What's new

Five Markhor hunting licenses issued by GB Govt at $80,000 each.

Idk it just does. It deters poachers for some reason lol.

Well, what @krash wrote in this post seems okay but to me the main issue seems to be money that is to be given to the local community so that they don't poach the maarkhors. The local community also earns money by guiding and giving hospitality to the hunters.

I wonder if Pakistan government can take some money from military funds and give them to local community so that the hunting is avoided entirely.

I wonder if Pakistan government can take some money from military funds and give them to local community so that the hunting is avoided entirely.
Are you became retard?

Hunting allowed not becasue of money but to increase the population of Markhor since Old markhor kept up to 10 to 20 females but can't fertile them because of age so in order to give chance to young males to mate with females we allowed to kill old male markhors and funds dived between locals and keepers as well.

As i learned i misunderstood the post , I do understand the controlled hunting without harming the Species but i also do know that many rich and privileged Arabs came to Pakistan to hunt some endangered animals even our Media has raised the issue before . But seriously , If i ever encountered such a animal in my life, I will shoot it in a instance , Not Shoot with a gun but with my Camera :)
Controlled hunting yet for species which are abundant but those which are on rare/endangered need to be totally banned. I remember a few years back when there were these camel dungs who came and shot endangered birds left/right and still got away.

Controlled hunting yet for species which are abundant but those which are on rare/endangered need to be totally banned. I remember a few years back when there were these camel dungs who came and shot endangered birds left/right and still got away.

Money can make you get away with anything these days, Unfortunately .

I think present system is running smoothly.

Are you became retard?

Please mind your language.

Hunting allowed not becasue of money but to increase the population of Markhor since Old markhor kept up to 10 to 20 females but can't fertile them because of age so in order to give chance to young males to mate with females we allowed to kill old male markhors and funds dived between locals and keepers as well.

Okay.

Well, what @krash wrote in this post seems okay but to me the main issue seems to be money that is to be given to the local community so that they don't poach the maarkhors. The local community also earns money by guiding and giving hospitality to the hunters.

That would still not account for benefits of removing old males neither will it work as what would be the criteria ? Opps...i saw your flag..never mind

I think present system is running smoothly.
Markhors are no longer endangered and snow leopard populace is recovering

Idk it just does. It deters poachers for some reason lol.

Please read this.

The bans weren't helping anyone, least of all the animals.

Please read this.

The bans weren't helping anyone, least of all the animals.
Well i hunt as well but I draw the line on need and sports and poaching. unfortunately hunting in Pak has become a mockery with the camel dungs going after endangered species without any impunity.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom