What's new

Foreign students in China '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
that's your one time subsidy for settlement, there is also monthly stipend:

3) Monthly living allowance is paid to the students by the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):

Master degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan

2000yuan/month is absolutely enough for your study in china.

As for veg part.... . there is halal restaurant in china's unversity, but no veggie restaurant. I don't know whether you can accept the vegetables provided in the canteens unversity. if not you have to prepare meal by your self

For that, I am prepared. Any where I go, would have to cook by myself. Actually I am worried that it would still be difficult for a veggie in China, Korea or Japan.

In the US there are strict rules on who can study/research nuclear technology in its universities based on nationality, do you think TG is going to allow foreign students study nuclear at its national labs? I'm a little bit skeptical... but other than those sensitive subjects, it should be ok.

Here is the list of universities that participate this scholarship program, all the mentioned universities are on that list so the government is taking this initiative quite seriously.
http://www.scholarshiponline.info/f...-CHINESE-GOVERNMENT-SCHOLARSHIP-PROGRAMME.pdf

You won't be subject to the same rules as the Chinese students do so no need to worry about the Chinese admission statistics too much. Looks like a good transcript + two good references + a good self-recommendation can carry you quite far.

Tokamak/Controlled nuclear fusion is something different from usual nuclear blah blah. Its purely civilian, multidisciplinary tech.

Anyways, thanks for help.

the same thing happens for chinese students. alot of them that can't pass the college entrance exam go to aus or england for an easy degree for a high price.

In my university, A degree in engineering costs about $5000 to $6000 NZD per annum (depending on which year and inflation). International students have to pay $28000 for a commerce/art degree per annum.

Chinese student abroad are either very good or not good at all, some of them are just sons of rich peoples and officials. You can tell because they drive expensive cars and spend money without a care

In my university, A degree in engineering costs about $5000 to $6000 NZD per annum (depending on which year and inflation). International students have to pay $28000 for a commerce/art degree per annum.

Chinese student abroad are either very good or not good at all, some of them are just sons of rich peoples and officials. You can tell because they drive expensive cars and spend money without a care

i notice this in my school as well, either the forign students are really good at studying or their lazy very few in-betweeners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom