What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

Why Pakistan will discuss for a deal with France when they can get better systems from China and other sources?? French offered stuff is outdated in today's tech world.
More like well played France. You guys underestimated cleverness of arms industry and may I say overestimated your influence on such deals.

The French have always sold to both sides. This is what they are good at. May be they say take the Rafale (though PAF might not opt)

Good for them.:)
You guys living in which fancy world? Name it, I am coming too. Seems good.

Can you plz explain a little that how their stuff is outdated? thanks.

The stuff when they offered (for example RC-400 MSA Radar) were relevant at that time because China was not in position to offer good quality radar as per PAF needs now they are offering AESA radar and lot more goodies on par with west tech and if PAF take right path they can also get EODAS tailored for JF-17 only engine is issue for Chinese now but it is also not big one for Pakistan as Russia is ready to sell those directly to Pakistan and also offering upgraded version too.

Also Pakistan can buy AESA from other EU vendors too which have similar or better tech then French.

I don't believe its outdated although not the top of the line stuff but still good enough and as we were discussing that chinese are as always offering systems with TOT but they are not matured enough as french systems are !!

Do you know what kind of systems Chinese have deployed since 2000?? they are the fastest growing tech military US could fear, they are the only ones who will be able to challenge US directly even EU combined can't do that. They are fielding advance EW systems including AESA radar rapidly and even EODAS on J-20, which they are the only 2nd country to have.

You guys living in which fancy world? Name it, I am coming too. Seems good.

I don't live in fancy dreams. Will you like to buy RC-400 MSA radar when you can have AESA with TOT??

The stuff when they offered (for example RC-400 MSA Radar) were relevant at that time because China was not in position to offer good quality radar as per PAF needs now they are offering AESA radar and lot more goodies on par with west tech and if PAF take right path they can also get EODAS tailored for JF-17 only engine is issue for Chinese now but it is also not big one for Pakistan as Russia is ready to sell those directly to Pakistan and also offering upgraded version too.

Also Pakistan can buy AESA from other EU vendors too which have similar or better tech then French.

They have one very good gadget and thats SPECTRA, but i dont think they will be willing to sell it to pakistan. And if somehow we get EODAS from china then that will be one of the best things ever happened to jf17. Yes aesa radar can be bought from other countries also (if they are willing to sell it to us)

Do you know what kind of systems Chinese have deployed since 2000?? they are the fastest growing tech military US could fear, they are the only ones who will be able to challenge US directly even EU combined can't do that. They are fielding advance EW systems including AESA radar rapidly and even EODAS on J-20, which they are the only 2nd country to have

if that was the case why did PAK went to the french in the first place i mean the guys who are working on this project know something which we don't thats why they preferred french avionics over chinese right ???? and about EODAS can that be used on JF-17 thunder project ???

if that was the case why did PAK went to the french in the first place i mean the guys who are working on this project know something which we don't thats why they preferred french avionics over chinese right ???? and about EODAS can that be used on JF-17 thunder project ???

Yes EODAS can be tailor made for JF-17 as bird have to go for few modification but it will be worth it.

The time Pakistan went for those avionics China could not offered good radar specially and engine, the french could offer RC-400 MSA radar and engine, but now as I have said it before its not needed.

There is no official link of confirmation from any credible media house or govt. that PAF is going for French avionics and if they are going for those then it will be totally new package which is not possible due to Indian Rafale deal.

Yes EODAS can be tailor made for JF-17 as bird have to go for few modification but it will be worth it.

The time Pakistan went for those avionics China could not offered good radar specially and engine, the french could offer RC-400 MSA radar and engine, but now as I have said it before its not needed.

There is no official link of confirmation from any credible media house or govt. that PAF is going for French avionics and if they are going for those then it will be totally new package which is not possible due to Indian Rafale deal.

but question turns out to be will the chinese offer something which is only built by them and US and used on there frontline fighters only (j-20 and f-35) ???:what::undecided:

but question turns out to be will the chinese offer something which is only built by them and US and used on there frontline fighters only (j-20 and f-35) ???:what::undecided:

yes they will offer (bit downgrade version but it must be very capable too) it to Pakistan as it is in their strategic interest to make Pakistan capable to defend its own and their interest in at least Arabian sea.

yes they will offer (bit downgrade version but it must be very capable too) it to Pakistan as it is in their strategic interest to make Pakistan capable to defend its own and their interest in at least Arabian sea.

Fingers crossed:rolleyes:

so that means as Chinese EODAS are copies of US EODAS (a bit downgarded itself) and china will downgrade it further before providing it to pakistan so instead of going with such downgraded stuff why not go for spectra tech offered by french with TOT ??? :P

so that means as Chinese EODAS are copies of US EODAS (a bit downgarded itself) and china will downgrade it further before providing it to pakistan so instead of going with such downgraded stuff why not go for spectra tech offered by french with TOT ??? :P

Which one is better? spectra vs eodas

A 50% downgraded version from the US version will still be very capable coupled with AESA radar as original can see hundreds of miles away and even ballistic missiles in 360 degree view, if Pakistani system can see upto 200km it will be enough to take care of our enemy.

AN/AAQ-37 Distributed Aperture System (DAS) for the F-35

Which one is better? spectra vs eodas

Well if you ask me EODAS are better (US ones) i think Chinese EODAS would be better if not good as US ones but still a bit better and if we gonna get it it would be a bit downgraded so i would still like spectra with TOT because its proven itself for the whole Europe and now INDIA itself ..

Well if you ask me EODAS are better (US ones) i think Chinese EODAS would be better if not good as US ones but still a bit better and if we gonna get it it would be a bit downgraded so i would still like spectra with TOT because its proven itself for the whole Europe and now INDIA itself ..

EODAS capability can be fully exploited with high offbore sight missiles and ramjet powered long range missiles, where are we going to get those for our thunder?

Back
Top Bottom