What's new

First T-129 Built at TAI Facilities Successfully conducts first flight

Congratulations to Turkey on this achievement , i do hope T-129 deal will go through with Pakistan.

I'm quite curious as to why they don't have cross test piloting, having an italian pilote test the P-1 and P-2, and the P-3..5 by turkish pilot sounds like a stupid thing. if you want to find out how a helicopter behaves through a series of test you have a standard test, but the pilots should also test different built helicopters to voice their perception of how the helicopters work.

I am pretty sure with the relations we have with turkey right now. We will buy several of these helis I would really prefer this one over the apaches.

What Armament it will have I mean Missiles Machine Guns and others ?

What Armament it will have I mean Missiles Machine Guns and others ?

T-129 (AugustaWestland AW729[24]) Turkish attack helicopter based on the A129 International. It will be built and assembled by TAI in Turkey. The first 30 will be TUC-1, with the following aircraft will be TUC-2.

T-129 TUC-1 will have an indigenous mission computer, indigenous EW and countermeasures, Aselsan AselFLIR-300, Thales helmet-mounted cueing system, and a foreign missile (either Hellfire II or Spike ER).

T-129 TUC-2 will have an indigenous mission computer, indigenous EW and countermeasures, Aselsan AselFLIR-300, Aselsan AVCI helmet-mounted cueing system, Roketsan UMTAS missile, and Roketsan Cirit Laser guided 70 mm (2.75 in) rocket.

The helicopter can survive in the battlefield through the integration of survivability equipment, which will include countermeasure dispensing systems, a missile warning system, a laser warning system, a radio frequency jammer, a radar warning receiver (RWR), infra-red countermeasures, and a suite central processing system (SCPS)

do someone know how this chopper is, compared to other ones like apache or mi-28 and other attack helicopters?

do someone know how this chopper is, compared to other ones like apache or mi-28 and other attack helicopters?

This belongs to the 5 ton category so dont compare it with heavier class choppers.

The helicopter looks very light, compared to an apache that looks like a mini-tank with rotars :)

I didn't see in any of the helicopters specs whether it had some counter meassures against rocket attack, so how much "punishment" can T-129 take ?

I also think that the pilots are quite exposed in their seats.

Helicopter looks great just pace of development is very turtle like

Speed up the process Turkey we are behind you 100%

Back
Top Bottom