What's new

Football Worldcup Russia-2018

What a game. Well played Germany. Sweden played anti-football and got punished.

That was ridiculous but what a match! Germany really showed its metal here.

That swedish defender dermaz had no business fouling right outside the penalty area like that at the dieing seconds.

But that was a beautiful goal there at the end by Kroos.

That was crazy. Tough loss, ma man. It looked really good there especially when that German player got the red card but then it went into the crapper fast after that.

So what happens now? I think Germany gets the tie-breaker because of this match despite both teams having 3 points.

Germany need to beat South Korea well....and Sweden need to beat Mexico and it will be goal difference.

Mexico are through to the next round pretty much.

But yeah I think if everything is exactly the same between Germany and Sweden in the end....Germany gets thru because they won their head to head.

That was crazy. Tough loss, ma man. It looked really good there especially when that German player got the red card but then it went into the crapper fast after that.

So what happens now? I think Germany gets the tie-breaker because of this match despite both teams having 3 points.

We are playing Mexico, they are playing South Korea. They are bound to win over South Korea.
Our only chance is that Mexico decides they do not want Germany to continue and hands us the game with a lot of goals.

That swedish defender dermaz had no business fouling right outside the penalty area like that at the dieing seconds.

But that was a beautiful goal there at the end by Kroos.

That was a perfect banana. The one before that by the other blonde dude that smacked the post flat lol. But I think that would've been offsides.

and Sweden need to beat Mexico and it will be goal difference.

Yeah, good luck to Sweden in that one! Have you watched this Mexican team? They're on FIRE! lol
Andale andale ala cabessa! lol

But yeah I think if everything is exactly the same between Germany and Sweden in the end....Germany gets thru because they won their head to head.

I think so, but should be really interesting.

Really entertaining matches in this world cup so far. Has the potential to rival France 98 for the best world cup ever.

Sweden was robbed of a penalty in the first half.

I mentioned that earlier. Was very surprised the booth didn't call down to the referee. That could've very well altered the outcome of the match.

We are playing Mexico, they are playing South Korea. They are bound to win over South Korea.
Our only chance is that Mexico decides they do not want Germany to continue and hands us the game with a lot of goals.

Good luck. Let's hope Mexico lays down because they are playing incredible. Tough group.
Belgium looked ridiculously good yesterday against Tunisia. That's a scary team also.

I wanted German out but well they have played like champion in second half

Sweden made mistake to get defensive instead of attacking ..

That was a perfect banana. The one before that by the other blonde dude that smacked the post flat lol. But I think that would've been offsides.

Yeah, good luck to Sweden in that one! Have you watched this Mexican team? They're on FIRE! lol
Andale andale ala cabessa! lol

I think so, but should be really interesting.

Yeah Mexico doing good. They hopefully will keep it going to the end. One of the top countries this time for the cup that have never won it before ....along with Belgium and Portugal I would say.

I was rooting for Egypt BTW buddy (in that Russia game)....but they just didn't play well enough, that sucked.

Mexico are through so they may rest a few of their players. Sweden should simply go all out....viking raid time!

If Sweden wins by large margin (goal diff 3) and Germany wins then Mexico is out.
They have to make sure by playing their first team.
This group is open now @A.P. Richelieu

Koreans might Shock Germans , they typically do well against Germans as Koreans have a style similar to Germans

However Sweden are 90% going home from looks of it

Great effort vs Germany they tried really hard

It was really heartbreaking. 5 min extra time for what and then a clear as day penalty not given. Still all hope is not over for Sweden. If we beat Mexico (regardless of the margin involved) then all 3 teams will tie up on 6 points. If goal differences remain the same (in case of Sweden only beating Mexico by one goal) then all teams matches against South Korea come into play. In that case Sweden goes through as it won 1:0 against the Koreans, whereas Mexico won 2:1 and thereby conceeded a goal. Very complicated I know but just read this on a Swedish sports newspaper and makes sense (https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/XwAWam/sverige-till-attondel--vid-seger-mot-mexiko)

Of course if Sweden draws or loses against Mexico then the chances of going through are virtually nil, since Germany are for sure going to win against South Korea. Despite showing heart the Koreans have never really looked threatening.

What an awesome comeback from Germany.
Hail Deutschland !

I wanted German out but well they have played like champion in second half

Sweden made mistake to get defensive instead of attacking ..
Probably none in the Swedish Team would make it into the German Team.
They know how to play like a team though and almost made it.

Considering the lost penalty, we were robbed of points,

Good quality games now.
Belgium and Brazil the favourites now , though Germany can never be ruled out.
Happy that sweden lost . Just packing your defense for 90% of the time and just breaking a couple of times is not my idea of good football.

Back
Top Bottom