What's new

France offers EUR 1 billion to revive India's combat jet engine project

Euro 1 billion .That is a very serious investment proposal.
Looks like France is looking for another variety of engine project for exporting and their own planes.
And for India it can be another Brahmos.

I think they are being really sneaky and offered this so that they could share less Rafale tech. Instead of spending the full offset proceeds on Rafale related technology they will be diverting 1/3 of the funds on an engine development project to be carried out by one of their own firms.
still wont mind...we need this bloody engine to work...engine is called the heart of a jet for no reason!!

@Abingdonboy
This is the place for you.. You remember how we have talked that AMCA can borrow a lot from Rafale and Rafale NG.. I also said if you remember we should use engines from Snecma for commonality and build on that.. Looks like baby steps but finally things are getting revealed...

Now i am interested further in one more thing - Spectra and its NG upgrades... I am sure if emissions level as it was told that india will share to fill up the database, if the same Spectra can come to our LCA class of fighters and upgraded NG version comes to AMCA, then it would be the icing in the cake..

Of course i am asking something steep but then with a humongous order we should be able to get it..
I remember we had discussed this and I am 100% behind the idea of working with the French on the AMCA and applying Rafale tech to the fullest extent possible on the AMCA.

It still baffles me that anyone would root for the Americans in the Indian fighter market when it is clear they are offering overpriced equipment with no ToT, no IP, no tie ups with Indian firms, little skilling of local labour, insistance on end user agreements etc etc.

The French are CLEARLY the most logical partner if India wants cutting edge tech with few strings attatched, France prides itself in being strategiclly independant as India should aspire to be.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom