Note I am a member of certain Turkish forum.

Very well explained,
I would have to agree with you 100%.

Actually, I think Pakistan was meant to turn out like Turkey, somewhere along the way we took a different path. My only hope is, there is always time to make adjustments, it is never too late, never say never.

Very well explained,

Actually, I think Pakistan was meant to turn out like Turkey, somewhere along the way we took a different path. My only hope is, there is always time to make adjustments, it is never too late, never say never.

Turkey never had India or Afghanistan next to it...

Greece fears Turkey. Being born in adversity changes you and in case of Pakistan, it did for the better.

Very well explained,

If wishes were fishes we would all swim in riches.

Turkey never had India or Afghanistan next to it...

Greece fears Turkey. Being born in adversity changes you and in case of Pakistan, it did for the better.

I understand, and agree with the reasons and the cause of our adjustments. But, like I said, times change, situations change, and we have grown from being a new nation, to being a proud mature nation.

We still have far to go, but, we are sufficiently confident to draw our own path now. I am hoping for another adjustment, it need not be secularism of western type, as I do not believe our society is suited for that, but there is a lot of space between where we are, and west secularism, we need to occupy that middle ground.

If wishes were fishes we would all swim in riches.

I feel blessed, being a child of Muhammad and Jinnah, they make me proud, and gave me an identity that I hold dear to my heart.

They did not teach me to give up, to lose hope. So, I am hoping.
Good food is needed after this ....

I remember a night in a club in Brussels, way back, missed a catch, that still haunts me lol

Although I made amends in Prague and Berlin :p:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom