What's new

France Tightens Controls on Chinese Investment to Protect Tech

and u are their Chiwawa.... if USA stop importing from China ...China collaps...
if thats the case, they'd being doing that long time ago, since we are not their kind``but, well, history will never go the direction that dump, ignorant and stereotyped people would believe````anyway, West now becomes the biggest buyer of China's high tech end products and also has the biggest number of China's foregin country granted industrial patents```so yes, that French president as ignorant and stereotyped as most of you lot```

the world order has started turning, but ignorant people dwelling in a well still have no clue of it

upload_2018-1-15_16-22-35.png

China needs more market protection efforts. There is room for development in this regard.

SP12, on the other hand, is so protectionist, yet, they suffer from trade imbalance. I guess it is not merely about protectionism, but also intelligence, strategy, efficiency and vision.

Last edited:
Good news, Chinese capital should be investing more in domestic hi-tech industries rather than foreign companies, sometimes our impatient investors should be reminded to allocate more resources to nurture local talents.

Good news, Chinese capital should be investing more in domestic hi-tech industries rather than foreign companies, sometimes our impatient investors should be reminded to allocate more resources to nurture local talents.

Yes, I do not complain actually. Money staying in China and in the region in general is better. We have an OBOR to do.

But, hey @f22 raptor, your population dividend SP12 is very protectionist, yet, it suffers from trade deficit. How come?

What are you guys doing wrong?

Yes, I do not complain actually. Money staying in China and in the region in general is better. We have an OBOR to do.

But, hey @f22 raptor, your population dividend SP12 is very protectionist, yet, it suffers from trade deficit. How come?

What are you guys doing wrong?

In this matter we have to thanks france to put a stop on our capital to flow out of our country, it helps our govt saves a load of effort to intervene and halt capital flocking into western countries to develop their hi-tech industries and talents.

In this matter we have to thanks france to put a stop on our capital to flow out of our country, it helps our govt saves a load of effort to intervene and halt capital flocking into western countries to develop their hi-tech industries and talents.

France is doing great. It is the epitome of a successful multicultural society. The world is so broad and opportunities are so for those who know how to grab them, France closing its doors to investment from China would not necessarily be felt too much.

That would, at most, hurt French wine companies under monetary stress because, after all, that's the only high tech they offer that we know of and would be interested in.

But SP12 is amazinomous. As @f22 raptor frequently says, his country has a clear population dividend and commands impressive IT technology. Furthermore, judging by the chart I shared above, they are also protecting their market much more fiercely than China does.

Yet, SP12 suffers from trade deficit and loses home market to foreign industries whenever it lets one in.

Wonderful.

France is doing great. It is the epitome of a successful multicultural society. The world is so broad and opportunities are so for those who know how to grab them, France closing its doors to investment from China would not necessarily be felt too much.

That would, at most, hurt French wine companies under monetary stress because, after all, that's the only high tech they offer that we know of and would be interested in.

But SP12 is amazinomous. As @f22 raptor frequently says, his country has a clear population dividend and commands impressive IT technology. Furthermore, judging by the chart I shared above, they are also protecting their market much more fiercely than China does.

Yet, SP12 suffers from trade deficit and loses home market to foreign industries whenever it lets one in.

Wonderful.

We are living in 21st century, population dividend doesn't work as well as it used to be, india simply is using the outdated method for their development. Cavalry used to be the king of battlefield, try to build an entire army made of cavalry and bet everything on them in the WW2 and let see how well such army fare.

IT is definitely a gold industry in the information era, too bad it is also a very fragile industry. If india truly wanna become a superpower instead of western slave camp they need to bet on some other industry that is not so fragile like IT.

So far China has proofen NOTHING... you are just a big country and the world see you as what you are... copy kings... show me a single chinese development milestone that moved the human world forward developt in the last 10 years.... I am waiting... and dont come up with somethinng that already exist since years and you belive do it better, I want to see new ideas not improved or cheap copys

LOL! I have been saying that for years!
They have spent Billions trading their traditional society for one mirrored on Western design. Think of all the equipment they have used to dig hundreds of tunnels, build tarred highways, build skyscrapers, etc. After all that use where are all the new tech breakthroughs which should have occurred while doing it all? I would have expected something to supersede the jackhammer, cement truck, forklift, rivet gun, blow torch, nail gun, etc.

Yet for all the Western tech they have used they seem to have changed its basic design very little. They still use our basic elevators, escalators, watches, ballpoint pens, paperclips, cigarette lighters, synthetic fiber clothes, hair dryers, electric toothbrushes, tooth amalgams, braces, eye glasses, contact lenses, dry cleaning, zippers, staplers, snaps, plastic, LED bulbs, lithium batteries, computers, video games, internet, OS's, telephones, cell phones, digital photography, air conditioners, humidifiers, air purifiers, microwaves, refrigerators, washing machines, tractors, combines, synthetic fertilizers, MRI's, X-Ray machines, Ultrasound, vaccines, AC/DC power, gasoline engines, jet engines, solar panels, hydroelectric, nuclear power, wind turbines, etc. The list is endless.

Do you know the bicycle is also a Western import? After selling hundreds of millions have they even improved its brakes or stupid rear chain sprocket gearing?

How about at least a new door hinge design?
At least at a minimum a new fastener type or screw which we'd all be adopting?

If they solve the nuclear fusion problem they are going to claim fusion electrical power was their idea! Lol!

I will give them credit for AliPay. Good job of using Japan's QR code tech for monetary transactions. We were using it since 1994 for lots of other stuff but you got us on that one.

Truth is hard to swallow,but China is famous for stealing tech,reverse engineering and making cheap copies....

Last edited:
We are living in 21st century, population dividend doesn't work as well as it used to be, india simply is using the outdated method for their development. Cavalry used to be the king of battlefield, try to build an entire army made of cavalry and bet everything on them in the WW2 and let see how well such army fare.

IT is definitely a gold industry in the information era, too bad it is also a very fragile industry. If india truly wanna become a superpower instead of western slave camp they need to bet on some other industry that is not so fragile like IT.

SP12 is amazing, indeed, because it protects as hell but still suffers from chronic deficits.

Something must be terribly wrong.

Any idea @f22 raptor? Why SP12 is like that?

As for France, they have strength in food industry and fashion, for sure.

Embattled French dairy chief breaks silence over salmonella scare

2018-01-14

The chief executive of France's Lactalis group on Sunday vowed compensation for victims of salmonella-tainted baby milk as he revealed that recalls were now underway in 83 countries.

Giving his first interview in nearly 20 years, Emmanuel Besnier, who heads the family-controlled company, told the Journal du Dimanche newspaper that the recall involved more than 12 million packages of Picot, Milumel, Celia and other brands of powdered baby milk.

"We are going to draw the lessons from this crisis and set out an even stricter hygiene framework, in collaboration with the authorities," he said.

Asked why he had not publicly addressed parents' concerns as worries about the outbreak intensified, Besnier said: "It's true, by nature I'm not very forthcoming."

"In a crisis like this, we act first, and perhaps I didn't take the necessary time to explain things."

A total of 37 babies have fallen ill in France, health authorities said late Friday, along with a case in Spain and a suspected case in Greece, but Besnier said no new cases had been reported since December 8, a week after the recall was announced.

"The case in Spain goes back to October," he added, referring to the two cases outside France reported Friday by the Eurosurveillance medical journal.

6134ed88-bf89-4211-8f27-33ed2138d24f.jpg

So far, a total of 37 babies have fallen ill in France after consuming Lactalis baby formula or other infant products. /AFP Photo

Besnier's interview included two of the first public photographs of the secretive leader in years, at the Lactalis headquarters in Laval, western France.

It came after finance minister Bruno Le Maire summoned Besnier to a meeting over the crisis Friday, in which the chief executive agreed to pull from store and pharmacy shelves all products from the Craon factory where the outbreak was found, instead of those dating back to February.

But Besnier did not appear with Le Maire at a press conference after the meeting, despite calls by several government officials for him to face the public.

'Not hiding things'

Hundreds of lawsuits have been filed against the group by families who say their children got salmonella poisoning after drinking powdered milk made by the company.

But Besnier, 47, denied claims by an association of victims' families that Lactalis had lied about the dates and number of stocks affected by the salmonella outbreak.

"This is false. I don't know what this claim is based on," he said.

"At no point was there any intention of hiding things."

e0c35819-028a-45a3-aea2-61620ccc2f11.jpg

French government said there had been a "major malfunction" in the way Lactalis handled the recall. /AFP Photo

Besnier defended, however, not informing the authorities that internal tests had discovered salmonella on a broom and on the tiles of a dehydration tower at the Craon factory in August and November last year.

"For us, these 'environment' tests are an alert to make sure we keep the bacteria far from the product," he said, adding that authorities would have been alerted only if bacteria were found in the powdered milk.

Created in 1933 by Besnier's grandfather, Lactalis has become an industry behemoth with annual sales of some 17 billion euros (20.6 billion US dollars), making it the world's third-largest dairy group, behind Danone and Nestle.

The salmonella scare has cast a harsh spotlight on an executive and a company little known to the public, despite employing 15,000 people in France, where milk and cheese are proudly considered part of the country's heritage.

Analysts say the crisis could dent the company's reputation among anxious parents worldwide.

"This recall may undermine consumer trust in milk formula brands produced using milk from French farms in the emerging markets affected by the recall, which includes China," said Raphael Moreau, a senior analyst at Euromonitor.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/3263544e78677a6333566d54/share_p.html

SP12 is amazing, indeed, because it protects as hell but still suffers from chronic deficits.

Something must be terribly wrong.

Any idea @f22 raptor? Why SP12 is like that?

As for France, they have strength in food industry and fashion, for sure.

Embattled French dairy chief breaks silence over salmonella scare

2018-01-14

The chief executive of France's Lactalis group on Sunday vowed compensation for victims of salmonella-tainted baby milk as he revealed that recalls were now underway in 83 countries.

Giving his first interview in nearly 20 years, Emmanuel Besnier, who heads the family-controlled company, told the Journal du Dimanche newspaper that the recall involved more than 12 million packages of Picot, Milumel, Celia and other brands of powdered baby milk.

"We are going to draw the lessons from this crisis and set out an even stricter hygiene framework, in collaboration with the authorities," he said.

Asked why he had not publicly addressed parents' concerns as worries about the outbreak intensified, Besnier said: "It's true, by nature I'm not very forthcoming."

"In a crisis like this, we act first, and perhaps I didn't take the necessary time to explain things."

A total of 37 babies have fallen ill in France, health authorities said late Friday, along with a case in Spain and a suspected case in Greece, but Besnier said no new cases had been reported since December 8, a week after the recall was announced.

"The case in Spain goes back to October," he added, referring to the two cases outside France reported Friday by the Eurosurveillance medical journal.

6134ed88-bf89-4211-8f27-33ed2138d24f.jpg

So far, a total of 37 babies have fallen ill in France after consuming Lactalis baby formula or other infant products. /AFP Photo

Besnier's interview included two of the first public photographs of the secretive leader in years, at the Lactalis headquarters in Laval, western France.

It came after finance minister Bruno Le Maire summoned Besnier to a meeting over the crisis Friday, in which the chief executive agreed to pull from store and pharmacy shelves all products from the Craon factory where the outbreak was found, instead of those dating back to February.

But Besnier did not appear with Le Maire at a press conference after the meeting, despite calls by several government officials for him to face the public.

'Not hiding things'

Hundreds of lawsuits have been filed against the group by families who say their children got salmonella poisoning after drinking powdered milk made by the company.

But Besnier, 47, denied claims by an association of victims' families that Lactalis had lied about the dates and number of stocks affected by the salmonella outbreak.

"This is false. I don't know what this claim is based on," he said.

"At no point was there any intention of hiding things."

e0c35819-028a-45a3-aea2-61620ccc2f11.jpg

French government said there had been a "major malfunction" in the way Lactalis handled the recall. /AFP Photo

Besnier defended, however, not informing the authorities that internal tests had discovered salmonella on a broom and on the tiles of a dehydration tower at the Craon factory in August and November last year.

"For us, these 'environment' tests are an alert to make sure we keep the bacteria far from the product," he said, adding that authorities would have been alerted only if bacteria were found in the powdered milk.

Created in 1933 by Besnier's grandfather, Lactalis has become an industry behemoth with annual sales of some 17 billion euros (20.6 billion US dollars), making it the world's third-largest dairy group, behind Danone and Nestle.

The salmonella scare has cast a harsh spotlight on an executive and a company little known to the public, despite employing 15,000 people in France, where milk and cheese are proudly considered part of the country's heritage.

Analysts say the crisis could dent the company's reputation among anxious parents worldwide.

"This recall may undermine consumer trust in milk formula brands produced using milk from French farms in the emerging markets affected by the recall, which includes China," said Raphael Moreau, a senior analyst at Euromonitor.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/3263544e78677a6333566d54/share_p.html

Listing all food and sanitary scandals in China would take at least few pages.

The main difference between your country and mine is that over here,the common man can sue the all powerful of this country without fearing any consequences.

Over here,your power and your money cannot corrupt the justice. Over here,the common man can even sue the state (and win!) without fearing consequences and "misteriously disappearing".

and u are their Chiwawa.... if USA stop importing from China ...China collaps...

Not sure about that, since the American have not done anything about that despite of all the screaming.

And by your definition, then germany is China's underage female version of chiwawa, all their auto (which is only industry left in your country btw) depend on China's market to make a profit from bankruptcy.

So far China has proofen NOTHING... you are just a big country and the world see you as what you are... copy kings... show me a single chinese development milestone that moved the human world forward developt in the last 10 years.... I am waiting... and dont come up with somethinng that already exist since years and you belive do it better, I want to see new ideas not improved or cheap copys

I am not sure about that, but one thing I am quite sure is, by your definition, germany definitely contribute ZERO.

Truth is hard to swallow,but China is famous for stealing tech,reverse engineering and making cheap copies....

Dont worry, China dont need to waste their time copying anything from France, and the things China "copied" from Americans are most likely invented by Chinese "Americans" funded by Chinese money anyway, so just relax.

And the even harder truth is that China can not only make things cheaper than you, but also have better quality as well, the recent UK railways rains/German low-speed trains are just most recent fine examples that thing you are capable of: doing things worse and costing alot of more.

So its pretty cheap shot to accusing China of "copying", as if you have anything worth China copy from to begin with.

The only country who have some postion to make such accusation is US, but since the reason I stated above, the US only have a half-assed reason to make such accusation anyway.

Last edited:
Listing all food and sanitary scandals in China would take at least few pages.

The main difference between your country and mine is that over here,the common man can sue the all powerful of this country without fearing any consequences.

Over here,your power and your money cannot corrupt the justice. Over here,the common man can even sue the state (and win!) without fearing consequences and "misteriously disappearing".

The main difference is that your country is a colonizer and responsible for the death of countless people and stealing of their resources; hence, development.

China is a developing country with a big land and population, and does not claim any moral superiority.

France, however, has responsibility to allow more immigrants from previously-colonized lands.

The main difference is that your country is a colonizer and responsible for the death of countless people and stealing of their resources; hence, development.

China is a developing country with a big land and population, and does not claim any moral superiority.

France, however, has responsibility to allow more immigrants from previously-colonized lands.

Ach.

- They start to use your country's (or even society) horrible parts of history to somehow try to prove their point

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom