What's new

First PAF IL-78 mid-air refueller aircraft arrives in Pakistan

The big question still remains for our f-16's ? any rumors,thoughts etc?

i think PAF will be wise enough and wont invest in any new tankers specially for F16z,, specially when it seem to turn away form US military hardware dependence in future....
<<LETS SAY NO TO US MILITARY HARDWARE>>:agree:

regards!

i think PAF will be wise enough and wont invest in any new tankers specially for F16z,, specially when it seem to turn away form US military hardware dependence in future....

regards!

why not,F 16 is our backbone and will remain our backbone.PAF should think to get some refeuller for our F 16

US is having best weapon technology in the world.why should we say no to them

PAF has learnt its lesson during the 90s embargo. The domestic defence industry has as a result flourished and we've witnessed how capable we really are. Relying on one supplier is suicide. We have all learnt that any capability must come with some sort of ToT. Self reliance is the key here. The Pakistani defence industry is growing annually. The defence export figures are also testimony of this fact.

Just a quick question. How much fuel does a fighter aircraft need(not specific to any aircraft or conditions ) and how much fuel these mid-air refueller can carry. Is it possible to refill the external fuel tanks too ?.

KC390 from embraer can be a good alternate!
67837a32bda32be40b6c92e66e04d813.jpg

Last edited:

regards!

I have to disagree with you this time around bro we need atleast 2 tankers if that for our f-16's as another brother said here they are part of the back bone of PAF forsure plus 18 new ones are gona be coming soon i hope there is something in the works for them.

Just a quick question. How much fuel does a fighter aircraft need(not specific to any aircraft or conditions ) and how much fuel these mid-air refueller can carry. Is it possible to refill the external fuel tanks too ?.

What exactly do you mean by need?
The fuel capacity can vary depending on the aircraft, for e.g
JF-17 Thunder can carry approximately 2300 kg - max 5700 kg
Su-30MKI can carry approximately 5300 kg - max 9400 kg

As far as the IL-78 is concerned it has a total fuel capacity of 138 tonnes (303,600 lb), of which 105.7 tonnes (232,540 lb - 105700kg) is transferable, the transfer rate is 2,340 l/min or 514.8 gal/min or 2889 kg/min

Cheers

What exactly do you mean by need?
The fuel capacity can vary depending on the aircraft, for e.g
JF-17 Thunder can carry approximately 2300 kg - max 5700 kg
Su-30MKI can carry approximately 5300 kg - max 9400 kg

As far as the IL-78 is concerned it has a total fuel capacity of 138 tonnes (303,600 lb), of which 105.7 tonnes (232,540 lb - 105700kg) is transferable, the transfer rate is 2,340 l/min or 514.8 gal/min or 2889 kg/min

Cheers

Thanks. What about external fuel tanks

Pakistan gets its first air-to-air refueling tanker

by David A. Fulghum

Here&#8217;s another Christmas present for the Pentagon. The first of four Ilyushin Il-78MP tanker/cargo aircraft was delivered to Pakistan Dec. 19. Pictured here is the aircraft during aircrew and aircraft trials in Ukraine in Oct. The aircraft were modified from surplus Ukranian aircraft stocks.

Also pictured is one of a small number of Pakistani Mirages modified with an in-air refueling probe.The tanker can refuel two aircraft in the air or four on the ground. The Il-78MP has upgraded PS-90 engines and Russian-designed UPAZ refueling pods on each wing outboard of the engines.

Can someone enlighten me about the increase in combat radius of our planes Mirages and JF-17 after in flight refuling.
Regards

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom