What's new

Four Japanese investigated in China for illegally videotaping military targets

aimarraul

Reaction score
Four Japanese investigated in China for illegally videotaping military targets
English.news.cn 2010-09-23 22:42:22 FeedbackPrintRSS

SHIJIAZHUANG, Sept. 23 (Xinhua) -- Four Japanese are being investigated in China for having entered a military zone without authorization and illegally videotaped military targets in northern Hebei Province, local state security authorities said Thursday.

The state security authorities in Shijiazhuang, capital of Hebei, have taken measures against the four people according to law after receiving a report about their illegal activities.

The authorities only gave one name of the four Japanese nationals, Sada Takahashi.

"Currently, the case is being investigated," the state security authorities in Shijiazhuang said in a statement.

No further details were provided.

Should have kept it black. This is not going to help the fishing captain situation.

Why? If Japanese asked for those 4 people first it would seem like China is merely making up a reason for detaining them.

Good move, just like the cold war era between US and USSR, if you caught ours, we will get yours, exchange later, problem solve.:yahoo:

I don't think its as serious as you may think. More than not people will call it a good job done.

I couldn't give a damn about the Japanese and their reaction, it's the reaction at internally I'm worried about. Gas on a fire.

I see no reason to worry about Chinese people's reactions. Contrary to what the Western media loves to portray, nationalism in China isn't widespread.

This news about Japanese spies is the fifth most commented news on Tencent's QQ portal at the moment, lagging far behind local stories like 'Young girl jumped to her death after being sexually assaulted by policemen' (the no.1 story at the moment) or 'poverty stricken county in Anhui builds government office building eight times the size of the White House' which is the second hottest story.

I think the effects of popular nationalism on Chinese foreign policy is being exaggerated by Western media in search of stories. The Chinese government probably won't mind such exaggeration as it strengthens their hands in negotiations.

I don't think its as serious as you may think. More than not people will call it a good job done.

Let's hope so. An escalation in public furor may restrict the ways the Government can deal with this. At this point they cannot and should not back down but they should be given room to manoeuvre.

I see no reason to worry about Chinese people's reactions. Contrary to what the Western media loves to portray, nationalism in China isn't widespread.

This news about Japanese spies is the fifth most commented news on Tencent's QQ portal at the moment, lagging far behind local stories like 'Young girl jumped to her death after being sexually assaulted by policemen' (the no.1 story at the moment) or 'poverty stricken county in Anhui builds government office building eight times the size of the White House' which is the second hottest story.

I think the effects of popular nationalism on Chinese foreign policy is being exaggerated by Western media in search of stories. The Chinese government probably won't mind such exaggeration as it strengthens their hands in negotiations.

F'ing hell I thought American news was negative... The first story is outrageous though. Poor girl...

Materialism and sexually suggestive media have negative influence on people.
People may not be aware of it at first but they'll sink deeper and not realise it.

It's not an exaggeration at all.

Materialism and sexually suggestive media have negative influence on people.
People may not be aware of it at first but they'll sink deeper and not realise it.

It's not an exaggeration at all.

I plan on not having a television if I have a kid.

'poverty stricken county in Anhui builds government office building eight times the size of the White House'

That news is bound to be hottest No.1
Who is gonna find some fisher men dispute intresting over that!

I think the fisher men were on covert misson to probe japanese alertness or reaction?? Fisher men have played crucial role in marine politics often.

lol I congratulate you on your iron will. :P

Kurt Vonnegut that crazy old kook may be right about Television.

"Future generations will look back on TV as the lead in the water pipes that slowly drove the Romans mad."

Back
Top Bottom