What's new

For Indian war planners, is the PAF their worst fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! Yes indeed buddy! You got it right!

And look to the last couple of IAF-IA combined excercises! They are being forced or rather made to shift from concentrating just on Air Supremacy to mainly supporting the IA in a big way. IAF is still very reluctant on that.

The MMRCA would be primarily a strike aircraft! That is its intended role.
Thus you see, IAF wants expansion and their pushing hard this time(maybe for the first time), to cater to both the ends.

IBG also plans to use IAF to attack strong points of the enemy, not just defend themselves, but assist them to be able to move faster.
Any How far are from the border these IBSs will be in Peace time and What Rank will command them ?

Any How far are from the border these IBSs will be in Peace time and What Rank will command them ?

IBSs?. You mean IBG's

I really havent bothered to find out. Lemontree would be in a better position to answer that question.

Though, in terms of logistics, also note the planned expansion of the helicopter fleet of the IAF. In all categories-Light, Medium and Heavy Lift. IAF is drastically expanding its chopper fleet, acquiring more refuelers(note Refuelers are also able to act as Cargo planes-particularly the A330), and planning to acquire Very Heavy Lift planes(not Il-78 category, higher than that), apart from the MRTA JV with Russia.

IA would be very dependent on IAF for rapid movement of men and materials.

IBSs?. You mean IBG's

I really havent bothered to find out. Lemontree would be in a better position to answer that question.

Though, in terms of logistics, also note the planned expansion of the helicopter fleet of the IAF. In all categories-Light, Medium and Heavy Lift. IAF is drastically expanding its chopper fleet, acquiring more refuelers(note Refuelers are also able to act as Cargo planes-particularly the A330), and planning to acquire Very Heavy Lift planes(not Il-78 category, higher than that), apart from the MRTA JV with Russia.

IA would be very dependent on IAF for rapid movement of men and materials.
Yeah I mean IBGs
Tell me some thing
Concidering the Geography of Indo-china border. "Is cold start Effective against them, No i dont think soo" . Its purely meant for Pakistan
Right or Wrong ?

Yes, it appears to be purely for Pakistan. The terrain of Indo-China border makes things very difficult for an IBG type concept to work there.

Yes, it appears to be purely for Pakistan. The terrain of Indo-China border makes things very difficult for an IBG type concept to work there.
Right This is Where i wanted to Bring you:

1. The Military Strategic Level is Focusing on Pakistan and trying to Cover up Parakaram flaws.

2. The Grand Strategic Level How ever Is trying to spread the The news that We are Beefing it up for China.

Its Strange to say but Either India is playing with the American Emotions hahaha, or The Political Leadership isn't resonating with The Military Leadership

Last edited:
Right This is Where i wanted to Bring you:

1. The Military Strategic Level is Focusing on Pakistan and trying to Cover up Parakaram flaws.

2. The Grand Strategic Level How ever Is trying to spread the The news that We are Beefing it up for China.

Its Strange to say but Either India is playing with the American Emotions hahaha, or The Political Leadership isn't resonating with The Military Leadership

You got me, and this is where i am, but there is a little problem here..

WHO has ever denied that Cold Start was exclusively for Pakistan? The doctrine itself is based on the need to act against Pakistan IN LIGHT of Nuclear weapons.

Do you KNOW the planning being done or the preparation being done in North-East India? They are separate from what is being planned and procured for the western border. How are you confusing the two?

And who's playing with American emptions? What has America got to do with all this?

Relax.....
Look at the bigger picture , then u will come to know ...

Or You could spare me the trouble and just tell me you know!
Sure ....answer these Questions please.....

1. How many cores do u have in total?

2. How many are for the western front?

3. Isnt India going all out on Cold Start?

4. Why is America Helpinging out india these days?

5. If you dont want to answer , its okay . i hope u get my point.

any ways :Cheers:

Sure ....answer these Questions please.....

1. How many cores do u have in total?
You mean corps?

2. How many are for the western front?
5 meant exclusively for Western Border. Corps located in Central Command can be deployed as required.

Again, this is irrelevant. Large scale troop movement in North East is very difficult. A fight with China is going to be very different in nature from the one with Pakistan(with plains and deserts).

And do note, India is creating a new Mountain Strike Corps-exclusively for China among other things in the North East.

3. Isnt India going all out on Cold Start?
Yes, for the Western Front. Though lessons learnt, training, and assets acquired would be used in the NE as well.

Cold Start is not the solution for a war with China, but it sure as hell is complimentary. For example, IA requires long ranged guns and rockets in its IBG's. Those guns and rockets-like Smerch and Pinaka, are desparately needed in NE as well.

IAF is acquiring over 80 Mi-171 V5's for its medium lift and light support requirements. This is crucial for the success of any IBG maneuver.This would ALSO be crucial to transport Ultra Light Arty being acquired solely for use in the North East, and move troops to the forward areas in defence in the North East.

4. Why is America Helpinging out india these days?
For a multitude of reasons-China being just one of them.
5. If you dont want to answer , its okay . i hope u get my point.
No i dont.

I want you to explain, why and how, you think Indian Army is not gearing up for a war against China. Pakistan is no longer the main emphasis, its China. India's defence preparation against China has been pitiful till date. Now that we have the resources, a lot of effort is being made to put things right in the North East.

You mean corps?

5 meant exclusively for Western Border. Corps located in Central Command can be deployed as required.

Again, this is irrelevant. Large scale troop movement in North East is very difficult. A fight with China is going to be very different in nature from the one with Pakistan(with plains and deserts).

And do note, India is creating a new Mountain Strike Corps-exclusively for China among other things in the North East.

Yes, for the Western Front. Though lessons learnt, training, and assets acquired would be used in the NE as well.

Cold Start is not the solution for a war with China, but it sure as hell is complimentary. For example, IA requires long ranged guns and rockets in its IBG's. Those guns and rockets-like Smerch and Pinaka, are desparately needed in NE as well.

IAF is acquiring over 80 Mi-171 V5's for its medium lift and light support requirements. This is crucial for the success of any IBG maneuver.This would ALSO be crucial to transport Ultra Light Arty being acquired solely for use in the North East, and move troops to the forward areas in defence in the North East.

For a multitude of reasons-China being just one of them.

No i dont.

I want you to explain, why and how, you think Indian Army is not gearing up for a war against China. Pakistan is no longer the main emphasis, its China. India's defence preparation against China has been pitiful till date. Now that we have the resources, a lot of effort is being made to put things right in the North East.

I don't care for whom IA is preparing , ALL I MEANT WAS THAT WHAT PAKISTAN DID WITH AMERICA IN SOVIET_AFGHAN WAR, INDIA IS DOING THE SAME WITH AMERICAN
;)

India preparedness right now is to counter not only pakistan but the combined force of pakistan and china .we cannot ignore the defence post of china in south east asia . with this mind .India has prepared a lots of thing because there will be no one to help us in need .:cool:

I don't care for whom IA is preparing , ALL I MEANT WAS THAT WHAT PAKISTAN DID WITH AMERICA IN SOVIET_AFGHAN WAR, INDIA IS DOING THE SAME WITH AMERICAN
;)

No India is not. India is buying all kinds of military equipment from its own money. Not soft loans or aid.

Tenders are given out for every military equipment and the best available(performance and price) is chosen.

India is not dependent on America in any way for her security.

Some posters always say "Pakistan cannot match India's defence spending," but they never say "India cannot match China's defence spending."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom