What's new

First PAF IL-78 mid-air refueller aircraft arrives in Pakistan

please elaborate on Hybridization

I'm sure PAF made the choice based on their experience and knowledge which is far greater then yours and mine put together.

Mirage 5 ROSE

Project ROSE (Retrofit Of Strike Element) was an upgrade programme launched by the Pakistan Air Force
to upgrade old Dassault Mirage III and Mirage 5 aircraft with modern avionics. In the first phases of the project, 33 ex-Australian Mirage III fighters were upgraded and designated ROSE I. The PAF then procured surplus Mirage 5F fighters in the late 1990s from the French Air Force in two batches. 20 fighters from the first batch were upgraded with new cockpits, navigation/attack suites
Nav/attack system defensive aids systems and a FLIR sensor under the aircraft's nose/cockpit, being designated ROSE II. The cockpits included new MFDs, HUDs, HOTAS controls, radar altimeters and RWRs. 14 Mirage 5F fighters from the second batch were upgraded similarly but with newer systems and designated ROSE III. The FLIR sensors allow the Mirage 5 ROSE fighters to specialize in the night-time attack role.

we have alot of systems in PAF , ARMY, NAVy that belong to a specific group of tech. but over the period of time we have merged them with another tech just because of lack of spares, costs and sanctions this is what i call Hybridization

as far as ROSE or no Rose goes my friend... HOTAS , RWR , radar altimeter, HUDs these are the basic things ...you cant call them WOW package, its the basic requirement. to put in plan words ROSE enabled Mirage to come out of the dark ages

These days talk about HMS, SPJs, off bore shooting, bubble canopies etc.

And yes PAF has all the experience required for a force to decide for them selves....and i am waiting to see what they come up with in the end

we have alot of systems in PAF , ARMY, NAVy that belong to a specific group of tech. but over the period of time we have merged them with another tech just because of lack of spares, costs and sanctions this is what i call Hybridization

as far as ROSE or no Rose goes my friend... HOTAS , RWR , radar altimeter, HUDs these are the basic things ...you cant call them WOW package, its the basic requirement. to put in plan words ROSE enabled Mirage to come out of the dark ages

These days talk about HMS, SPJs, off bore shooting, bubble canopies etc.

And yes PAF has all the experience required for a force to decide for them selves....and i am waiting to see what they come up with in the end

If PAF can somehow bring in something for the F-16s to be compatible with a completely different technology it sure will be a break through in military aviation but at the moment there is nothing like that and hence waiting for it would certainly not have been a wise decision.We had to install probes and train our pilots to be able to use the AAR facility.

You are comparing some very expensive upgrades with refueling probes.

Anyhow at the end of the day PAF had 2 options to choose from and it was Mirage, which is certainly not a triangular piece of metal.

Simple. :pakistan:

If PAF can somehow bring in something for the F-16s to be compatible with a completely different technology it sure will be a break through in military aviation but at the moment there is nothing like that and hence waiting for it would certainly not have been a wise decision.We had to install probes and train our pilots to be able to use the AAR facility.

You are comparing some very expensive upgrades with refueling probes.

Anyhow at the end of the day PAF had 2 options to choose from and it was Mirage, which is certainly not a triangular piece of metal.

Simple. :pakistan:

Ok We shall stick to that, and turn ignorance into a temporary bliss...

Every Aircraft in our fleet that has a re-fueling probe , is capable of refueling from IL-78.

In terms of Aircraft the only added advantage is that now the fighters in the north can go bomb some enemy target in the south. More like unpredictability.

:pakistan:

Hi,

And we were so excited about getting the refuellers---we missed the very obvious.

I believe that the AEW&C and the Re fueler are two moving parts of a strategic machinery of Nuclear weaponry. By far the best move made by the SPD to ensure second strike capability. Apart form this, now destroying our runway would not be useful for the enemy

"Fuel Time"

The painting depicts a pair of Mirages of Pakistan Airforce refuels from a newly inducted Il-78 Midas.

7a9cd91492b147862a1acbe13bb18fed.jpg

Every Aircraft in our fleet that has a re-fueling probe , is capable of refueling from IL-78.

I don't know about that .. and forsure not the f-16's infact only several fighters are being eqp as of yet such as mirages if you have any sources or proof plzz kindly provide it to us for our eyes to open thx ..:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom