What's new

Flame hair cutting in Pakistan

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hair on fire: Pakistani barber replaces scissors with flames for nuanced hairstyles

The city of Bahawalpur in Pakistan has a hot new trend for cool haircuts.

Barber Shafqat Rajpoot has started it, but it seems his competitors don’t want to play with fire. Literally.

For, Rajpoot sets his client’s hair on fire and quickly brushes through the flames to give the hair a “bouncy effect”. He calls his style “fire-cutting” and right now customers cannot help but give it a try.

Rajpoot can be seen applying some powder and sprinkling drops of a flammable liquid that catches fire for a minute. In his interview to AJ+ Arabi below, he reveals some details about his technique, though not his secret formula for setting people’s hair on fire: “No sir, it’s my own creation.”

It only works with dense and long hair, though, as “the hair gets layers and it opens up”. Those with sparse hair may end up having their scalp burnt if they insist on the treatment.

51192-taymdrmfsk-1486734355.jpeg

AR-170119731.jpg&MaxW=780&imageVersion=16by9&NCS_modified=20170113054158

A Sicilian barber a few miles away from me achieved the same result by flicking his Bic but it didn't look nearly as dramatic as this!

I would like to see him inventing a similar technique to clean up his private parts hairs.

In west he would have arrested for this shytty act if i were in power in pakistan i wouldnt have waited a second to throw him behind the bars for this life threatening shytt he is pulling.

Pakistani hairstylist lights hair on fire to style hair

The video was shared by twitter user and journalist Omar Quraishi and has now gone viral

dc-Cover-jo78pdek0uvmtmod758v5clb50-20170113201013.Medi.jpeg

The barber applies a cream and powder and styles the hair while it is on fire. (Photo: Twitter)
Local barbers have their own ways of giving people a haircut with their different hand movements and stunts that make them popular. However, a Pakistani barber has taken it a step further with his surprising new hairstyling technique that is unbelievable yet bizarre and will definitely surprise you.

Twitter user and Pakistani journalist Omar R Quraishi tweeted out a video of a perfoming hairstylist that will amaze everybody. The barber gives a haircut to people using fire. The barber puts lotion and some powder and then removes a lighter to set the hair on fire. The hair stylist then uses a comb and pair of scissors and goes about his usual business of shaping the hair to suit the person.

I would like to see him inventing a similar technique to clean up his private parts hairs.

In west he would have arrested for this shytty act if i were in power in pakistan i wouldnt have waited a second to throw him behind the bars for this life threatening shytt he is pulling.
This is popular in various places.
He's just bragging that it's his invention.

A Sicilian barber a few miles away from me achieved the same result by flicking his Bic but it didn't look nearly as dramatic as this!
You. You are a brave soul. You put your head under hands of a Sicilian? I would not be able to do that. Or maybe I have watched too many Godfather movies.

If I recall correctly, the women who tried the local Sicilian flame-barber claimed the result was fuller body and a softer finish to their hair.

Hair is made up of protein. Burning hair will denature proteins, resulting in hair damage and have potential of burning scalp skin, which can permanently damage hair follicles; causing patches of baldness in the burned area.

Hair is made up of protein. Burning hair will denature proteins, resulting in hair damage and have potential of burning scalp skin, which can permanently damage hair follicles; causing patches of baldness in the burned area.
If done right, it burns off split ends, which is why everyone claims softer hair.
But most of them do it as a show and less as purposeful, which still kinda works.

Back
Top Bottom