What's new

Five Markhor hunting licenses issued by GB Govt at $80,000 each.

@krash , as soon as i saw the thread title i knew some of these posts were incoming :rofl:.

This might be an interesting read for some people (http://wwf.panda.org/?14073/Hunting-for-conservation). Sure conservation hunting is not ideal and if not managed correctly is damaging, but if animal protection organizations like the World Wildlife Fund and The International Union for Conservation of Nature endorse it then it obviously has benefits as well. Personally hate hunting when done for funs sake but if managed properly has real positive effects on the local communities.

You dumb idiots, that is a precious animal ... Stop selling that for few thousand dollars , SOB's Paise ke liye apni maa bech den yeh log ..:hitwall:

Just to make it clear for some Dumbo's here, I mistook this for something else, but there are some people who sells licenses for such marvelous animals to be hunted, and for them Money is everything .. Govt needs to bring some strict policy to protect them .
I think the amount is being used for development of local population as well for protection of the animals. We need to put controls use of the revenue received rather than putting a ban

We are a country which sells our dignity and integrity based on the money.when money is right,everything is for sell.i agree that we sell ourselves to the highest bidder.we are shameful people.there are many examples.even you can kill a pakistani when money is right.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Allen_Davis_incident

Last edited:
I think the amount is being used for development of local population as well for protection of the animals. We need to put controls use of the revenue received rather than putting a ban
Issue is not about where money goes. 80% for the development of Local population of that area.
We should control the number of license. Locals are not happy because license amount is reduced.
As its population increases the license fees will further goes down in future.

How can it help that Markhoor is currently endangered species and you killed for money to save its habitat if there are no Markhoor what its EMPTY habitat does for saving Markhoor

Brother relax a bit and google Trophy Hunting,
In fact because of this we were able to bring back the numbers of Markhor.

As for concerns of letting our National Symbol being killed, pray tat our economy gets to the point where we can spare few million dollars to support the Animal, its habitat and local population.

Hunting the maarkhor, not for food but for some thrill to kill, is inhumane.

Why can't Pakistan government give hunting licenses for the wild wolf and the stray dogs in cities ( somehow cornered into a locality and shot ) ?? A win-win it will be.

Let the maarkhor remain as food for the snow leopards. Even five maarkhors matter. If a female maarkhor is hunted, entire generations of maarkhors will not be available to the snow leopards.

@Maarkhoor @Zibago @Mentee @RealNapster

@Moonlight @Jf Thunder

@fitpOsitive @B+ Dracula

Last edited:
Hunting the maarkhor, not for food but for some thrill to kill, is inhumane.

Why can't Pakistan government give hunting licenses for the wild wolf and the stray dogs in cities ( somehow cornered into a locality and shot ) ?? A win-win it will be.

Let the maarkhor remain as food for the snow leopards. Even five maarkhors matter. If a female maarkhor is hunted, entire generations of maarkhors will not be available to the snow leopards.

@Maarkhoor @Zibago @Mentee @RealNapster

@Moonlight @Jf Thunder

@fitpOsitive @B+ Dracula
the Govt would hand over human hunting licenses for the right amount of Dollars

At the moment, we are not in mode to think like this. Give us dollars and we can hand over a guy to you who murdered two of our civilians in Broad day light.
Basically so far we have not prioritised that what things are commodities and which things are not.
So it's a bad luck for this animal that his habitat falls under Pakistani territory.
the Govt would hand over human hunting licenses for the right amount of Dollars

That's a sad state of affairs. Rich sheikhs and Westerners buying off Pakistan's national animal.

Give us dollars and we can hand over a guy to you who murdered two of our civilians in Broad day light.

Are you talking about the Raymond Allen Davis incident ??

That's a sad state of affairs. Rich sheikhs and Westerners buying off Pakistan's national animal.

Enough from you on the thread Indian.

When you do not understand how conservation efforts work in these cases, it is better to stick to what you know. Go find threads where you can target Indian minorities Mr. Sanghi.

So tell me how many species you personally have brought back from almost-extinction status.

Population of Markhors have only increased over the past decade.

Instead of coming here lecturing Pakistanis, why don't you camp at the Rann of Katch and help black bucks get back to numbers.

Population of Markhors have only increased over the past decade.

Instead of coming here lecturing Pakistanis, why don't you camp at the Rann of Katch and help black bucks get back to numbers.

The maarkhors may have increased because of increased ( and rightful ) conservation efforts by Pakistan authorities, but that does not mean they should be issuing hunting licenses.

As I said earlier, by all means issue hunting licenses for wild wolves and stray dogs in urban areas.

The maarkhors may have increased because of increased ( and rightful ) conservation efforts by Pakistan authorities, but that does not mean they should be issuing hunting licenses.

As I said earlier, by all means issue hunting licenses for wild wolves and stray dogs in urban areas.

First of all i have little interest in your caste system of animals that dogs and wolves be hunted for sports and fluffy ones not.

Secondly you are only here trying to paint Pakistan in a bad light by alluding inhumane method of conservatism. This is your Sanghi DNA which chokes itself everytime there is a news about Pakistan.

Secondly you are only here trying to paint Pakistan in a bad light by alluding inhumane method of conservatism. This is your Sanghi DNA which chokes itself everytime there is a news about Pakistan.

Enough of you painting me to be a Sanghi element !!

I am as distant from the Sangh as a cat is to a kangaroo.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom