What's new

Football Worldcup Russia-2018

England thumping of Panama was expected. That is no shocker. England hasn't been tested yet. It doesn't the look like a top favorite to me. I think that against better teams it will have ahead time.

Japan vs Senegal was entertaining. Both teams earning a draw after playing attacking football.

Nigeria vs Argentina will a cracking game this week. Both teams have a chance of qualifying.

Best of luck to Belgium btw. It could be your first cup ever, go get it!
they have a good chance amazing team amazing players lets see if they can win it or not also france but they are not playing as team yet...

my semifinalists
spain
brasil
belgium
france

I was rooting for Egypt BTW buddy (in that Russia game)....but they just didn't play well enough, that sucked.

Yeah they suck, but thanks anyway. :lol:

Honestly they are a great creative team (and one of my favourites going in w.r.t teams that have not won the cup). They were just down to 10 men real early against Japan in their 1st game...otherwise result would have been different I think.

Poland were simply outclassed, they could not string together enough good passes and pressure where it counted. They did not do credit to beating Italy and Netherlands to this Euro qualification spot.

Colombian fans are something else too hehe....I hope for them that Colombia does well :)

They're actually very likeable, and they don't seem to play dirty and have this very cool style about them. They don't really waste plays and endless efforts for nothing, it seems. Their captain Falcao who scored the 2nd goal I think has an amazing story, basically a comeback to play in this WC after a devastating knee injury.

And yeah, the fans! How the heck did so many of them make it to Russia lol. That's loyalty and dedication and nationalism all wrapped together in a patriotic sandwich.

I am so angry at Panama, not only did they play very poorly and made many blatant fouls, they actually tried against Belgium and not against England... :hitwall:

lol. You team is scary good. That Romelu Lukaku is a beast, and one hell of a goal scorer.

Nawaz Sharif was cheering for Panama because of Panama paper

lol.

And yeah, the fans! How the heck did so many of them make it to Russia lol. That's loyalty and dedication and nationalism all wrapped together in a patriotic sandwich.

They have a real belief in their team, they have that vibe like the argies did in the 80s....given Colombia did really well in the last world cup, so they are feeling that golden boy team (james rodriguez, mina, quintero, falcao etc etc) has some real legs to peak right now. Their goalie did real well even though he seemed a bit hurt all thru the game.

Honestly they are a great creative team (and one of my favourites going in w.r.t teams that have not won the cup). They were just down to 10 men real early against Japan in their 1st game...otherwise result would have been different I think.

Poland were simply outclassed, they could not string together enough good passes and pressure where it counted. They did not do credit to beating Italy and Netherlands to this Euro qualification spot.

Colombian fans are something else too hehe....I hope for them that Colombia does well :)

lol, I slept half way of the POL-COL match, when it was still 1: 0, it was unbelievably boring match, Poland didn't even try to get back into the game.

game between Iran and Portugal(1-1) was controversial because of two terrible decisions by referee Enrique Caceres
3379.jpg

Ronaldo should learn from her how to score goal

Tied up 1-1 at the moment ma man. Germany has full control of the play and pressure in the Swedish zone almost the entire time. Your boys need to pick it up if they want to pull this one off. Good match but Germany has had majority ball possession.

Holy cow, Richelieu! You gotta be kidding me! That was devastating! Especially in junk time and Germany down 1 man! Ooof.
Thing about Germany is, they are really really good together as a team. We can easily make a World Cup XI with no German player in it or may be even make two such teams and still leave all of Nationalelf out. Still, as a unit, they are among the best with everyone complementing each other. The real advantage they have over other rivals is that while there star men (read Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Kane etc) can have an off-day and whole team fails, the German side wont really be effected by individual's off-day. The closest to them in these terms is Belgium i would say.

Still, i do not see them lifting the trophy as i think that one day one of those star men will rise to the occasion and stop/end Germany's run in world cup.

I wanted German out but well they have played like champion in second half

Sweden made mistake to get defensive instead of attacking ..
The one mistake that actually cost them the match and potentially next round progression was actually going on attack at that last moment. It was really stupid to take that free kick at last moment in forward direction, Should have passed it to a close by player, kept the ball, it was the LAST MINUTE for crying out loud. Instead the attacked, lost the ball, committed a foul when Germans attacked and conceded from free kick.

Brazil have the best defense among all teams.
Brazil is also Pakistan's favorite.
A lot of people are supporting German and many supporting Spain. Lesser numbers are with England too but yes, i thin Brazil leads the way!

And even Brazilians realize that if you look at some of the RTs and comments. :lol:

It was really heartbreaking. 5 min extra time for what and then a clear as day penalty not given. Still all hope is not over for Sweden. If we beat Mexico (regardless of the margin involved) then all 3 teams will tie up on 6 points. If goal differences remain the same (in case of Sweden only beating Mexico by one goal) then all teams matches against South Korea come into play. In that case Sweden goes through as it won 1:0 against the Koreans, whereas Mexico won 2:1 and thereby conceeded a goal. Very complicated I know but just read this on a Swedish sports newspaper and makes sense (https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/XwAWam/sverige-till-attondel--vid-seger-mot-mexiko)

Of course if Sweden draws or loses against Mexico then the chances of going through are virtually nil, since Germany are for sure going to win against South Korea. Despite showing heart the Koreans have never really looked threatening.
With the arrogant Ibrahimovic out, i too would have liked Sweden to progress. May be not at cost of Germany though :D

Best of luck to Belgium btw. It could be your first cup ever, go get it!
Thanks. I am a little worried about our defence, but we'll see. I definitely hope we can get far!

ol. You team is scary good. That Romelu Lukaku is a beast, and one hell of a goal scorer.
He indeed is, after he has been harshly critisised by the Belgian media/people, this must feel good for him.

We'll most likely play 6 new players against England, so I don't think we can really have reference point of our strength. It is really a battle to avoid the first spot. :rolleyes:

Feel sorry for Nigeria. They had their chances to score one more goal
I think they could have won if they had more confidence and weren't takan aback by playing Argentina. In the case of Argentina, it's possibly a postponed execution when we know they have to play France, although they definitely didn't impress me yet.

Denmark vs France was the most boring game of the tournament thus far

Mo Salah Who Saudia bag the 3 points

Giving a Master Class in Tiki Take style they are known for in Asia , copied from Spanish influence in last 10 years in their football schools

saudiwin.jpg

Back
Top Bottom