What's new

For Indian war planners, is the PAF their worst fear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl: :rofl:
What did Kayani tell you that Pakistan can counter it ?

What I guess SU-30s and LCA doesn't involve "Air Superiority" according to genius here.

What he meant was that..

1. Only 15 SU-30 may be termed as SU-30 MKI cuz only they have the Super Zukh radar. 25 radars went back to the assembly line cuz of diffrent software bugs. Rest all of them are awaitng super zukh radar , I hope your CAS told you that.

2. With in one week (post mumbai attacks) , at two diffrent occasions, your SU-30 aborted once given a HOT SCRAMBLE (both the times they were scrambled from adampur and both times No.2 aborted, one was a ground abort and the other naver made it to the runway.

3. Talk about the SU-30 radar , well my friend it has a high doppler notch, thats why it missed out picking up a UAV in 3 re-attacks and with hot plugs.

4. Bhramos may have been tested and claimed successful but friend till the time they dont get its negitive G factor fixed and its mid-course CG adjusted it cant be used , and you know they are working on it !!

5. And if you think LCA is a air superiorty aircraft , Well this thought of yours will serve PAF even more.

Zob just gave you the header i explained it ...!

dont try to make fun of others , thats not the only way to hide your lack of info.
:cheers:

Reactions: Zob
BrahMos II is getting developed in india it's engine has been tested in India http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...on-brahmos-undergoes-successful-lab-test.html
Now if the things are Indian the MTCR does not comes in to picture and do we have only one missile? Check about Shourya.

Let's step back. :) My question to Mr Malay was why is Brahmos II developed with the intention of using it against China. To which you gave the following arguement
"He is right in his saying. BrahMos II is basically a hypersonic version of the BrahMos the engine is already tested at mach 5.26 in labs. And as it is developed in India there is no restriction of MTCR. Hence it can have long range. Hope this clarifies."

Since there is no increase in range of Brahmos II, how does that answer the question on China? :)

If there is no test conducted then it is futile to even ask it successful or unsuccessful isn't it? Simple the weapon is not there. No speculations please.

Well leaving the English part of it aside, and withdrawing my usage of the words "not yet successful", who brought Brahmos II into picture? Not me. But if someone has brought it, considering the Army version has just failed a test, and AF is no where near simulated testing, at least no where mentioned in the media, either as part of rumours or factual reporting, all I am asking is why are we speculating the future?

The reason I am against the graveyard word is that it is too simplistic to put Navy will not go alone there or vice versa will have Air force support or carrier naval wing with lot of AAW and ASW assets to simplisitc to give a sweeping state ment. Hope you understand my point.

But I did not mean it to be as simple as that. Any projected force that wages a war against a country in it's backyard always faces a grave yard situation. US with all it's might is having nightmares in Afganistan and Iraq. With thousands of soldiers lost, by, arguably, the most powerful country in the world and a victory no where in sight, I doubt I could use any lesser word.

I mean how a strategic bomber fits in to IAF/IN doctrine.

Then why do IAF and IN maintain a fleet of strategic bombers presently? In my opinion, against a war with China (which in current circumstances looks highly unlikely, it will boil down to a nuclear war. Besides a war with China, in my opinion, will involve aerial warfare much more than a war with any other neighbouring country because of the terrain involved.

Regards,
Anoop.

Then why do IAF and IN maintain a fleet of strategic bombers presently? In my opinion, against a war with China (which in current circumstances looks highly unlikely, it will boil down to a nuclear war. Besides a war with China, in my opinion, will involve aerial warfare much more than a war with any other neighbouring country because of the terrain involved.

Regards,
Anoop.

What Exactly is a strategic bomber First tell me that ?

and then give me an example of any strategic bomber in IAF or IN ?

and then tell me how exactly are your naval strategic bomber is going to fight against china ?

i am waiting .....!!!! :cheers:

What Exactly is a strategic bomber First tell me that ?

I have followed quite a few of your posts and have liked your arguments most of the times. Suffice to say, I do feel you know what a strategic bomber is. However if that is to test my knowledge, unfortunately, in this world of internet age, I can google that up real quick and tell you the answer and pretend that I know what it is, or I can surrender and say I do not know what it is or I may really know what a strategic bomber is. But if you will insist that you do not know what a strategic bomber is, I will be take the easiest route and copy and paste the jargon :)

and then give me an example of any strategic bomber in IAF or IN ?
A few old Tu's.

and then tell me how exactly are your naval strategic bomber is going to fight against china ?

When did I say that? On the contrary I did mention that a war with china will involve both the navies minimally perhaps.

Regards,
Anoop.

i am waiting .....!!!! :cheers:[/QUOTE]

I have followed quite a few of your posts and have liked your arguments most of the times. Suffice to say, I do feel you know what a strategic bomber is. However if that is to test my knowledge, unfortunately, in this world of internet age, I can google that up real quick and tell you the answer and pretend that I know what it is, or I can surrender and say I do not know what it is or I may really know what a strategic bomber is. But if you will insist that you do not know what a strategic bomber is, I will be take the easiest route and copy and paste the jargon :)

A few old Tu's.

When did I say that? On the contrary I did mention that a war with china will involve both the navies minimally perhaps.

Regards,
Anoop.

i am waiting .....!!!! :cheers:

The truth is i dont go thru long post :blah: but what triggers me is that when some doesn't know anything and the rest of the class makes fun of him rather then telling him, i just wanted to tell that....have fun :smokin:

The truth is i dont go thru long post :blah: but what triggers me is that when some doesn't know anything and the rest of the class makes fun of him rather then telling him, i just wanted to tell that....have fun :smokin:

:) On a personal note, I do not like to use sarcasm to prove a point because there are always others more knowledgeable than I am and with them, no matter how much I seem to know, I always feel I know nothing.

Regards,
Anoop.

Let's step back. :) My question to Mr Malay was why is Brahmos II developed with the intention of using it against China. To which you gave the following arguement
"He is right in his saying. BrahMos II is basically a hypersonic version of the BrahMos the engine is already tested at mach 5.26 in labs. And as it is developed in India there is no restriction of MTCR. Hence it can have long range. Hope this clarifies."

Since there is no increase in range of Brahmos II, how does that answer the question on China? :)
Didnt realize you wanted the answer from me! Nitesh posted the right answer so i didnt reply.

He is correct in his answer mate, what did you not understand? There is an increase in range, which is what he wanted to imply when he said that since it is being developed in India, MTCR regulations dont come to play and the range can exceed the 300kms limit.

Thus if the range of 300kms is exceeded then it automatically becomes a suitable weapon system to be employed against China. 300kms ranged BrahMos is only suitable for Pakistan, that is because Pakistan doesnt have depth.

Well leaving the English part of it aside, and withdrawing my usage of the words "not yet successful", who brought Brahmos II into picture? Not me. But if someone has brought it, considering the Army version has just failed a test, and AF is no where near simulated testing, at least no where mentioned in the media, either as part of rumours or factual reporting, all I am asking is why are we speculating the future?
It would be obvious that if the Su-30's have been sent to Russia to modify the plane and validate whether it can be used to fire the BrahMos, then simulation must have been conducted before sending the plane. The next test of BrahMos has also been successful. One test failure does not equate to
failure of the system. BrahMos has been tested successfully before and after, the fact that it failed should give you more confidence, that research and development is indeed taking place on the missile and it hasnt been accepted 'as is'.

Even if we discount the fact that BrahMos would be converted to an ALCM, we do know that other ALCM's have been acquired. That's really not an issue. What we did need is an LACM, which we have got. What matters next is to have a missile that can be employed usefully against China as well.

The Tu's in Indian inventory do count as strategic bombers MaxiMarz. However as i have mentioned before, India does NOT operationally need or plans to use them as strategic bombers.

The Tu's in Indian inventory do count as strategic bombers MaxiMarz. However as i have mentioned before, India does NOT operationally need or plans to use them as strategic bombers.

I thnk no country needs strategic bomber coz missiles hv solved the problm

:enjoy: thankx , we never took them as a threat too

kind of you to tell me

I think a step towards getting into the driving seat of Asia , IAF needs strategic bombers.
still , its your choice

What he meant was that..

1. Only 15 SU-30 may be termed as SU-30 MKI cuz only they have the Super Zukh radar. 25 radars went back to the assembly line cuz of diffrent software bugs. Rest all of them are awaitng super zukh radar , I hope your CAS told you that.

2. With in one week (post mumbai attacks) , at two diffrent occasions, your SU-30 aborted once given a HOT SCRAMBLE (both the times they were scrambled from adampur and both times No.2 aborted, one was a ground abort and the other naver made it to the runway.

3. Talk about the SU-30 radar , well my friend it has a high doppler notch, thats why it missed out picking up a UAV in 3 re-attacks and with hot plugs.

4. Bhramos may have been tested and claimed successful but friend till the time they dont get its negitive G factor fixed and its mid-course CG adjusted it cant be used , and you know they are working on it !!

5. And if you think LCA is a air superiorty aircraft , Well this thought of yours will serve PAF even more.

Zob just gave you the header i explained it ...!

dont try to make fun of others , thats not the only way to hide your lack of info.
:cheers:

1) The Su 30 MKI uses the Tikhmorov Bars N011 Radar not the Phazotron Zhuk radar. There are no baseline Su 30s in Indian air force now. All are MKIs only.

2)Adampur airbase hosts only MiG 29s not Su 30s.

3) Bars is a PESA not a high doppler notch radar.

4) Brhamos misssile is being perfected for the army. The block II development involves full Land Attack capablity.

5) LCA is mainly an interceptor or point defence fighter.

1) The Su 30 MKI uses the Tikhmorov Bars N011 Radar not the Phazotron Zhuk radar. There are no baseline Su 30s in Indian air force now. All are MKIs only.

2)Adampur airbase hosts only MiG 29s not Su 30s.

3) Bars is a PESA not a high doppler notch radar.

4) Brhamos misssile is being perfected for the army. The block II development involves full Land Attack capablity.

5) LCA is mainly an interceptor or point defence fighter.

1. Check again it is nick names as super zuk (there are NATO names )

2. check where they were deployed. just after the mumbai attacks. (06 total)

3. Would you explain the the working of PESA ( i mean its Tx and Rx) and yeah tell me how it missed out on a chopper and a uav

4. yeah they are being perfected, not yet fixed

5. LCA is point defence, i know that ? you call it a air superiority weapon !!!

Last edited:
1. Check again it is nick names as super zuk

2. check where they were deployed. just after the mumbai attacks. (06 total)

3. Would you explain the the working of PESA ( i mean its Tx and Rx)

4. yeah they are being perfected, not yet fixed

1) Checked and rechecked. It is nick named as BARS.

2) They were deployed in Jodhpur.

3) Bars radar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:hitwall: are we guys going to start over again !!!.

hey eagle , its not economical ....specially for countries like the third world.

Guy its a forum n i jst posted my opinion which may be wrong so dnt take me on ur nerves chill down:agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom