What's new

Football Worldcup Russia-2018

Good quality games now.
Belgium and Brazil the favourites now , though Germany can never be ruled out.
Happy that sweden lost . Just packing your defense for 90% of the time and just breaking a couple of times is not my idea of good football.

Brazil have the best defense among all teams.
Brazil is also Pakistan's favorite.

My favorite:
Nice .
Football does attract a audience from the whole world , even non participating countries.
What's pakistans's FIFA rank at the moment ?
Let me check.

• LAST UPDATED 07 JUN 2018
    NEXT RELEASE 19 JUL 2018

Rank Team PTS Prev.Pts +/- Pos
ger.png
Germany 1558(1558.49) 1544 0
bra.png
Brazil 1431(1430.57) 1384 0
bel.png
Belgium 1298(1298.32) 1346 0
por.png
Portugal 1274(1273.69) 1306 0
arg.png
Argentina 1241(1241.45) 1254 0
sui.png
Switzerland 1199(1198.72) 1179 0
fra.png
France 1198(1198.13) 1166 0
pol.png
Poland 1183(1182.61) 1128 2
chi.png
Chile 1135(1134.66) 1146 0
esp.png
Spain

Had no idea Belgium was ranked 3rd. No wonder they played well.
England not in top 10. Haha. What's the use of the most popular domestic league ?
Pakistan is at 201 out of 206 ranked countries.
China at 75.
Your favourite country india is at 97.
Afghanistan at 175 ?? Wtf . War torn Afghanistan is better than Pakistan !!!
Turkey at 38. Very respectable.
Iran at 37.

It was really heartbreaking.

Even for this Egyptian/American it was hearbreaking! lol. I almost always root for the underdog which is probably why.

5 min extra time for what and then a clear as day penalty not given.

Yep, the lost penalty was so obvious that not only did it make the ref look like a clown, but it makes you doubt what the other judges in the booth whom are supposed to call down to the ref to at least take another look were seeing?! Something was fishy about that because there was another instance (can't remember which match it was) but they called the ref, he made the square TV signal, went to the tent and looked at the replay and still came out and held his ground and never called a penalty kick. So to not even call him to have another look at such an obvious foul in the box is frankly staggering. Especially in such a big game.

If we beat Mexico (regardless of the margin involved) then all 3 teams will tie up on 6 points. If goal differences remain the same (in case of Sweden only beating Mexico by one goal) then all teams matches against South Korea come into play. In that case Sweden goes through as it won 1:0 against the Koreans, whereas Mexico won 2:1 and thereby conceeded a goal. Very complicated I know but just read this on a Swedish sports newspaper and makes sense (https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/XwAWam/sverige-till-attondel--vid-seger-mot-mexiko)

That's amazing. I'm not surprised as these things can certainly lead to very complicated scenarios of "ifs."

Of course if Sweden draws or loses against Mexico then the chances of going through are virtually nil, since Germany are for sure going to win against South Korea. Despite showing heart the Koreans have never really looked threatening.

Koreans look like they just got out of highschool. The goalie can't be older than 16 man! lol

Considering the lost penalty, we were robbed of points,

People in Sweden must be besides themselves with that. So blatant and obvious that it would've had a huge impact on the match.

Brazil have the best defense among all teams.
Brazil is also Pakistan's favorite.

The US is filled with Brazilians. As a matter of fact, the Brazilian community in some of the major, metropolitan cities might be the largest groups of foreigners/immigrants. I have a large contigent who work for me in various trades, they are very talented people including a permanent employee who's quite possibly one of the most skilled individuals I've ever seen. But I despise that phony, fake injury prone guber Naymar that I hope to see Brazil X'd out of the tournament asap. And I tell them all that same thing! :D

Panama Leak is getting it's share of 5+ score

Egyptian referee called 2 penalties on Panama, they weren't too happy with him but they were 100% penalties. The panama players were way too aggressive and wrapping their arms around the English players and hauling them down lol. What did they expect?

LOL! Look at all the daylight mugging that was going on in the penalty box by the Panama players!

DgdUSLtXkAczDzY.jpg

It was really heartbreaking. 5 min extra time for what and then a clear as day penalty not given. Still all hope is not over for Sweden. If we beat Mexico (regardless of the margin involved) then all 3 teams will tie up on 6 points. If goal differences remain the same (in case of Sweden only beating Mexico by one goal) then all teams matches against South Korea come into play. In that case Sweden goes through as it won 1:0 against the Koreans, whereas Mexico won 2:1 and thereby conceeded a goal. Very complicated I know but just read this on a Swedish sports newspaper and makes sense (https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/XwAWam/sverige-till-attondel--vid-seger-mot-mexiko)

Of course if Sweden draws or loses against Mexico then the chances of going through are virtually nil, since Germany are for sure going to win against South Korea. Despite showing heart the Koreans have never really looked threatening.

my wife cried when kroos score the 95th minutes goal.

But it was long time coming, Germany was basically in charge of the momentum in the second half, there are numerous chance the German would have scored but Olsen did a few magnificent save. The last goal was basically impossible to save.

Sweden need to win against Mexico, and win at least 2 nil, because as this stand. both Sweden and German are now at 3 points and 0 +/- goal. Sweden not only need to win against Mexico, but also need to score at least one more than Germany the next match, otherwise the Swede are going home.

Good quality games now.
Belgium and Brazil the favourites now , though Germany can never be ruled out.
Happy that sweden lost . Just packing your defense for 90% of the time and just breaking a couple of times is not my idea of good football.

You cannot play Germany with all out attacking football. They are branded "The greatest team in the world" and if you go foot to foot with the German, you are going to lose 9 out of 10 times. You see how quick the german attack in the second half and you will know you can never go foot to foot with these German.

Sweden wanted to copy what the Mexican did, which is control the tempo and slow down the game, defend the midfield and denied chance of German playmaker (Muller et al) making a play, but the Sweden Midfield defending is a disaster in the second half... And allowing the German to up tempo the game, I am actually amaze why it take Germany 95 minutes to score the second goal...

This is unbelievable! Columbia up 3-0 over Poland with some of the nicest goal set-ups I've seen this entire tournament. Who'd thunk?! Columbia paying really well at minute 75.

This is unbelievable! Columbia up 3-0 over Poland with some of the nicest goal set-ups I've seen this entire tournament. Who'd thunk?! Columbia paying really well at minute 75.

Honestly they are a great creative team (and one of my favourites going in w.r.t teams that have not won the cup). They were just down to 10 men real early against Japan in their 1st game...otherwise result would have been different I think.

Poland were simply outclassed, they could not string together enough good passes and pressure where it counted. They did not do credit to beating Italy and Netherlands to this Euro qualification spot.

Colombian fans are something else too hehe....I hope for them that Colombia does well :)

Poland was so unbelievably bad today...
I acually thought Poland was a potential dark horse, but the way they played, when they were 1-0 behind, was frustrating to watch. They didn't even try attacking properly.:frown:

LOL! Look at all the daylight mugging that was going on in the penalty box by the Panama players!
I am so angry at Panama, not only did they play very poorly and made many blatant fouls, they actually tried against Belgium and not against England... :hitwall:

my wife cried when kroos score the 95th minutes goal.

But it was long time coming, Germany was basically in charge of the momentum in the second half, there are numerous chance the German would have scored but Olsen did a few magnificent save. The last goal was basically impossible to save.

Sweden need to win against Mexico, and win at least 2 nil, because as this stand. both Sweden and German are now at 3 points and 0 +/- goal. Sweden not only need to win against Mexico, but also need to score at least one more than Germany the next match, otherwise the Swede are going home.

You cannot play Germany with all out attacking football. They are branded "The greatest team in the world" and if you go foot to foot with the German, you are going to lose 9 out of 10 times. You see how quick the german attack in the second half and you will know you can never go foot to foot with these German.

Sweden wanted to copy what the Mexican did, which is control the tempo and slow down the game, defend the midfield and denied chance of German playmaker (Muller et al) making a play, but the Sweden Midfield defending is a disaster in the second half... And allowing the German to up tempo the game, I am actually amaze why it take Germany 95 minutes to score the second goal...

9 out of 10 is a bit optimistic, LOL...

Rules for making playoffs are
  1. Total points
  2. Goal Difference
  3. Total number of goals
  4. Result of the game between two teams.
  5. Fair Play

It was said that Mexico was ready for the playoffs, but if Sweden beats Mexico and Germany beats South Korea, all three teams end up with 6 points, and Sweden needs to have more goals than either Mexico or Germany to make it.

If Sweden wins by two goals over Mexico, we always beat Mexico.
If Sweden wins with one more goal than Germany we beat Germany (and Mexico).
If Sweden and Germany wins with one goal, but Sweden wins 3-2 and Germany wins 1-0,
Sweden wins over Germany, since the number of goals is the third priority.
If Sweden wins with one goal over Mexico, we both have six points, goal difference is +1, we have scored the same number of goals, so the result of the game is the fourth.

Conclusion: as long as we win over Mexico, we make it.

If we tie, the Mexico makes it, we have four points.
If the Germans tie with South Korea, :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:,
we have to score more goals, or the Germans win.

polish team reminds me of icing on cherry in the cake which looks so nice and is very tasty to eat, polish team gets eaten as tasty cherry with icing in every world cup.

Poland was so unbelievably bad today...
I acually thought Poland was a potential dark horse, but the way they played, when they were 1-0 behind, was frustrating to watch. They didn't even try attacking properly.:frown:

I am so angry at Panama, not only did they play very poorly and made many blatant fouls, they actually tried against Belgium and not against England... :hitwall:

Best of luck to Belgium btw. It could be your first cup ever, go get it!

Back
Top Bottom