What's new

French special forces on the ground in Yemen

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
PARIS (Reuters) - French special forces are present on the ground in Yemen with forces from the United Arab Emirates, French newspaper Le Figaro reported on Saturday, citing two military sources.

The newspaper gave no further information about their activities. The Defence Ministry was not immediately available for comment, but its usual policy is not to comment on special forces’ operations.

A French parliamentary source recently told Reuters French special forces were in Yemen.

Forces from an Arab alliance entered the airport in Yemen’s main port city on Saturday, in the biggest battle of the coalition’s war against the Iran-aligned Houthi movement.

The French Defence Ministry said on Friday that France was studying the possibility of carrying out a mine-sweeping operation to provide access to the port of Hodeidah once the coalition had wrapped up its military operations.

The ministry stressed that France at this stage had no military operations in the Hodeidah region and was not part of the Saudi-led coalition.

France, along with the United States and Britain, backs the Arab coalition in the Yemen conflict and provides weapons to both Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...n-the-ground-in-yemen-le-figaro-idUSKBN1JC099

French are not the only one there are UK and US forces as well.

@The SC

No they aren't and this news is intended to demonize your country by making it appear like whole West + Israel are fighting alongside Saudi Arabia. I'm surprised that didn't even pass your head?

No they aren't and this news is intended to demonize your country by making it appear like whole West + Israel are fighting alongside Saudi Arabia. I'm surprised that didn't even pass your head?

The source is reuters

They are there don't bank the News advise him not to post such News.

The source is reuters

Which is quoting the French source. There are no Western forces in Yemen. Not many Saudi/UAE troops either, it's mostly Yemeni's armed by them from the southern towns.

It wouldn't make a difference for me if the news is true by the way, I think the war is bad and both sides aren't innocent. But the report was denied in Arab media, and from what I'm observing it's mostly recently trained Yemeni's doing the coalition led ground operations and they don't seem that organized tbh ....

When Saudis said they are going to buy S-400 what do you think made Saudis back track? It was a threat to west help us take Hodeida or we go to Russia so west is there.

Providing intelligence does not mean there are ground forces deployed partaking in combat. Even then, however, Bernie Sanders is relying on reports in the media. I've seen recent reports that US denied UAE intelligence for this recent operation. What I'm positive of is there are no Western ground forces taking part in combat against Houthi's. There might be US special forces doing occasional missions against AQAP.

Providing intelligence does not mean there are ground forces deployed partaking in combat. Even then, however, Bernie Sanders is relying on reports in the media. I've seen recent reports that US denied UAE intelligence for this recent operation. What I'm positive of is there are no Western ground forces taking part in combat against Houthi's. There might be US special forces doing occasional missions against AQAP.

That is the problem my friend that sitting US senator is relying on media and your statement is more credible. Look they are asking pentagon to open up on their involvement in Yemen and USA has denied intelligence after the Bernie and Mike lee inquiry. The US public sees this war as a war crime on the Yemeni civilians and they are against it and Trump don't wants any involvement in it. Pentagon has to submit report and every thing will be open even the use of Israeli jets.

^^^

I'm gonna ignore this guy above me but I hope you see why you shouldn't have published faulty reports that aren't confirmed @The SC

^^^

I'm gonna ignore this guy above me but I hope you see why you shouldn't have published faulty reports that aren't confirmed @The SC

Here is a more familiar source for you.
French special forces on the ground in Yemen
https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20180616-french-special-forces-on-the-ground-in-yemen/

Come on man what difference does it make who kills them French Sudanese or Somalians or Emirates or Saudis does it matter?

Here is an even better source it says Arab News.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1322766/middle-east

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if the news turns out to be true. Without western boots these good for nothing Arab warriors will be crushed like mosquitoes.

Utter disregard of civilian lives by saudis is just so sad. Remember the wedding they bombed right in the middle of the city killing hundreds. But what else can you expect with americans providing intelligence and playing advisory role.

Saudis will starve yemenis into submission once they take over hodeida port. I am glad we didn't participate in this war. It was a great decision.

Arab world is devouring itself. Its just so sad and depressing as a muslim.

soon these forces will out saudi kings and will also capture saudia

U.S.-backed Saudi coalition airstrike allegedly hits Yemen wedding

Much like Americans. These are the descendants of those, who couldn't defeat Fakhri Pasha in Medina and their present with Arabs and Muslims.

How could one be proud of these?

@The SC

I have no doubt that people like you deserve an Israel.
-----
This is my last post on forum.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom