What's new

First tarawih prayer in Ayasofya Mosque after 88 years

Why can't this building be a mosque and church together ? All it will take is some logistics of arranging the prayer times, the management and the decorations within. At the end we are all human.
That's not allowed in either religion

Those Turks then should be reminded that they were the ones who invaded,stole our lands,turned our churches into mosques and enslaved us. If Islam has a bad name to the Balkan Christians,it's because of the Ottomans. Maybe they should be reminded that they came here and built all these mosques and converted thousands of our churches to places of worship for them :)

No dragons in the story? I thought you were good at fiction.
So you admit that indeed Greece destoryed thousands of Turkish mosques and in your opinion the Turks even deserved even worse. Thank you for your participation

Everyone this is the same one that cries about Hagia Sophia converted to a mosque.

Last edited:
That's not allowed in either religion

I have not read the Quran fully so maybe I will find such an allowance for irregular cases where communal harmony could be enabled by doing such a what really is a human act. Islam needs new leaders and such a leader is certainly not Erdogan who creates friction in the world instead of contributing to harmony.

So you admit that indeed Greece destoryed thousands of Turkish mosques and in your opinion the Turks even deserved even worse. Thank you for your participation

Everyone this is the same one that cries about Hagia Sophia converted to a mosque.
Nope. I don't know if we destroyed mosques. I know we turned some mosques into museums or shut them down. And I know there's PLENTY OF MOSQUES IN THRACE,operating normally.

What I also laugh about is the hypocrisy that you compare Agia Sofia to any church/mosque,as if you don't know the significance of that building.

It's also funny that you,act and like the robber who sued the homeowners for shooting at him.

If only you read history you would know about the payment. Churches are sold daily in Europe. This is notjing new
And where in history did you find it?

Those Turks then should be reminded that they were the ones who invaded,stole our lands,turned our churches into mosques and enslaved us. If Islam has a bad name to the Balkan Christians,it's because of the Ottomans. Maybe they should be reminded that they came here and built all these mosques and converted thousands of our churches to places of worship for them :)

No dragons in the story? I thought you were good at fiction.
There are wolves, eagle’s and bears no dragons here

Nope. I don't know if we destroyed mosques. I know we turned some mosques into museums or shut them down. And I know there's PLENTY OF MOSQUES IN THRACE,operating normally.

What I also laugh about is the hypocrisy that you compare Agia Sofia to any church/mosque,as if you don't know the significance of that building.

It's also funny that you,act and like the robber who sued the homeowners for shooting at him.

I showed what kind of a hypocrit you are when it comes to respect for relgious objects such as a mosque or church. You don’t care about a mosque just because its not Greek and Orthodox as former Hagia Sophia it can be rased to the ground no problem.

There are wolves, eagle’s and bears no dragons here

I showed what kind of a hypocrit you are when it comes to respect for relgious objects such as a mosque or church. You don’t care about a mosque just because its not Greek and Orthodox as former Hagia Sophia it can be rased to the ground no problem.
Have you built any mosque of the magnitude and historical significance in Greece that could be compared to Agia Sofia?
No. There's only the Blue Mosque right across of Agia Sofia and the Selimiye Mosque in Edirne and they are both in Turkish soil.

So basically what you're saying,is invalid. That makes you the hypocrite or at least ignorant.

Why can't this building be a mosque and church together ? All it will take is some logistics of arranging the prayer times, the management and the decorations within. At the end we are all human.

In India in 1799 the Ottomans did not help Tipu Sultan the Tiger of Mysore ( a Muslim, he ruled Mysore region in Southern India and was an ally of Napoleon ) who that year was killed fighting against the British and their Indian allies who included the Muslim nizam of Hyderabad who I think had some links to the Ottomans.

Hindus and ther pagan believe can go share ther places but muslims will not do things like that. And Ottomans they were in wars in that years.

Ask Google.. I am not going to search it for you. The time you wasted asking me you could have searched it

Ask Google.. I am not going to search it for you. The time you wasted asking me you could have searched it
Exactly, Greece has converted many mosques into churches, museums, and movie theaters.

@Foinikas is just a troll. Then he cries foul when a church is converted to a mosque in Turkey.

Exactly why should we do the research for him. Let him go to google and find out for himself.

I am tired of him asking, show me, show proof, blah, blah,blah when he can google it himself.

Exactly, Greece has converted many mosques into churches, museums, and movie theaters.
We haven't converted mosques to churches,we turned mosques that were previously churches,back to their original function.

@Foinikas is just a troll.
Funny coming from you,the master flamer.

I am tired of him asking, show me, show proof, blah, blah,blah when he can google it himself.
You present me with bull as evidence and you reject everything I tell you or show you. It's not my problem that you're stuck in a fanatically pro-Erdoğan stance and refuse to accept anything else.

We haven't converted mosques to churches,we turned mosques that were previously churches,back to their original function.

You present me with bull as evidence and you reject everything I tell you or show you. It's not my problem that you're stuck in a fanatically pro-Erdoğan stance and refuse to accept anything else.
Stop using that argument that those mosques used to be churches. Not all of them used to be churches.

There are some mosques that were converted to churches. Stop being a moron here.

And you can google the evidence. I don't have to bring it here. You are the troll.

What would a Christian Greek do on a Pakistani forum anyways?

What would a Christian Greek do on a Pakistani forum anyways?
I didn't know this was exclusively for Pakistani nationals.

But let's see:

These are former mosques in Greece:

Screenshot_2022-04-06 List of former mosques in Greece - Wikipedia.png
Screenshot_2022-04-06 List of former mosques in Greece - Wikipedia(1).png
Screenshot_2022-04-06 List of former mosques in Greece - Wikipedia(3).png
Screenshot_2022-04-06 List of former mosques in Greece - Wikipedia(4).png
Screenshot_2022-04-06 List of former mosques in Greece - Wikipedia(5).png
Screenshot_2022-04-06 List of former mosques in Greece - Wikipedia(6).png

Screenshot_2022-04-06 List of former mosques in Greece - Wikipedia(2).png

As you can see,none of these mosques was converted into a church.

But let's see the churches converted into mosques by the Turks in what is now Turkey,Greece,Cyprus and other places:

Screenshot_2022-04-06 Conversion of non-Islamic places of worship into mosques - Wikipedia.png

Screenshot_2022-04-06 Conversion of non-Islamic places of worship into mosques - Wikipedia(1).png

Screenshot_2022-04-06 Conversion of non-Islamic places of worship into mosques - Wikipedia(2).png

But let's see:

View attachment 830941View attachment 830942View attachment 830944View attachment 830945View attachment 830946View attachment 830947
View attachment 830943

But let's see the churches converted into mosques by the Turks in what is now Turkey,Greece,Cyprus and other places:

View attachment 830951

View attachment 830952

View attachment 830953
Go use Google, and not wikipedia.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source.:lol:

Here you go.

Now stop being a moron. You only look like a troll and an ignorant moron. You claim no mosques have been converted into churches in Greece. Get lost you moron. Many mosques have been converted into churches and bell towers in Greece.

Architect traces Ottoman works converted into churches​

Master architect Yilmaz says 329 Ottoman works turned into churches and bell towers across Europe​

Kubra Kara | 17.07.2020

Architect traces Ottoman works converted into churches

ISTANBUL
Searching and traveling across the lands that constituted the Ottoman Empire, a master architect traced Turkish buildings in 18 countries and found at least 329 of them turned into churches or bell towers.
Speaking to Anadolu Agency, Mehmet Emin Yilmaz said he traced Turkish architectural works for 10 years and identified the mosques, Islamic monasteries and shrines that are turned into bell towers.
Starting at the Balkans initially, Yilmaz said: "I first concentrated on Hungary, Bulgaria and Greece. Because most of the buildings converted into churches are in these three countries."
2020_07_eser1.jpg

"Later, I identified 329 Turkish architectural buildings such as mosques, small mosques, Islamic monasteries, shrines that were converted into churches at various times in a total of 18 countries including Algeria, Ukraine, Crimea, Georgia, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Romania, Serbia and Turkey," he added.
Giving a country-wise breakdown, he said: "A total of 117 mosques, seven Islamic monasteries and shrines and a madrasah (Islamic school) were converted into churches and three clock towers into bell towers in Bulgaria; in Croatia eight mosques and a [historic] tower into churches; in Crimea six mosques, a shrine into churches; in Kosovo a mosque into a church and a clock tower into a bell tower.
"In Ukraine two mosques were turned into a church and a minaret into a bell tower; in Macedonia three mosques, two shrines and two clock towers into churches; in Serbia 15 mosques and two shrines into churches; in Georgia and Azerbaijan a mosque form each were turned into churches during the Russian invasion; three mosques in Bosnia and Herzegovina were turned into churches during the Austrian invasion."
Yilmaz further said: "Three mosques in Algeria were turned into churches during the French invasion, two mosques in Armenia into churches. In South Cyprus a fountain, in Moldova four mosques and in Romania five mosques were all turned into churches."
"In Hungary 23 mosques, five shrines, a bathhouse and a school were turned into churches, however Hungarians are the only nation in Europe who did not convert any Turkish architecture into churches. All of the conversion of churches was done during the Austrian invasion," he added.

Greece stands out
Yilmaz said Greece has the most Turkish architecture that is "still in use" and added that the country converted 76 mosques, 19 shrines and a minaret into churches.

In addition, Greece also converted five minarets into bell towers, changing 101 architectural works.
2020_07_eser3.jpg

Yilmaz said the Turkish architectural works were converted over political and spatial reasons and added: "Large monumental Turkish buildings and especially minarets in the city centers are seen as the first target to be destroyed due its symbolism of Turkish domination and Islam. It is deeply saddening that in only one night in Sofia in 1878, seven minarets were destroyed with dynamites."
"Mosques are the most converted architectures into churches. I have identified 272 mosques and masjids. Aside from the mosques, 36 monasteries and shrines are turned into churches. There are clock towers turned into bell towers and minarets that bells were mounted on," he said.
A tower in Croatia, a reservoir of a fountain in Southern Cyprus, a prayer area in Greece was converted into Orthodox worship areas, Yilmaz added.
"A church was built inside a caravansary in Serbia. So it is not only mosques but also monasteries, shrines, minarets, towers, bathhouses, fountains and workhouses belonging to Turkish architecture that were turned into churches," he said.

Destruction
Yilmaz noted that components such as the domes and arches reflecting Turkish architecture were purposely destroyed and the architecture of those buildings altered.
"However, no matter how much they alter it the main walls, in which we call them main outer wall, face the qibla [direction toward Mecca] and cannot be changed, thus allowing us to identify the converted mosques. I was able to identify the Mustafa Pasha Mosque in Budapest this way," he said.
2020_07_eser2.jpg

Yilmaz stressed that there is no other nation that respects architectural works more than the Turkish nation, and said: "Turks were never hung-up on old civilizations and that is why we never intervened to the architectural components of those works that were turned into mosques. The best example to this is the Hagia Sophia Mosque."
"We have doted upon it [Hagia Sophia] since 1453, without interfering with the church features. We only added mihrab, minbar [Islamic pulpil] and minaret. When you look at it from outside, you can easily understand that it was once a church... However, the architectural features of the mosques that Europeans turned into churches have completely been changed."
He stated that his goal in this archive research was to register the Turkish works with documents.
Yilmaz, who has been researching Turkish architectural works for nearly 20 years, has been involved in many restoration projects at home and abroad.
He established the Turkish Architectural Research Center. The book from his research between 2010-2020, Turkish Works Converted Into Churches will soon be published.

*Writing by Merve Aydogan in Ankara

Now get lost.

But let's see:

View attachment 830941View attachment 830942View attachment 830944View attachment 830945View attachment 830946View attachment 830947
View attachment 830943

View attachment 830951

View attachment 830952

View attachment 830953
Okay moron, go see my post #241.

You said no mosque has been converted to a church in Greece, well sorry to burst your bubble there are many mosques that have been converted into churches in Greece and then you hypocritically get angry when Turkey converts a church into mosque.

Seriously if I was a mod I would ban you for trolling for telling lies and being idiotic really.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom